Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
Soy Face Cleanser

3.7

Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Flower Water, Coco Glucoside, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Xanthan Gum, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Germ Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Rose Flower Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Aloe Ferox Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Peg-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Methylparaben, Sodium Propylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Peg-35 Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, BHA, BHT.

on 6/18/2017 12:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't know why, but when I wash my face with this it stings. I don't like that at all. Second this makes my face really dry. I will end up with peeling on my chin if I use this more than once.

on 6/13/2017 11:43:00 PM

Love it!! Takes all my make up off and didn't dry my skin out. I will not buy this because it is so expensive/over priced. I'm on my second free sample from Sephora which will last me a week or more.

on 6/13/2017 3:59:00 PM

Tried it as free sample from sephora...used it only 1 time and left my skin very dry. Seems not very gentle to me...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Would I repurchase this? Maybe, but the price is exorbitant for what it is. Fresh products, in my mind, are generally overpriced for the quality. That said, I first received this cleanser as a deluxe sample and really liked it. It's gentle, leaves no residue, takes off all my makeup, and smells ok. I have since purchased the 1.6 fl. oz. size. I just think there are cheaper product out there that have comparable results.

on 5/11/2017 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Received a generous sample of this in a gift kit and I was not impressed. It didn't feel like my skin was clean and there was nothing noteworthy about it for me. I think it caused a few breakouts as well. Had high expectations since this is a popular brand but nah.

on 4/5/2017 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Gentle, effective, efficient. But it's also rather non-conventional. If you like an invigorating cleanse, this is not for you. It barely lathers. It feels like some sort of liquid jelly. It easily covers a lot of surface area, but it won't break down into bubbles in the same way most cleansers will do because of the surficants Fresh used in this product. If you have tough, oily skin, you may not feel like this "does" much for you. I would recommend following up with some sort of toner or essence that's oil controlling, if that's the case, but that all depends on how simple you'd like your routine to be.

Despite the lack of foam and bubbles, I find that it works quite well. It manages to dissolve the makeup residue my oil cleanser leaves behind (I always double cleanse and I usually use either a konjac sponge or a Clarisonic). Despite working so well, it doesn't make my skin feel dry or pulled. It doesn't irritate me. I can use it around my eyes without it stinging (big bonus since I wear eye makeup quite often). Plus, it has a low pH (around 5.5), which means it won't disrupt the acid mantle of your skin and a toner isn't necessary (unless you feel like it).

A little bit on the pricey side, but for my reactive, choosy skin, it's worth it. But if you don't have the budget and your skin isn't too picky, this might not be worth it for you. There are cheaper cleansers that are both gentle and have low pH.

on 3/23/2017 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've used a couple of large Sephora gift samples of this.

Bottom line: not worth the price and too drying for my (admittedly dry) skin.

It's an elegant formula and removes all makeup well; however, I find it leaves skin too tight and dry following use. I will continue to use it as a travel cleanser if need be, because overall it's not that bad, and far superior to wipes, but I would not purchase a full size of it.

Also, although there is research to suggest that soy can be beneficial for skin, I never look for special ingredients in a cleanser since they are just washed down the drain.

on 3/23/2017 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I had really high hopes for this product as it was recommended for my sensitive combination skin in Sephora. However, it didn't fully clean my t zone of sebum and left the rest of my face feeling uncomfortably tight and itchy. Did nothing to calm my redness as well. :(

Still gave this cleanser two lippies though as it made my face slightly softer and smoother.

on 2/27/2017 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I got this cleanser and the rose mask as a B'day Gift perk from Sephora. Initially this cleanser worked so well for me and then after a week my skin started freaking out. Gross mess :( I have normal skin prone to occasional breakouts with redness in my lower cheek :( I am staying away from this and in the process saved myself some $$$$

on 2/15/2017 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

If you're looking to splurge on a face wash and have sensitive skin/eyes, this might be a good option for you. Otherwise, there are similar face washes out there for cheaper.

This face wash is pleasant to use- it has a light gel consistency that foams up without being too bubbly. My face feels clean after using this without being overly stripped. It also does a pretty good job at removing makeup, even when I have a full face on. The scent is a light, fresh cucumber that I don't find to be overwhelming, and I don't typically like scented face washes.

I noticed my skin had a nice, even tone when I used this face wash and my breakouts were relatively low compared to when I use other, cheaper cleansers. I really appreciate that it doesn't have SLS, which makes me break out on my chin/temples. I also notice that my skin feels a lot more "stripped" with washes that contain SLS. While it has a cucumber scent, it doesn't have any added fragrance, which I also appreciate. I tend to get redness whenever I wash my face/apply products to it, but I notice a reduction in the redness after using this face wash.

Some other face washes that I like but are significantly cheaper (even at Sephora) are Philosophy Purity and First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser. Both are SLS free and fragrance free and neither leave my skin with that "stripped" feeling. However, if you have extremely sensitive skin the fresh Soy Face Cleanser is by far the most gentle.