Chanel Allure Sensuelle

ANOTHER JACQUES POLGE MASTERPIECE!!!

Gorgeous floriental! Two thumbs up! WAY UP!!

I just acquired this fragrance and have only worn it once thus far, but it is absolutely swoon-worthy! Only the original Coco EdP and a couple of the Les Exclusifs EdT's can compete with Sensuelle EdP. I recently purchased Coco Noir, too, but this is so much more impressive than either Coco Noir or Coco Mademoiselle. Sensuelle is refined, elegant, and well, so very sensual!!

As one would expect, the top notes are delicious---very fresh, juicy orange, peach, and bergamot as well as a strong, clean, sparkling patchouli note predominate. Gorgeous Turkish and Bulgarian roses bloom in the heart alongside an elegant jasmine and a cool, sophisticated iris. If there is fruit here, it is fresh, juicy, ripe fruit, NOT candied fruit. Any sweetness is a very natural sweetness, not a candied, sugary sweetness. The heart almost approaches a gourmand at moments, but it never quite reaches gourmand status. It firmly remains a gorgeous floral Oriental throughout.

A clean, green, absolutely stunning vetiver accentuates the base along with a light, sparkling, clean patchouli and a bit of both sandalwood and vanilla. (This is how vetiver should be done, baby!) Lingering alongside these notes is the most heavenly incense note I have ever smelt in my life!! It is amazingly fresh throughout into the base notes despite that these notes are generally thought to be "heavy." By the deep dry down, I detect the most elegant vanilla note; it is almost borderline fresh from the hive honey. The development of Allure Sensuelle is simply stunningly beautiful. Sensuelle is a complex perfume in the grand style of perfumery.

I highly recommend this fragrance to lovers of both Orientals/Florientals, and fresh, green scents because it does have a wonderfully fresh, delicious vetiver and sparkling patchouli that smells much more like "CHANEL" than Sycomore which smells more like a Lutens's fragrance. It smells very expensive. Sensuelle is firmly one of my all time favourite Chanels now.

Sensuelle is without a doubt a Jacques Polge masterpiece and unmistakably a CHANEL at its finest. This is perfume as Fine Art! It is sophisticated, clean yet sensual indeed, and it will undoubtedly get you noticed by both men and women. It is breathtaking and unforgettable. It is completely signature worthy, and it is aptly named "Sensuelle." So happy I ordered this one!! I am already considering ordering a back up bottle as well as the extrait!! : )

Fragrance: 10/10

Projection: 9/10

Sillage: 9/10

Longevity: 9/10

Another Chanel that smells appalling on me.

Occasionally I will ask a woman what perfume she is wearing because she smells so good. Twice I've approached women who told me they were wearing Allure Sensuelle.

I've tried it twice - once in EDP concentration and once in EDT. They both smell the same on me, and it ain't pretty. As with Coco and Coco Mademoiselle, Allure Sensuelle basically smells like a combination of old stale potpourri, and insect repellant. All I can smell is sandalwood, spices and citrus. Truly vile.

The moral of this review is body chemistry rules supreme. Don't ever purchase a perfume for someone as a gift unless you know it's a perfume they already wear and love. Don't assume that because it smells good, or even great on someone else, that it will smell good on you. Test, test and then test again before purchasing.

I have given it three out of five only because of how magnificent it smells on some people. If I was rating it based on how it smelt on me it would be a one.

This is a spicy oriental that grabs attention , has great sillage and lasting power and is worth the high price. It is expensive , but it smells expensive and SOPHISTICATED . I get a blast of vanilla, some floral notes and also patchouli . I am frequently asked the name of my scent on days I wear this fragrance . It is suitable for women of all ages who want to smell feminine , sophisticated and not trend followers. I find men are drawn to it .

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

elegant... exclusive... & sexy !!! love it so much!!!

This is a beautiful fragrance--sweet and sexy, and a bit no-nonsense, with that dominant patchouli making itself known.

This opens with a bright burst of bergamot and pink pepper on me. I don't normally enjoy pink pepper, but the bergamot is bright and fresh and citrusy, so the pepper takes a backseat. Underscoring the top notes right away is the candied fruit accord. It is sweet and fun, and a tad soapy (to be honest), but I don't mind it. I *can* see how this could be cloying if too much is sprayed though, this is definitely a scent that requires a lighter hand.

The drydown just gets better---a creamy, powdery, spicy blend of patchouli, vetiver, amber, rose, and spices that is both sexy and comfortable. This is Coco Chanel in jeans and a T shirt, wearing her best pearls. The girl-next-door that will totally rock your world. Classy, sexy, and intriguing. So very glad I managed to hunt down a bottle of this!
Sillage is moderate, longevity on me (the scent eater) is 8.5 hours before it's a very close-to-the-skin scent.
(crosspost)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I was torn between buying this or Coco Noir but I'm so pleased I choose this. I've had Allure before which I like but this has an extra edge. Its definitely Sensuelle, I feel great when wearing this and can't stop smelling myself.
It has great sillage & longevity on me, I find if I spray sparingly and wait for the dry down its a great perfume to wear and I always receive compliments.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I got this perfume from my mom after it didn't work on her. I tried it several times and it smelled....off. It never smelled "right" on me so I gave it to my friend to see if she'd like it after warning her that it didn't work on me. A few days later we met up & she smelled so darn good I asked her what she was wearing. Imagine my disbelief when she told me it was the Chanel I gave her! She smelled really good, she said she got tons of compliments on it & she adored it! That's why I'm giving this 4 stars. I'm taking out 1 star because it didn't work on me & I'm still a little bitter ��

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

It has a similarity to my current favourite perfume Pomegrante Noir, in the sense that its a bold and confident fragrance, but it won't be as polarizing as Pomegrante Noir.

Sexy, feminine and heady scent, perhaps more suited to evening than day time

I've said it before but as a guy, women's fragrances are somewhat untouched territory. I don't like wearing overly florally, or overly sweet fragrances, nor do I respond well to the extreme musk or aldehydic fragrances like Lanvin Arpege. That being said, I really enjoy this fragrance. It reminded me of my absolute favourite women's fragrance, YSL Belle D'Opium, but was more woody and aromatic as opposed to floral like the YSL (something that I cannot wear). It seems to balance its spicy and woodiness against a nice amount of floral and balmy notes. It has a wonderful base of vanilla and sandalwood (woody), mid notes of pink pepper and iris (spicy), with beautiful top notes of patchouli and bergamot (floral). It lasts ages on the skin and imparts a really nice scent, one that isn't too intense but grows as the day goes on. On my skin it turns more woody and spicy which I love, and its part of the reason why I can wear this fragrance as a guy. It never feels like i'm wearing a womens fragrance, nor do I care, but sometimes you can tell when a guy is wearing Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb or Thierry Mugler's Angel, but with this fragrance you can't. It seems like all Chanel fragrances tend to suit me, both male and female ones, and in a lot of ways the way they are curated almost blurs the line between what is typically a "mens" or a "womens" fragrance. A great fragrance, and one that I will continue to wear.

This perfume is definitely a head turner. Friends laugh about the impact of this perfume Especially amongst males. It's a very stong and sexy fragrance not really for the daytime - I'm a chanel chance girl in the day

Popular Fragrances