Avalon Organics Botanicals Un-Petroleum Tangerine Lip Balm

Not tested on animals

on 12/28/2009 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is probably the best balm I've ever used, and I'm absolutely mad for lip balms. It's very smooth, creamy, not too heavy, not too light: it's JUST RIGHT. I love the tangerine scent, the $3 price tag, and--most of all--I love the fantastic lasting power. I've had my tube for a number of weeks and will happily purchase many more.

on 12/24/2009 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Most people use lip balms; I have to. I have a med condition that causes all my moisture glands to stop functioning. Going without lip balm is actually painful for me as with my skin, I cannot produce any natural moisture barriers. I think I am then uniquely qualified to review lip balms. Friends, family, all buy me lip balms hoping I'll find one that really helps, and knowing I literally go through at least half a stick of balm a week, sometimes more.

I buy all the new ones myself but bought this because I love Alba's Un-Petroleum and use it as an eye cream, and all over my face. I cannot use petroleum based products on my facial skin, and am now trying to find lip products without that either, also natural since we ingest whatever we put on our lips. I love this lip balm!!! That's saying quite a lot since I have yet to repurchase any, till now with this.
Here's why, this lip balm provides a soothing, almost "cushy" layer of moisture to your lips. It's almost waxy in that it's thicker than any other balm I've tried, however, not at all waxy (i.e Burt's Bees Honey lip balm). The thickness means it lasts and lasts. When it does wear off, amazingly I don't need to race to apply more, I can go longer without applying more(for me thats still at most mere minutes) which tells me it is actually moisturizing when its on. Its very smooth in texture, and feels almost luxurious on because it is so soothing.

I also love the slight tangerine scent and taste. Very natural, not at all cloying or candy like. It has a good spf of 18 as well. I have also tried the vanilla and while I like it, this is better scent/taste wise imo. I just ordered the cherry as I used to enjoy cherry Chapstick, however, the flavoring or possibly dye, began to irritate me and burn my very reactive/sensitive, lips. In the past year alone I have owned well over 50 different lip balms/lip treatment, and again, this is the only one I've re-purchased.

on 8/10/2005 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I picked up this product about a year ago on a whim at the GNC checkout and I keep buying it. I got the tangerine and the grape. I'm more of a fan of the Tangerine. This is a top-notch lip balm that I won't be without. I've even sent it to my daughter who lives out of state along with other gifts. It tastes great and moisturizes beyond belief for hours. It doesn't keep drying out like other products - I just hope it's never discontinued. I think the Avalon products are terrific!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hands down the best lip balm ever!

Zero waxiness, smells and tastes great, moisturizes well, and has sunscreen!!

At $2.49 each, they're a steal. I hope they NEVER get discontinued!

Top Rated Lip Treatments