GUERLAIN KissKiss (All)

Filtered by age: 44-55
GUERLAIN KissKiss (All)
KissKiss (All)KissKiss (All)KissKiss (All)KissKiss (All)

3.7

on 6/8/2007 2:57:00 PM

It's taken me over a year to decide, but other than the beautiful color selection—and some colors are indeed magnificent— I can not find much to recommend about these lipstcks. I have Sexy Tango, a gorgeous corally red, and Beige Strasse, a too-frosty-for-me peachy copper. The formula is a bit drying though not waxy, and the signature Guerlain violet scent is overbearing and irritating to my throat, and it doesn't dissipate with time. Some eau de parfum I could name should last as long as this lipstick's scent. The much admired, dowager friendly tube feels nice in the hand, but for my taste it's an over-designed clunker. If these were unscented I'd be more forgiving of the somewhat minor flaws, but for the high price there are other lipsticks I feel better about buying.

on 10/2/2005 12:07:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Oh, how I wish I could buy about 10 of these! I had to "settle" for one, as I can't justify spending that much moola! Number 523 Exces de Rouge, a dark raspBERRY red color. Perfect if you're looking for a blue-red color. This is very pigmented to me and leaves a stain on your lips even after you wipe it off. It does have that little candy smell to it, but a small price to pay. Now, let's talk about the packaging! Why ELSE would I pay $26.00 for a lipstick? :) It's a piece of jewelry! It's eye candy to the max! It's girly! It's feminine! It's what you want to whip out and impress all your friends with! It's pure unadulterated glamour and worth every penny! (Secretly, it kind of reminds me of a golden Tootsie Roll!) Guerlain has some of the prettiest packaging of products around and has delivered the goods on this lipstick, for sure! Every woman should have at least one of these babies in her purse at all times!

1/8/2006 - Okay, I thought I loved everything about this lipstick, but in truth, I have found it way too drying and it disappears, so I'm taking off a lippy for that. The love affair is over! LOL

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I tested and subsequently bought Pink Boop the other day. When I got home after trying the tester, my lips seemed to be burning and very dry. I thought maybe it was the lip plumper I had put on top, but the burning started to migrate into my cheeks. I took off the lipstick and forgot about it. Two days later, I went to my local SDM to pick up some stuff and tested that same Pink Boop lipstick at their counter. Again, I had that burning sensation and while I waited for 3 hours to give it a chance, I finally had to remove the lipstick. I think I may be sensitive to the product, I liked the colour and that it was pigmented enough to completely cover my lip colour, but I found it went on very slippery, almost oily, then turned grainy and my lips started to flake. I guess the bottom line is that it is very drying, thereby possibly irritating. I think I will have to return it. Darn.

on 4/6/2009 1:48:00 PM

Absolutely wondrous--I can indulge my inner vamp with really bold lip colors which no longer bleed beyond the edges of my lips! (This aging thing is challenging, sigh) Kiss Kiss moisturizes and smooths as well as making your lipstick stay put, which is the BEST! I do reapply my lipcolor a couple of times a day, but a base remains in place and touch ups are minimal. Love it, truly--and I was getting ready to retire my trademark brights. Thank you, Guerlain!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I know the KissKiss range has been around, however, not of this particular lipstick primer (KissKiss LipLift - Fixateur Lissant Pour Rouge a Levres). Packaging is consistent of course by Guerlain's high-end standards. I initially wanted a lippie with holding power and was shown this nude lippie primer instead by the rep. She showed me how to put it on (AROUND and on the lips themselves) before the actual lippie (Guerlain, le rouge ecrin in Greta, a deep blue red - any bleeding would have noticeable). Well, after 5 hours, it was as if I just put in on.

Having said that, I still don't know whether it was because of the primer itself or that if the lippie itself had good staying power. But I've read the reviews of the very lipstick range in this very site and some have expressed that they wish it had more staying power. So perhaps this primer had something to do with the immense satisfaction I had with it. Will have no hesitation rebuying...have been told by the rep it works with other brands' lippies too.

I have only somewhat mixed feelings about this product. It's high-quality, there's no doubt about that, and well-packaged like some secret jewel you conceal in your handbag. It goes on smoothly, feels soft and is well-pigmented. I have Forever Beige, one of the new spring colors. It has a slightly metallic sheen to it, and therein lies my concern. Usually, metallics dry my lips out after a while, and KissKiss is no exception. About 2 hours after I applied it, my lips started to burn slightly, which is my usual reaction to metallic lipsticks. The color, however, was still hanging in there and had softened a little, but the color and sheen were spot-on. If I choose another KissKiss, it will be to find a creamy formula-there seem to be plenty of them-and see how that goes. I'm mostly quite pleased with this product, with a minor adjustment or two.