L'Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Blush - Innocent Flush

L'Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Blush - Innocent Flush
L'Oreal True Match Blush - Innocent FlushTrue Match Super-Blendable Blush - Innocent FlushTrue Match Super-Blendable Blush - Innocent FlushTrue Match Super-Blendable Blush - Innocent Flush

Talc, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Polymethylsilesquioxane, Titanium Dioxide, Alumina, Cetyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Glycerin, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Silica, isobutylparaben, Propylparaben.May contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Carmine, Red No. 7 Lake, Ultramarines, Red No. 36.

on 3/26/2013 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

A big thank you to whoever recommended this to me on the makeup board. I feel like my whole life I've been trying to force myself into various shades of rose and pink because they seem like sensible, wearable colors, until I found this. I have NC 120ish skin with yellow undertones, and this blush is the first one that has actually worked with my yellowness and made my skin look healthy and glowing!

It is easy to get scared off by the bright orangy-peach color of this blush in the pan. However, it is a beautiful color that brightens and transforms my skin. The blush goes on sheer at first but it is very easily buildable. You can wear just a hint of it, or blend in more for a bolder effect. It is on the light side, however, so if you have very dark skin, it may not show up as well. It is also very easy to blend and wears very well. It lasts all day on my oily skin! It wears at least as well as my NARS blush! The finish is not totally matte, but it is definitely not sparkly. It is very natural looking and does not make me look shiny and greasy. I have even worn this on foundation-less skin and felt ok going out in public.

This is an excellent quality blush and the packaging is good. It is sturdy and has a decent sized mirror on the bottom so it won't get all dusted over with product. It also has a teensy half-fan brush. These brushes are never good, but I have used it for a touch-up in a pinch and it is very soft and does the job.

This is a wonderful product and I have used it nearly everyday since I bought it. If you have light-ish skin with yellow undertones, please give this a try, you will be so happy you did!

Let me start with "I finished the entire blush!" My favorite blush ever. It is pigmented but not too much. It lightens my skin tone well and looks super fluttering! It is not tightly pressed. I really enjoyed using it. I don't like the packaging but that's not really an issue for me.

on 6/12/2015 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I originally bought this blush 7 years ago and then I lost it. I couldn't find it but I remembered I loved the color so I bought a new one. I just found my original blush that I bought in 2008 and I realized something, L'oreal changed the color in at some point since I bought it. The original blush is actually matte, and slightly pinker then the current color. It's actually neutral. The new color you find in stores now has a shimmery sheen, it's more peach-y and warmer toned. This also explains why some reviewers call the blush matte and other say it's shimmery.

I love both colors and and they both wear equally well. I have oily skin and I usually use a setting spray (L'oreal or Urban Decay) and my blush doesn't wear off. TThe shimmery one (current formula) looks wonderfully summery. It's a bit of an obvious blush, since people don't have naturally shimmery cheeks. The old formula with the matte finish is much more natural. It's an amazing "innocent flush" if you're doing no makeup makeup.

If you can find both, I think the colors and finish are different enough to warrant purchasing both. I'll see if I can get some pictures of the blushes online. I thought I'll write this review for people considering buying the blush and is getting confused as to why they are different descriptions of the color.

on 5/19/2011 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used to be in love with this product. I bought it back in 2008, and I'd still be using it....if I hadn't dropped it and cracked up the compact powder disc. :( So I was forced to move on from the perfect matte blush and I tried to replace it.
I immediately headed to the cosmetics L'oreal aisle at Target the first chance I got. From five feet away I could tell that they had completely changed the color of my beloved Innocent Flush shade. Panic-stricken, I decided to ignore the obvious differences and bought a replacement anyway. To my disappointment, the color has been made so sheer that it didn't show up at all on my fair skin. Fair is putting it mildly. On the most transparent bit of my pasty white skin, all I could see was a complete mess of glitter. This was no "youthful shimmer". It was glitter, and as glitter often does, it had spread like the plague in a matter of seconds.
Needless to say, I was irritated. I'd spent $9 on a product that used to have some quality. Since then I've been on the hunt for that original peachy pink color in a perfect matte form. Unfortunately, the makeup world seems to be obsessed with glitter for the moment. I did manage to stumble across the N.Y.C. brand at Wal Mart. They have a lovely Cheek Glow Powder Blush line that is completely matte. They are sheer, build up very easily for those who want more pigmentation, and they have NO GLITTER. Did I mention that they cost $2.74 each. Such a steal. The brush is pretty darn cheap, but I have no problem using the old brush from my original L'oreal package. I was torn between the Riverside Rose and West Side Wine colors, both of which would perfectly suite my skin tone and closely complement the first Innocent Flush color. In the end I went with Riverside Rose, which was only slightly more peachy than the Wine color, both were pretty neutral. I am pleased to report that when I placed it next to the broken shambles that remained of my beloved first blush, it was a perfect match. In the store, I based the decision on which color most closely matched the flush of the palm of my hand. So I think that's a good general rule for finding the perfect shade of blush.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I found this at the drugstore when looking for a peachy blush. It honestly seemed to be the only shade that peaked my interest of all the blushes in the store.. Originally priced at around 17$ in Canada, it was on sale so I decided to give it a try. It is a bit light for my medium olive skin tone (NC30) but gives a nice natural look just the same. With a heavy hand you can deffinately build this shade up to be a nice pop of colour. Innocent Flush brightens up my face and totally completes the look when paired with a peachy/nude gloss and simple cat eyes. P.S. There is a fine, fine shimmer / irredecent effect to this blush that gives a nice overall glow to the face, but not so much that it makes your cheekbones shine - it comes off as a really pretty sheen that brightens your face.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this because I kept hearing about it on the makeup board...and I love a good drugstore find almost as much as I love a good peach blush!

So first I need to say that L'Oreal did something very, very annoying with this...they changed the color at some point, but they kept the same name on it. This explains why some reviewers call it matte, and others insist it has shimmer. I have now purchased both and they are hardly even close on color!

The matte version is straight-up orange peach, not a hint of pink. It reminds me of MAC Peaches, or Everyday Minerals Siesta. I have naturally pink cheeks, so I'm always happy to find a peach blush with no added pink. You must use a very light hand, or you will end up with clown stripes. It's VERY pigmented. It is also not the easiest blush to blend. There is a quality to the texture that feels almost emollient--swipe your finger across the pan and you will see what I mean. I ended up blending it with my fingers and that worked ok. The finished product was a very nice summery glow to my skin!

The shimmery version is totally different...a pink-peach with fine shimmer. More powdery, and blends slightly better.

Overall, this is a great buy...6 g for anywhere between 7 and 10 bucks. Wait until you see it on BOGO at your neighborhood drug store and pick it up even cheaper. It's a good addition to a blush stash for not much effort.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Product: This is a peachy colored matte blush in a round flip top plastic packaging.

Color comparisons to other popular products: Color is more muted and slightly less pink than Stila's Gerbera CC, and also a tad less pink (and not shimmery of course) version of Jane's Blushing Earth Sheer. So yeah, this is a straight up peach.

My experience: This of course, is a straight up peach, as the color comparisons above should have clued you in. It's also one of the few peach blushes I find I can actually tolerate. I tend to go for pinks, being a cool-to-neutral toned girl (AAB, NC/NW20, neutral-to-cool for complete info) so this is one of the few peaches I have in my mainly pink collection (I sooo need to diversify). And what can I say, this product is fantastic! It's wildly pigmented, and stays on for 6+ hours on me, and totally kicks the butt of other more high-end blushes I've tried (BB, MAC). It shows up very well so I use a less dense blush brush (also a skunk) with this baby. So quality-wise, this can't be faulted, although I think it -does- fade a little at the end of the day. However, the color is rather peachy, so although it does sell itself as a 'neutral' colour, I think it's still best suited to warmer girls. That being said, I do think if you are neutral-to-cool it is going to be alright too, for those days where you want something peachier. It's a good peach base with almost no pink, but at the same time not too orange to make it totally unwearable for warmer skintones. Still, if you are strongly cool-toned (and if you already find, say, Stila's Gerbera or Jane's Blushing Earth Sheer too peach for you) then this is not for you. Also the color is pretty light, so although it will probably show up on darker skintones, it may not look too natural, since it turns up light peach - unless of course that is the look you are going for! Overall, I really love this range, and it is SO worth the money when it is BOGOF - I only wish that they had a wider and more complex range of colors. It's a pity to see such a great formula at such a great price hampered by the lack of color choices. But for what you get, you can't complain. If you're looking for a straight up light peach blush that's matte and highly pigmented, and if you are fair and neutral-to-warm or leaning slightly to cool, this is something you should definitely try. However, if you prefer sheerer blushes, or shimmery blushes, or are strongly cooltoned or very dark-skinned, then you might want to give this a pass.

on 5/25/2016 11:49:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I don't know why I haven't bought this blush it's been around so long, but I recently saw the hue Innocent Flush and had to have this pale peach.

I felt how soft and creamy it felt when I swatched it, but I was so disappointed to find that it has thousands of glitter particles all through it and after a couple of hours I just had a disco ball on my cheeks with no color to speak of.

To add insult to injury the entire blush just fell out of the compact and broke.

on 3/18/2014 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I fall into that too fair to wear blush category, the irony is being fair is you almost have to add some color. I've been wanting to experiment with blush and not spend a ton of money. I had recently shelled out for an Amazonian Clay blush from Tarte, which I tried a few times, hated and had to swap. My current skin tone is somewhere between NC10 and NC15. I purchased this and Bare Honey. Innocent Flush is labeled for N3-4 and I am probably level 2 in warm or neutral, but I wanted to give something with a bit more color a try for some photos. This is still wearable for those lighter than N3-4, it's more pronounced that level 1-2 but not over powering. The color is somewhere between peach and coral, like other true match shades it does have shimmer but thank god no glimmer or frost.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have this in tender rose and love it so I thought I would try another shade. My skintone is fair and cool but this blush is neutral and it really works for me. I came across this little gem at the drugstore and the amazing coral color really caught my eye. The claim is true as this is super-blendable. You can layer as much as needed without being cakey. The brush included is useless as most are that come with blushes and powders. I use my e.l.f. kabuki brush and it is wonderful with applying blushes and any type of powders. This will leave your skin looking radiant. The shimmer in this gives a glowing effect. I can't remember the exact price of this but I'm thinking around $10. Definitely try this out! I hope I helped!

Popular Blush Products