Clinique Soft Finish Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Clinique Soft Finish Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

on 12/30/2009 5:30:00 AM

I dropped and smashed my Chanel bronzer I had had for years. Could not face paying $80 to replace it so tried the Clinique Powder bronzer in 02 Sunkissed instead.

It comes with a brush that goes in a little pouch - would prefer one that is stored in the bronzer packaging - no other complaints about the packaging.

At first I was worried this was too dark for my fair skin, but once I worked out how to put it on (a little bit goes a long way) I have been very happy. I wear this every day either over foundation or on it's own.

on 5/29/2009 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I think this powder is very good for eliminating shine but it does not offer much in the way of coverage. I have only had it for about a month and at least so far I have not noticed any breakouts. I like to use this powder to help set my foundation and for quick touch-ups throughout the day. I would buy this product again.

on 1/27/2009 4:01:00 PM

This is a pretty good powder. It lasts awhile, even with my oily skin. Plus, it doesn't give an uneven tone look. My only complaint is how the sponge is packaged; I have a hard time getting to the sponge under the powder.

on 1/18/2009 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is the first pressed powder I have ever tried. Let me start off by saying that my skin is dry, so the idea of using a powder made me cringe. I hate that dry cakey look and avoid it at all costs. This product is the total opposite! It leaves my skin smooth, soft, sheer, and feeling light. The coverage is definitely not full.

Its nice on my skin, however the reason I bought this pressed powder was to blend the line between my jaw and neck. It doesn't really show up that much.. hmm.

on 3/15/2008 1:17:00 AM

This powder is great! I love the sponge that comes with it too. The finish is so smooth and makes my skin look flawless.

on 11/21/2007 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

UPDATE (2012-02-17): BOYCOTTING RE. CURRENT ANIMAL TESTING FOR CHINESE MARKET

This was one of the top two powders I have ever used. Fine, subtle, leaves a flawless and slightly luminous finish. Great on dryish skin that's prone to react to things it doesn't like (going spotty and flaky: yum). Good tone for pale skin: skin-coloured, rather than slightly pink/orange. Just enough for coverage, freckles are still visible.

Alas not available in Ireland. Sigh. continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This powder is definitely for people with acne prone skin like mine who feel uncomfortable wearing a foundation, because this powder provides a lot of coverage with a little bit of powder. I'd recommend this to anyone, just make sure you buy the right shade.

When I first bought the product I really enjoyed the shine allievating properties it had. But then after I used it for about a week, my skin stared to break out really bad. I never have very large blemishes on my face before. I suspect that this is the culprit or the real foundation from clinique. Either way, this powder is only good on top of foundation not really by it self.

on 6/11/2006 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

(Important: read update below)
wow, just my luck! I find a powder that is HG material, and it's in the process of being discontinued. I visited 2 Clinique counters to find one in stock and I got the very last one at one counter.

This powder gave a soft, finish, didn't dry my skin and improved some redness. I would repurchase if it was still in production, but unfortunately it is being discontinued. Funny thing is, it shows available on the Clinique website so maybe it's in the begining process of the dreaded "D".

Oh well, after this is finished, I will be on with my search for a HG powder. I did try Origins "All or Nothing". It was not bad, but I gave it away without testing it enough. I may go back and repurchase that.

UPDATE: Nordstroms Clinique told me this soft finish powder line is being discountinued. I sent an email to Clinique asking if this was true, and they said only certain locations will carry this powder (but it's available on line currently). Macy's clinique told me only certain colors are being discountinued.
3 different stories, so I guess I will go with the direct email from clinque. continued >>

This is really a great powder! Never cakes and really looks natural and set into skin, not line! so great. even packaging is awesome, except for the crappy sponge which i threw away.

Update: i love this, but it stared to make me break out in whiteheads. Shame, it looks great!