no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

MAJOR bummer--the whole Trucco line has been discontinued. I am so sad, because the few Trucco products I've used have been among the best I've found. So, if you can find any Charmed lipstick, consider purchasing it, as it soon will be gone forever. This lipstick is a matte, opaque, highly pigmented wine color. Don't be scared. Since it's a deep color, I usually powder my lips before applying to create a stable palate. I recommend using a lipstick brush and maybe even a lip liner if you have a compatible one. I don't, but the product formulation is such that if you powder them in advance, it's not going to move for quite some time. All can say is that when I wear this lipstick, I a.) feel ready to handle anything and b.) get lots of smiles, looks and generally positive reactions from men. Since many of us are so into the natural look, I think it's rare to see a strong red lip. This is unfortunate, because they say "I love myself" and "I am competent" in my opinion. I like the matte look you get when wearing this color without gloss, but if you like a shimmery look, you can always add gloss. If I feel like a more subtle look, I've applied this over lip balm, and it looks quite natural. All in all, a fabulous product. My only caveat would be that when you apply a deep color like this, you have to apply it precisely. There's nothing cheesier than smeary red lips. Ugh. I was dismayed to see that Trucco had gone out of business, because they made wonderful products. Their skintones foundation was the best 've found, hands-down. I've seen tubes of that on Ebay recently for more than $100, so that says something. I believe the line was manufactured by the Sebastian hair products company. Trucco was always hard to find; I'm sure the lack of availability hurt them, especially in this stinky economy. Fortunately, leftovers are still out there on Ebay, Amazon and so forth. I suppose some are expired, but that doesn't bother me except for mascara. I almost hate to recommend this product because I want some to be available when my current lipstick runs out. I'd better stock up before the rest of you snap it up!

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

10 years ago

My favourite lipstick! The berry colour is perfect for me (I have very fair skin with neutral, slightly cold undertones),and I love how different application methods can create very different results: 1. Pressing it on in a thin layer, then rubbing lips together looks very natural and pretty 2. Pressing it on, rubbing lips together and adding a lip balm (I use Rosebud in the minted version) looks slightly more "done", but lasts longer than a lipgloss (feels less sticky, too ;) 3. Painting it on with a brush makes the colour much darker and more intense, almost like a purple/raspberry shade. Lasts FOREVER. I wore it for six hours, which included a dance performance and lots of water breaks, and it didn't come off at all. The only bad thing about it is that it's discontinued, but you can still find it on eBay. I bought two, just to make sure I wouldn't run out in a while, but one lipstick lasts a very long time (because it stays on for so long you don't have to reapply it very often, thus using less product). It also feels good on your lips, neither sticky nor dry. My favourite lipstick, definitely!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Kinky, Fine

10 years ago

When I saw that a lot of stores were discontinuing Trucco products, I bought up more tubes of this shade. Trucco lipsticks have long been my favorite, as they are highly pigmented, creamy, longlasting and just feel so luxurious on the lips. I hope they are not gone forever :( Charmed is a beautiful, versatile, year round plummy neutral shade, truly lovely with just about any skin tone. Only caution: I have found that this brand of lipsticks melt easier/faster than others. When I have ordered them through the mail from ebay they arrived melted and/or smelling badly as if they had expired (didn't have this experience buying them in store).

About reviewer (85 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

13 years ago

This is a dark neutral berry color that caught my eye. Plus it's matte! It's a bit severe for day, so I reserve it for evening looks.

About reviewer (3509 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Olive, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

from

15 years ago

I love Trucco lipsticks and this colour is another winner.A lovely dark shade.It is a berry colour.Very good staying power.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

Age19-24