4.1

$19.00 on Nordstrom
Shop Now

Reviews

8 months ago

I have 2 of these. One was a free promo and I went and bought a 2nd if that shows how much I like it. My lips are not usually dry. I put lanolin on religiously before bed (for breastfeeding moms in the purple tube but it will change your life before bed I swear and it stays on ALL NIGHT). But sometimes dehydration or like crest white strips dry my lips; then I am 40 so I worry about smoking lines; there are formulas I love the color of that crack ON the lip; stuff like that requires more than a liner to work. So in times of dryness or using a crack prone formula or whatever, put this on, let it sit for a moment, apply your liner if desired or your drying lip product (I personally find liquid matte lipsticks absolutely do not require a liner), and this just saves the day. It adheres better and the cracking problem is nonexistent. Your product looks as intended and lasts longer too. Spendy yes but I will always have one in my purse and one in my vanity. Just makes it all look & behave nicer. I’ve tried using as a chapstick but it’s not really well suited for that. Many many other products are better for moisture, ie lanolin as described above, I love the splurge by terry rose in the pot, bite agave masks (flavored expensive delicious and tinted if you want lanolin check the ingredients it’s at the top), many more I’m spacing on rn but I do DESPISE anything that is from the drugstore marketed for dry lips like chapstick, dct, carmex, Vaseline.... they seem to make my issues worse. I’m not counting my lanolin cuz that ain’t marketed for dry lips. Dry nips. Lol. Oh wait there’s a Burt’s Bee lip scrub I liked. It had very small granules that you could rub in and not even have to take off they kinda just absorb and it was quite emollient. Also there is a nice dior addict rose gold thing that looks bomb diggity and gives moisture ... oh and the tin pots of rose salve and there’s a strawberry one that come real cheap at Sephora are nice. Jack Black lip (maybe it’s for men I’m not sure) gets rave reviews at Sephora is inexpensive but I’ve yet to try. I’m off topic here. I’ll stop.

About reviewer (389 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

10 months ago

Holy grail product! I hate wearing lipstick as my lips get super dry and after an hour end up using a lip balm, but using this under my lipstick and lipgloss is honestly a game changer. My lipstick does not feel dry and I definitely don’t feel like I need to apply lip balm after using this. I would recommend this product to anyone and will definitely have this as a staple in my collection!

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

from

a year ago

Edit- IF YOU LOVE RUBY WOO AND CANT STAND THE DRYNESS YOU NEEEED THIS! I cannot wear ruby woo without this. So this for me is a glorified lip balm that adheres lip product really well. I use this the first step to my makeup routine. My lips feel great and it does help the lipstick or lip product go on smoother and sticks to them really well so no feathering. I love this with mac ruby woo lipstick which can be very drying. I love the smell of mac lip products! I wouldnt repurchase because i only use this when i use Ruby woo and i havent been reaching for that at all. I grew out of the uncomfortable red lip!

About reviewer (425 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

This keeps your lipstick in place and lips moisturized. Love that it keeps lipstick from settling in the fold and cracks of the lips for a smooth application.This also creates a barrier to minimize lip stain for this red colors. Its is worth every penny and do Not bother with cheaper knock offs like Colour Pop.Minimal scent which is good since I have allergies.Just sorry it took me so long to purchase. A must for 30 year old lips and above.

About reviewer (133 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I like it, it made the look of the lipstick more creamy, and lasts longer with this.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2.0
from

2 years ago

I dont really understand the point of this . Its not really moisturizing, is not helpful in keeping lipstick on and is expensive. I much prefer the NYX lip primer

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

I remember wondering what the point of a lip primer was, and then my mid-thirties hit and I started getting these tiny lines around my lips that creamy lipsticks or glosses would sink into. At first I just used lip liner, but sometimes I don't want to alter the color of my lipstick. And another problem I was having was that matte lipsticks were looking crepe-y on my lips, giving them that not so sexy butthole look. I tried a cheap primer by Ulta, and it just made my lips feel more dry, same with Colourpop. Finally I gave in and paid way too much for too little product with MAC, but I was finally able to see the point of a lip primer! It goes on slick, but sets to a matte (but not dry) finish, smoothing all those lip lines along the way. It helps lipstick look better and smoother, and also improves wear! I primarily wear this one under matte lipsticks for the smoothing properties, but for keeping lipstick from creeping into lip lines, I prefer the fat Urban Decay Ozone pencil.

About reviewer (315 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Very good under matte lips! Keeps it moist! Most of all I think I’m addicted to the vanilla smell and taste! It’s intoxicating! I love this product!!!!

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

2 years ago

A color-free lipstick base that adds light moisture, smooths and refines

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

2 years ago

Pretty damn expensive for what it is, but it leaves a certain tackiness to the lips that feels more like a barrier than anything. I have no idea if it makes my lip products any longer lasting than without, but what I use it for is... using it with MAC lipsticks lmao. Mac lipsticks for some reason make my lips peel now, but when I use this, it lessens or completely riddens that effect, and I'm happy with that, despite how little product there is in this tube for what it is. No, the Colourpop one is not a dupe. Yes, I would repurchase because I'd like to get some actual use out of my MAC lipsticks (or any other lipsticks that make my lips peel for that matter!)

About reviewer (423 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm