GUERLAIN KissKiss (All)

GUERLAIN KissKiss (All)
KissKiss (All)KissKiss (All)KissKiss (All)KissKiss (All)

on 6/8/2007 2:57:00 PM

It's taken me over a year to decide, but other than the beautiful color selection—and some colors are indeed magnificent— I can not find much to recommend about these lipstcks. I have Sexy Tango, a gorgeous corally red, and Beige Strasse, a too-frosty-for-me peachy copper. The formula is a bit drying though not waxy, and the signature Guerlain violet scent is overbearing and irritating to my throat, and it doesn't dissipate with time. Some eau de parfum I could name should last as long as this lipstick's scent. The much admired, dowager friendly tube feels nice in the hand, but for my taste it's an over-designed clunker. If these were unscented I'd be more forgiving of the somewhat minor flaws, but for the high price there are other lipsticks I feel better about buying.

on 12/11/2006 3:30:00 PM

I have always loved Guerlain lipsticks and used them regularly until about a year ago when they discontinued my favourite shade and I could find nothing to replace it with. The appeal of Guerlain has always been the fact they carry a range of orangey shades which have no pink in them (I have wasted shed loads of cash on lipsticks which look orange/peach in the tube and ALWAYS go pink on me!) and the wonderful tube with the little mirror on the end - priceless! So why oh why did they have to discontinue the most commonsense packaging in the world? Having read the impressive reviews on MA I thought I'd investigate this new line and the completely new range of shades. I was not disappointed. I bought "Fauve Seduisant 546" which really complements my red hair and hazel eyes. Its a gorgeous peachy terracotta shade which goes on with a beautiful shine. Subtle on its own - it 'pops' with a little clear gloss over it. It comes in the most extravagant gold packaging you'd be proud to pull out and apply anywhere! (Even if there is no mirror in the bottom of the tube for which I removed 1 lippy in the review!) The texture is very soft - its a sort of gel/creme and what really surprised me is its incredible staying power without drying. It faded evenly and left my lips really soft with a light stain. Overall I was very impressed with its performance and value for money. This is one lipstick definately worth £15. I can see it lasting a long time - a definate repurchase.

on 10/2/2005 12:07:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Oh, how I wish I could buy about 10 of these! I had to "settle" for one, as I can't justify spending that much moola! Number 523 Exces de Rouge, a dark raspBERRY red color. Perfect if you're looking for a blue-red color. This is very pigmented to me and leaves a stain on your lips even after you wipe it off. It does have that little candy smell to it, but a small price to pay. Now, let's talk about the packaging! Why ELSE would I pay $26.00 for a lipstick? :) It's a piece of jewelry! It's eye candy to the max! It's girly! It's feminine! It's what you want to whip out and impress all your friends with! It's pure unadulterated glamour and worth every penny! (Secretly, it kind of reminds me of a golden Tootsie Roll!) Guerlain has some of the prettiest packaging of products around and has delivered the goods on this lipstick, for sure! Every woman should have at least one of these babies in her purse at all times!

1/8/2006 - Okay, I thought I loved everything about this lipstick, but in truth, I have found it way too drying and it disappears, so I'm taking off a lippy for that. The love affair is over! LOL

The new kisskiss lipsticks are extremely luxurious objects of desire!

Easy to apply, the long lasting property of kisskiss provides pure comfort & the pleasure of a melting, voluptuous and mouth watering texture. Comes in 3 effects: sensual pearl, glamourous sparkle or radiant pure cream. Contains vitamins & oils that provide up to 6 hrs of mositure & 5 hrs of long-lasting colour. Packaging wise - "oh mama!" 3 decadent cubes of gold stack on top of one another!
Colourwise - comes in 30 shades from pinks to red, beige to orange browns. I have never seen so many reds from one brand that are almost all winners!! Website describes the colours as "To match perfectly with everything, at every moment, to express all sides of your femininity". Wonder if there is a perfect shade when you realise you have maxed out your cc buying these babes??

Damage: AUD$48. continued >>

on 12/13/2008 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this online at Sephora.com in the limited edition Butterfly collection. I chose the 515 shade.So happy I did! The color is so perfect for days when pink is just not quite dark enough, red is just too far gone, and mauve won't fit in. The feel, texture, moisture, cream amount to me is just the right recipe. Anyone who knows and loves the pleasant light fragrance of a Guerlain lipstick is going to love this one. It is not an over-powering smell, but rather a smell that lets you know you are applying a lavish, quality product from Guerlain. If you can still find this color, buy it, you will be glad you did.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

over rated. i think the packaging is really tacky and so shiney that whenever u touch it, it leaves finger prints all over the cubes. the formula was nice, similar to other lines w/o the high price tag. the two shades i did order were not flattering at all. rose desir left a strange cast, clashing w/ my skin tone and peche frivole was not peachy, more of a coral, turning my pigmented lips orange red... definitely not the look i was going for. i have tried 3 prodcuts from guerlain and i think i'm done. don't believe the hype... it's really not all that.

on 9/29/2005 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

All right, the real reason that women are interested in this lipstick is the packaging. I don't think that I've ever seen such a luxurious and eyecatching case that just begs to be taken out in public and applied with an air of self-satisfaction as this one. The colors themselves are something to behold too with a nice variety of rich reds and sheer colors. The formula seems to vary but most of these aren't moisturizing creams so if you complain of "drying" lispticks, you would do well to pair this with a lip balm or buy a Lancome formula. They seem to ahve so many rich and creamy lipsticks. The price is mighty expensive, not Cle de Peu Beaute expensive (which I shun because of the exhorbitant prices) but one lipstick after taxes cost me $27US. That makes even other pricey brands look almost (but not quite) like a bargain in comparison.

on 10/4/2014 5:54:00 AM

These lipsticks are an A++ for me, I own a lot of lipsticks of various brands and hands down these are the creamiest most luxe lippies in my collection. I also have some Rouge G and Rouge Automatique but these come out tops over those.

On they feel more like a soothing moisturising lip balm, they glide on so smooth and creamy and are very comfortable to wear. Longevity is pretty average wearing of about 3 hours but certainly not a hardship to whip out and reapply.

This review is for Rose Perle a pretty pale icy pink with shimmer and Rose Miami a pretty pale baby pinky peach with a hint of shimmer. Both gorgeous colours and compatible with so many make-up looks.

The only down-fall I can think of about these lipsticks is they wear down very quickly, possibly due to the soft, creamy formula - compared to the Rouge G and Rouge Automatique formulas they deplete faster.

Though I think once you try these lipsticks it would be hard to go back.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I tested and subsequently bought Pink Boop the other day. When I got home after trying the tester, my lips seemed to be burning and very dry. I thought maybe it was the lip plumper I had put on top, but the burning started to migrate into my cheeks. I took off the lipstick and forgot about it. Two days later, I went to my local SDM to pick up some stuff and tested that same Pink Boop lipstick at their counter. Again, I had that burning sensation and while I waited for 3 hours to give it a chance, I finally had to remove the lipstick. I think I may be sensitive to the product, I liked the colour and that it was pigmented enough to completely cover my lip colour, but I found it went on very slippery, almost oily, then turned grainy and my lips started to flake. I guess the bottom line is that it is very drying, thereby possibly irritating. I think I will have to return it. Darn.

on 1/1/2018 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

These lipsticks are works of art, and perform so magnificently. I bought Darling Baby and Red Chilli, and there's something about the texture that is just exquisite. Really buildable, and very lovely smooth texture - not too creamy or sticky - just glides beautifully.

Gorgeous.