MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Lip

MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Lip
MAC Prep and Prime Lip Color baseMAC Prep & Prime Lip Prep + Prime Lip

4.1

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This keeps your lipstick in place and lips moisturized. Love that it keeps lipstick from settling in the fold and cracks of the lips for a smooth application.This also creates a barrier to minimize lip stain for this red colors. Its is worth every penny and do Not bother with cheaper knock offs like Colour Pop.Minimal scent which is good since I have allergies.Just sorry it took me so long to purchase. A must for 30 year old lips and above.

I like it, it made the look of the lipstick more creamy, and lasts longer with this.

on 5/11/2018 8:24:00 PM

I dont really understand the point of this . Its not really moisturizing, is not helpful in keeping lipstick on and is expensive. I much prefer the NYX lip primer

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I remember wondering what the point of a lip primer was, and then my mid-thirties hit and I started getting these tiny lines around my lips that creamy lipsticks or glosses would sink into. At first I just used lip liner, but sometimes I don't want to alter the color of my lipstick. And another problem I was having was that matte lipsticks were looking crepe-y on my lips, giving them that not so sexy butthole look. I tried a cheap primer by Ulta, and it just made my lips feel more dry, same with Colourpop. Finally I gave in and paid way too much for too little product with MAC, but I was finally able to see the point of a lip primer! It goes on slick, but sets to a matte (but not dry) finish, smoothing all those lip lines along the way. It helps lipstick look better and smoother, and also improves wear! I primarily wear this one under matte lipsticks for the smoothing properties, but for keeping lipstick from creeping into lip lines, I prefer the fat Urban Decay Ozone pencil.

on 2/4/2018 4:18:00 AM

Very good under matte lips! Keeps it moist! Most of all I think I’m addicted to the vanilla smell and taste! It’s intoxicating! I love this product!!!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

A color-free lipstick base that adds light moisture, smooths and refines

on 2/4/2018 2:06:00 AM

Pretty damn expensive for what it is, but it leaves a certain tackiness to the lips that feels more like a barrier than anything. I have no idea if it makes my lip products any longer lasting than without, but what I use it for is... using it with MAC lipsticks lmao. Mac lipsticks for some reason make my lips peel now, but when I use this, it lessens or completely riddens that effect, and I'm happy with that, despite how little product there is in this tube for what it is. No, the Colourpop one is not a dupe. Yes, I would repurchase because I'd like to get some actual use out of my MAC lipsticks (or any other lipsticks that make my lips peel for that matter!)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I struggle with lipsticks because they dry my lips so horribly. This solved that. However, it is expensive, and I only dropped it once and it broke. Now I have to dig it out? Be careful, it's delicate.

on 4/3/2017 3:53:00 PM

Complete and utter waste of money!
First of all, it doesn't perform that great as a primer, in fact it seems to make lipstick apply unevenly.
But that's not the worst...the worst is the packaging. I had read reviews saying you have to be careful and not get too much of the product out of the tube because it falls off easily, so I carefully only let out maybe 5 millimeters of product each time I used it. By 3rd use, the tube fell off! It just won't adhere at the base. Now you'd think a well known company like MAC would take in consideration the complaints they have clearly had for years and do something to fix the issue, but nope!
Carelessness because their product sells anyway? Disregard for their customers? Whatever it is, they should be ashamed of themselves.

I am returning this crap because it's not worth the $25 I paid for it.

on 3/20/2017 3:52:00 AM

It's a kinda useless product imo. U don't really need it. I have dry lips and this is ok for a layer on beofre ur drying matte lippys but I don't find it moisturizes much more than using a lip balm.u don't get that much product for 30+ dollars. Would I buy again. Na!

Popular Lip Treatments