Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
Soy Face Cleanser

3.7

Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Flower Water, Coco Glucoside, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Xanthan Gum, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Germ Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Rose Flower Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Aloe Ferox Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Peg-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Methylparaben, Sodium Propylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Peg-35 Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, BHA, BHT.

on 8/7/2017 7:15:00 PM

I really like this cleanser. I bought it for it's PH level (which I wanted for pre Vit C application). And I was pleasantly surprised. I hadn't read any reviews prior to purchasing and am glad I didn't because many speak of it drying them out and that is definitely not something I want with my older, mature, leans to dry skin. But it doesn't do that to me at all thankfully. It leaves my skin quite soft and I don't feel tight or dry at all. I use it on its own or as a second step to an oil cleanse if I have been wearing makeup or sunscreen. I used this exclusively for about 5 months with no complaints. I have repurchased it. And I just got quite a few Sephora point perks of it; great for travel etc. I seem to have taken a liking to facial cleansers and have been buying quite a few lately. When I haven't used this for a few days (trying others) and then use this I always feel "oh, this is why I like this". It also smells nice (to me) but if you don't like cucumbers...pass. It is a gel like texture, you don't need much, a small squeeze will do. Its not a foaming cleanser (which I didn't want), it just seems to "suds" enough to get the job done. Non irritating to my eyes is also good! I know some folks find it costly, and I certainly don't disagree, but for me, it seems to be in line pricewise with many others I am buying/trying and as it does what I want it to without irritation or drying my skin, I am happy to pay the price and find a tube lasts a long time as well. Its a good, basic cleanser with the right ph for me.

For those who scrutinize ingredients: Which I don't do :) But I know some care about the contents! This is a long list!!
AQUA (WATER), COCO-GLUCOSIDE, GLYCERIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-7 GLYCERYL COCOATE, XANTHAN GUM, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, BORAGO OFFICINALIS SEED OIL, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT, ROSA DAMASCENA FLOWER WATER, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, CENTAUREA CYANUS FLOWER EXTRACT, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) STEROLS, ROSA DAMASCENA FLOWER OIL, PANAX GINSENG ROOT EXTRACT, MALVA SYLVESTRIS (MALLOW) EXTRACT, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PEG-120 METHYL GLUCOSE DIOLEATE, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, POLYSORBATE 20, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, BENZOIC ACID, DISODIUM EDTA, CITRIC ACID, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, LECITHIN, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, CARAMEL, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, PHENOXYETHANOL

I was surprised that I liked this. My friends who have tried this all thought this was a horrible cleanser. It smells like cucumbers and cleans your face with the gentlest of touches. I picked this up from the Sephora Rewards bazaar for my summer vacation, and I think I might go back and get a full sized tube. I'm a 2x face washer though, I start with a micellar water to wipe off all the oil, dirt and makeup off my face and follow with a gentle cleanser to wash off anything I might have missed with the first application. So if you need something stronger to do your entire face in one shot, this is definitely not the cleanser for you.

on 6/18/2017 12:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't know why, but when I wash my face with this it stings. I don't like that at all. Second this makes my face really dry. I will end up with peeling on my chin if I use this more than once.

on 6/13/2017 11:43:00 PM

Love it!! Takes all my make up off and didn't dry my skin out. I will not buy this because it is so expensive/over priced. I'm on my second free sample from Sephora which will last me a week or more.

on 6/13/2017 3:59:00 PM

Tried it as free sample from sephora...used it only 1 time and left my skin very dry. Seems not very gentle to me...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Would I repurchase this? Maybe, but the price is exorbitant for what it is. Fresh products, in my mind, are generally overpriced for the quality. That said, I first received this cleanser as a deluxe sample and really liked it. It's gentle, leaves no residue, takes off all my makeup, and smells ok. I have since purchased the 1.6 fl. oz. size. I just think there are cheaper product out there that have comparable results.

on 5/11/2017 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Received a generous sample of this in a gift kit and I was not impressed. It didn't feel like my skin was clean and there was nothing noteworthy about it for me. I think it caused a few breakouts as well. Had high expectations since this is a popular brand but nah.

on 4/5/2017 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Gentle, effective, efficient. But it's also rather non-conventional. If you like an invigorating cleanse, this is not for you. It barely lathers. It feels like some sort of liquid jelly. It easily covers a lot of surface area, but it won't break down into bubbles in the same way most cleansers will do because of the surficants Fresh used in this product. If you have tough, oily skin, you may not feel like this "does" much for you. I would recommend following up with some sort of toner or essence that's oil controlling, if that's the case, but that all depends on how simple you'd like your routine to be.

Despite the lack of foam and bubbles, I find that it works quite well. It manages to dissolve the makeup residue my oil cleanser leaves behind (I always double cleanse and I usually use either a konjac sponge or a Clarisonic). Despite working so well, it doesn't make my skin feel dry or pulled. It doesn't irritate me. I can use it around my eyes without it stinging (big bonus since I wear eye makeup quite often). Plus, it has a low pH (around 5.5), which means it won't disrupt the acid mantle of your skin and a toner isn't necessary (unless you feel like it).

A little bit on the pricey side, but for my reactive, choosy skin, it's worth it. But if you don't have the budget and your skin isn't too picky, this might not be worth it for you. There are cheaper cleansers that are both gentle and have low pH.

on 3/23/2017 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've used a couple of large Sephora gift samples of this.

Bottom line: not worth the price and too drying for my (admittedly dry) skin.

It's an elegant formula and removes all makeup well; however, I find it leaves skin too tight and dry following use. I will continue to use it as a travel cleanser if need be, because overall it's not that bad, and far superior to wipes, but I would not purchase a full size of it.

Also, although there is research to suggest that soy can be beneficial for skin, I never look for special ingredients in a cleanser since they are just washed down the drain.

on 3/23/2017 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I had really high hopes for this product as it was recommended for my sensitive combination skin in Sephora. However, it didn't fully clean my t zone of sebum and left the rest of my face feeling uncomfortably tight and itchy. Did nothing to calm my redness as well. :(

Still gave this cleanser two lippies though as it made my face slightly softer and smoother.