Deep Steep Deep Steep Body Butter

3.7

Not tested on animals

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I am a big fan! The fact they are natural and still smell strong and delicious is huge. I have quite a few scents. Some of the "body butters" are just like a normal lotion while others are rich and thick. Maybe because I purchase them as seconds? at TJ Maxx?

Apricot Fig: A great peach smell IMO
Lilac blossom: Can't stop sniffing myself smells like it sounds
Grapefruit bergamot: Smells like fruit loops in a lemony good way ;) I really love it
Honeydew spearmint: Good. smells like it sounds
coconut lime: Totally different from typical coconut lime smells. It smells mostly of lime which is why I love it! Reminds me of a sweet lime snow cone mixed with floor cleaner lol.
strawberry: Nice scent
Brown sugar something: Not a fan
guava papaya: Yummy and fruity but not my fave

anyway they work and smell great!!

I've been using this product for on and off, and so far I've used over 3/4th of the bottle. The Deep Steep Body Butter is made with all natural ingredients, so this is definitely a big plus for me.

Not that I have anything against products that uses safe chemicals, I just think all natural products are more gentle on the skin. And to think that I purchased this product without even reading the labels, I was pretty lucky.

The design of the bottle is nothing fancy, it is simple and straightforward. The bottle is easy to use, and I perceive no trouble in terms of squeezing the last drop of the body butter out.

The Application
The tube has a cap that is easy to open and close. Upon opening the cap and squeezing the body butter out, the delicious smelling scent pours out. I got the tangerine scented body butter, and in my opinion it smells amazing!I usually prefer products that have a light fragrance, but this product is an exception.

In terms of application, it is very thick in consistency; I had to give it a couple good rubs before the product is completely transparent on my skin. After rubbing it a couple of times, the consistency gets even thicker and it becomes relatively more difficult to spread around.

If you are someone who prefer light body moisturizers, I would not recommend this product to you. However, this product is more suitable to those that has dry, scaly skin that is in need of repair. I usually use this product on my legs, elbows, and hands, sometimes I use it on the balls of my foot where it tends to be dry and tends to crack.

After application, it is visibly clear that my skin is less dry and flaky. But to be fair, the results are to be expected with a moisturizer/body butter.

Conclusion
Deep Steep's Body Butter comes in simple packaging that is very easy to use. The body butter is very thick in consistency and does an okay job in hydration. The plus side for me is the fact that the product is made with all natural ingredients, and it has a pleasant scent. In general, this product is more suitable to those that have dry, scaly skin.

If you are interested in seeing other reviews done by me in full, feel free to visit my blog!
www.bombinate-kate.blogspot.ca

Hope to see you there!

To Read all 11 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/28/2015 9:01:00 PM

This body butter has a thick, rich consistency. Goes on with a slightly tacky feel-- you really have to work it into the skin. Once it is applied, it absorbs quickly. (I live in hot, sticky Florida so lotions that don't absorb are a waste of my time!) The scent is very powerful for a lotion. I have the Brown Sugar scent. It wears like a perfume and smells very sweet. It moisturizes well and I would purchase again. This wouldn't work for me as a daily all-over lotion, but I like to put it on after I shave my legs.

on 11/17/2014 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Im surprised at the negative reviews because I find this body butter amazing! As someone who has eczema and oily skin, I appreciate how quickly it absorbs and it doesn't leave me greasy, yet its sensitive enough to not cause any reactions or break me out.I picked it up in passion fruit/guava which smells delicious, very similar to Pacifica Blood Orange. Their brown sugar also smells amazing, just like B&BW's brown sugar and fig. The scent is strong and lingers for a long time. The ingredients are all natural, and its reasonably priced and easily available(Picked mine up at Whole Foods, also available at Target). Packaging is cute and simple, a white plastic squeeze bottle with a flip cap. Ive also used it as a hand cream and it works wonderfully for that purpose as well.

on 1/4/2014 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got the brown sugar vanilla scent at Marshalls for $5 and I love it! It makes my skin so soft and the moisturization and scent last forever. I also used this on a patch of eczema on my arm and it cleared up really fast! I just love all of deep steeps products. None of them have bad ingredients and they are so reasonably priced... did I mention they smell AMAZING??? I especially love the grapefruit bergmont and the lavender chammomile in addition to the brown sugar vanilla.

on 12/17/2013 12:56:00 PM

Ever since I found Deep Steep products online last year, I can't get enough. My first purchase was the body butter in Honeydew Spearmint. The smell is divine, so natural, light, fresh and mood-lifting. I felt like this was a nice moisturizer, but did not do the trick if you have extremely dry skin, like I do in the cold winter months. Unless you're able to reapply throughout the day, this will only give you about 3-4 hours of moisture. It was a thicker formula that took a while to blend into the skin, but once it did, it felt lovely, not greasy at all.

I've since purchased the body lotion and I prefer that formulation much more. It hydrates just as well but smoothes onto the skin much quicker and easier. I've purchased the grapefruit bergamot scent in the lotion and it is just as beautiful as the honeydew spearmint one. Have repurchased the lotion a few times now and will continue to do so.

Love the ingredients on this stuff too. Ever since switching over to natural shower/body care, I can immediately tell a difference from using this, compared to other DS moisturizers. My skin doesn't get that suffocating feeling from the mineral oil/petroleum products.

I bought this at Winners for $9 and for that price it is a great product! I'd never pay more for it though.

PROS:
- scent (Tangerine Melon) is light, refreshing, and a nice mix of citrus and softness.
- the product absorbs quickly (30-45 seconds) and there is no greasy residue. I just put it on and there is no problem with the product leaving my hands and gooping up the keyboard.
- the packaging is cute, simple, and easy to throw in a beach bag or keep on the tub.
- the consistency is perfect for a body cream - easy to spread but not thin at all. I prefer it to body shop butters which can be hard to move around the body OR feel like a jelly.

CONS:
- it doesn't keep my skin hydrated for very long. My dry shins and cuticles need another does within an hour or two. For the other areas of my body that only require moderate hydration it is perfect.

INGREDIENTS: aloe vera, infusion of tangerine, orange, and melon extracts, sunflower oil, glyceryl stearate, glycerin, coconut fatty acid, shea butter, vitamin E, cocoa seed butter, guar gum, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate (all ingredients are vegan and/or organic)

on 7/21/2012 4:33:00 PM

Why does this have such bad reviews?! This is THE best natural lotion ever. I use it on my hands and it makes them super soft! I have this in lavender-chamomile and it smells lovely. I also don't know why people are complaining about the price.. I've seen it online for $5.

I have this in Grapefruit Bergamot & it smells sooooo good. I got this at Earth Fare to take with me on a trip, I thought the tube would be preferable to a bottle of lotion for traveling. I'm so glad I tried this! Every day when I put it on, my husband would say, "You smell really good!" The lotion itself is good, very moisturizing. The scent didn't last too long which is what I prefer, I don't like things to interfere with my perfume. I had a sample of the minty one, too, & liked it pretty well.

on 8/26/2005 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Gross! I got the grapefruit bergamot one and it smells exactly like fruit loops. I don't care much for the cereal and I definitely don't want the smell of it on my body. The softening and moisturizing abilities were sub par and minimal.I can see why this was on sale, it's crap!