Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
Soy Face Cleanser

3.7

Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Flower Water, Coco Glucoside, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Xanthan Gum, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Germ Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Rose Flower Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Aloe Ferox Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Peg-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Methylparaben, Sodium Propylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Peg-35 Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, BHA, BHT.

on 2/27/2017 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I got this cleanser and the rose mask as a B'day Gift perk from Sephora. Initially this cleanser worked so well for me and then after a week my skin started freaking out. Gross mess :( I have normal skin prone to occasional breakouts with redness in my lower cheek :( I am staying away from this and in the process saved myself some $$$$

on 2/15/2017 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

If you're looking to splurge on a face wash and have sensitive skin/eyes, this might be a good option for you. Otherwise, there are similar face washes out there for cheaper.

This face wash is pleasant to use- it has a light gel consistency that foams up without being too bubbly. My face feels clean after using this without being overly stripped. It also does a pretty good job at removing makeup, even when I have a full face on. The scent is a light, fresh cucumber that I don't find to be overwhelming, and I don't typically like scented face washes.

I noticed my skin had a nice, even tone when I used this face wash and my breakouts were relatively low compared to when I use other, cheaper cleansers. I really appreciate that it doesn't have SLS, which makes me break out on my chin/temples. I also notice that my skin feels a lot more "stripped" with washes that contain SLS. While it has a cucumber scent, it doesn't have any added fragrance, which I also appreciate. I tend to get redness whenever I wash my face/apply products to it, but I notice a reduction in the redness after using this face wash.

Some other face washes that I like but are significantly cheaper (even at Sephora) are Philosophy Purity and First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser. Both are SLS free and fragrance free and neither leave my skin with that "stripped" feeling. However, if you have extremely sensitive skin the fresh Soy Face Cleanser is by far the most gentle.

My favorite cleanser at the moment and I'm not sure if I'm going to change to any other cleanser other than this. A friend recommended this to me, saying that it is very suitable for his sensitive skin and it does not sting his eyes. Then another friend added saying that it also removes her make up as well. I am intrigued and bought the small size first to try. I went back to Sephora the next day to buy the 150ml size and have been using Fresh Soy Cleanser ever since. Although I would still use makeup remover to remove my waterproof makeup and foundation, on lighter days where I just use tinted moisturizer, sunblock and eyeliner, I don't use make up remover and just directly use this cleanser. It cleanses my skin thoroughly and it does not dry out my skin.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I love this cleanser . It cleans my skin very well without over drying . Love the cucumber scent as well .

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Received from Sephora for my birthday. I'm not a big cleanser person, but I do like this one. It's gentle, foaming and leaves my face feeling super soft. My only problem with it is it's kind of difficult to rinse it all off your face--it likes to hang out in your eyebrows and on your forehead. Wouldn't purchase on my own just because it's expensive and I'm not into cleansers.

on 12/16/2016 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've editted my original review because I feel it's important to emphasize to other cosmetic customers how severely & unjustifiably expensive this product and ALL Fresh products are in comparison to what's in them & their broken promises since they just cannot deliver. Based on the ingredients list, this product should be in the MAYBE $15 range since it's a fancy brand at Sephora, but in the real world it would be the price of Cetaphil.

I mean, c'mon--soybean oil & other oils that are in absolutely no shortage and cheap, and the secondary ingredient--coco glucoside--is nothing but a chemical formulation made with glucose (sugar) & coconut oil. It's just a stupid thing to buy unless you have money to throw away, literally, and really don't give a [bleep] whether you get anything for your investment.

The thing is, ALL Fresh products are made of honestly cheap ingredients, and buying any anti-aging potion in jar is just stupid (antioxidants meet oxygen and poof! nothing but a waste). This company really should be boycotted on the basis of their prices for what you get. You get significant results for your money using the Olay line, which is excellent (esp Total Effects 7 lotion, sensitive or not as there's not much difference). They at least protect antioxidants in opaque containers with pumps. At these prices, why isn't Fresh actually producing QUALITY products instead of just feel & smell good things? They're laughing all the way to the bank with their line, and I stand by that.

I love this cleanser, and if it weren't ridiculously overpriced, I'd buy extra tubes just to make sure I never accidentally ran out. It removes all makeup with a gentleness I've never seen in a product, but it takes a notable amount to do that. Luckily, Yes to Cucumbers gentle milk cleanser is a pleasant dupe, although I could do without the scent (mild, but still can get lodged in my nose if I inhale at the wrong time). Should I stumble upon the odorless Fresh with a very appealing promotion or just samples, which are aplenty due to the price, I might invest in it.

There are always gonna be the few who shout, "this is the only thing that worked!" Well, that can't statistically be true & there's nothing unique or special in this cleanser. It takes six weeks for skin to turn over, so you should never expect to know for certain until the two month mark save for immediate reactions or becoming sensitized, which is often due to added fragrance. Make no mistake, this is no HG product. This is one to enjoy when you get a small tube after you by something at Sephora, and sadly, nothing more.

on 12/14/2016 2:35:00 PM

I'm on my second bottle of this stuff and I LOVE it! I originally got it as a sample, then bought the small tube of it. Being put off by the price, when I ran out I then tried a few other cheaper options- in the end I caved and got the big tube. Nothing else I've used so far compares to this!

I have a problem with redness on my face- this really soothes my skin and makes it feel incredibly clean while still feeling soft and not dried out. It smells pretty strongly of cucumbers, which I don't like or dislike, but may be a problem for those who are sensitive or put off by scents.

In my opinion, even if the price is a bit steep, it's worth it. My skin has improved markedly with repeated use, it's gentle, and it takes makeup off like a dream.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First the positives, I do like the texture of this cleanser. It's light and gently foaming. (I do love a foam when it's non-drying, as this is.) I also enjoy the delicate cucumber-esque scent. With that said, this cleanser is...kind of pointless. It just doesn't seem to do much. It's OK in the morning, when your face is already basically clean, but I wouldn't use it to clean my face at night, not even if I'd already removed my makeup. Apart from the fact that it foams slightly, it reminds me of classic Cetaphil--another cleanser I never understood. At least this one doesn't break me out.

I used up my sample, but I wouldn't buy a tube. Not only is it a mediocre product, but it's expensive for what it is. Call me cheap, but I just don't see the point in spending close to $40 on something I wash down the drain--especially when there are superior cleansers to be had for less than a third of the price (see, e.g., my holy grail, Cerave's Foaming Facial Cleanser--I did say I love a foam).

on 11/26/2016 7:13:00 PM

This is a smack on average cleanser, its a nice formula, non-drying and low fragrance. I would rate it on par with Cerave cleanser, Its nothing special though and i used it on vacation since I don't care that much what I use when I'm out and about. I only used 2 layers of sunscreen and this required 2 washes to get it all off, no biggie. Its pleasant to use and easy wash off. I would not repurchase since its cleaning power could be greater and there could be some more treatment ingredients in there. I would not recommend this for the price but if you want to splurge, this is something no-one will dislike.

on 11/5/2016 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

it's okay. doesn't remove all the oil from my face or give me a super clean feeling.