Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
Soy Face Cleanser

3.7

Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Flower Water, Coco Glucoside, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Xanthan Gum, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Germ Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Rose Flower Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Aloe Ferox Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Peg-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Methylparaben, Sodium Propylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Peg-35 Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, BHA, BHT.

on 2/18/2018 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is pretty much HG for me...I use it in the morning and as a second cleanse up at night...I love the scent,the texture on my skin, and how my face feels perfectly balanced, clean and glowing! I love traveling with the smaller size, too.

It is pricey, but I cannot imagine being without this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've tried this cleanser multiple times over the last 5 or so years, and while I really enjoy the scent and the way it feels WHILE cleansing, this stuff definitely dries me out over time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This cleanser did much damage to my skin - beware! I do have sensitive skin prone to breakouts, but rarely react to a cleanser after one use. It caused my cheeks to become so dry that the skin was flaking right off of them (i have not had this issue before at all, so it really worried me) and left my t-zone with patches of dry skin and flakies, and I started getting sore red bumps all over my cheeks after a couple of days (I never break out on my cheeks). The scent is another story altogether: atrocious. It smells too much and quite awfully, like some sort of soured milk-derived drink. The texture is nice however, as it is a light and slightly bouncy gel.

I didn’t realize it was his cleanser wrecking havoc on my skin until a few days into using it. Once I stopped and gave my skin a week, it was much better again. I am surprised to be giving this product a big thumbs down, but that is what it warrants in my opinion.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Sorry to be an outlier but I hated this cleanser. And I’m saying that after only one use, which is all I needed to know that I would never use it again. Thankfully I only had a sample packet from a Sephora order so I won’t have to ever smell this cleanser again. I started to massage this into my skin and couldn’t figure out why it had such an scent, couldn’t put my finger on what it was and then I realized it smells like cucumbers. But cucumbers that have started to spoil. Yuck. I suppose if I had read about it before hand I never would have used it because cucumber is noted in the list of ingredients, duh! Aside from that, it is a typical gel cleanser that foams up and I guess does what it is supposed to do but I prefer unscented products in my skin care so will not be using again, nor will I purchase and I can’t recommend. So many fantastic, unscented gentle but effective cleansers out there, this just isn’t one of them (in my opinion).

I love this cleanser a lot. It leaves my face nice and soft - not stripped and tight - after cleansing. I know some people hate the smell of this but personally, I think it smells fresh and earthy, the perfect scent to wake yourself up in the morning. Unfortunately, this doesn't effectively remove all traces of my tubing mascara, so I always use the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm beforehand. I really enjoy the consistency of this cleanser - it is a pleasantly smooth, thin gel that can become creamy when rubbed on the face (if you don't combine it with a ton of water). When it's time to cleanse, I use a quarter sized dollop for my whole face (I don't wear a full face of makeup, mostly highlighter, mascara and I fill in my eyebrows). I started using my 5 oz tube a little over a month ago, and I wash my face about 8 times a week. I'm pleasantly surprised to say I still have a lot of product left in the tube. I love this so much I even bought the smaller size to use when I travel.

Overall, this works so well for my combination, dehydrated skin. I will keep on repurchasing this unless I find something a lot better and cheaper. I do wish the price for this was a little lower though (dropping down to $30 CAD would be so awesome). For now, I am planning to test out the Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser to see if I can switch to using that and save some money.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this cleanser! I took one lippie off for the price because it's too expensive. I would buy it again based on performance, but not based on price (I will look for something that is hopefully just as good but cheaper). It is a gel, but more on the thin side. The packaging works marvelous for this product. It has a very nice and mild smell, sort of 'clean' and maybe even slightly powder-y even though I normally hate powdery smells. You really don't need much at all to clean your whole face, which is nice since it is expensive. It cleans well and never makes my skin feel dry or stripped. I put the product on my dry face and wash it off with a warm washcloth. Unlike many other cleansers I have tried this one works well when applied dry, it doesn't require any water to help it froth or foam up and it moves nicely, not too thick. I definitely understand why this is a well loved product by this brand but just wish it were cheaper.

on 12/20/2017 1:41:00 PM

I tried this cleanser in a sample packet I got from Sephora & I didn't care for it! It was runny in texture & I really did not like the smell of this! It has this very strange odd odor of cucumbers & roses 🌹! It cleaned ok but I just couldn't stand the smell, luckily it didn't linger around the smell !
& omg the price is so expensive for this cleanser! I would say go buy Clinique instead!

on 12/20/2017 12:57:00 AM

I hate to admit that I like this cleanser a lot. I resisted buying it for ages, only having used sample sizes, but finally caved during the VIB sale this year and I got it in a Fresh set.

The texture is similar to my trusty Cetaphil - quite runny in consistency - but way more luxe and therapeutic to use. It reminds me of being at the spa (it smells like Skoah products!) and is just such a nice experience overall. I know that's not the point of a cleanser but it's definitely a treat after a long day. It also works well with my Foreo Luna mini.

It doesn't strip my skin, it just feels balanced and clean afterwards. It doesn't take off makeup, but I always double cleanse so its not an issue.

The only thing I can't get over is the exorbitant price, because the fact that it's $47+ tax for 150ml and I can get a 1L bottle of Cetaphil from costco for a fraction of the price is hard to swallow, especially considering they have similar textures and work more or less the same for me. I purchased the small 50ml to use on the go, but I don't see myself buying this regularly. Even though it's a nice product, it'll have to remain an occasional treat.

on 12/2/2017 11:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Gentle cleanser that works well for me in the morning. Would not use this as my night cleanser as I don’t find it removes makeup well enough for me. Issues were that I absolutely hated the scent and that it’s quite expensive for something that is just a standard gentle face cleanser. I prefer Olay to this. Would not repurchase.

on 11/11/2017 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This cleanser is very expensive, but a little goes a long way. Because the cleanser is mostly meant to be a makeup remover, it doesn't get deep in you pores so I like to follow up with an exfoliater. The product smells like cucumber, a smell I'm not crazy about but can tolerate. It doesn't sud or foam up when yo rub your skin like soap normally would. What's really nice about this product is you can rub it on your eyes and not feel a burning sensation, it's supposed to take off eye makeup as well as cleanse. The cleanser does an excellent job at it too. Lastly it's important to put on moisturizer after using the cleanser because if not, your face might feel a little dry.