Tarte Cosmetics Lights Camera Lashes

Tarte Cosmetics Lights Camera Lashes
Lights Camera LashesLights Camera LashesLights Camera LashesLights Camera LashesLights Camera Lashes

3.8

Ingredients: Aqua, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated stearyl olive esters, stearic acid, cera carnauba, triethanolamine, alcohol, candelilla cera, acacia senegal gum, panthenol, VP/VA copolymer, polyvinyl alcohol, aminomethylpropanediol, chlorphenesin, iron oxides (CI 77499).

on 12/7/2018 8:31:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is one of my favorite mascaras of all time. I'm not crazy about the packaging, but I can look past that. I love the spoolie as I'm not a fan of plastic ones. It does a nice job of lengthening with some volume. This is the mascara I tend to use less for everyday looks and more for special occasions, but one coat can look fairly natural. I try to purchase when it's on sale - Ulta has had it for $10 and I've also seen it for$11. Can be a little clumpy at first and not a mascara where I can do a "quick swipe" and have it look good. I have to work a bit with this one, but I find that it's worth it.

on 12/6/2018 8:59:00 AM

Bought this yesterday. Never again, dries way to easily.

on 12/5/2018 11:54:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

[REVIEW FOR NON-WATERPROOF TYPE]

This is SUCH a staple product for me!
I have already re-purchased about three times as I use this everyday (I literally can't leave the house without mascara on lol), and it is my all-time favourite mascara that I've tried so far.

The wand gives me both length and volume, and doesn't have excessive clumping like most mascaras.

It has never ever smudged or flaked on me, and I wear it all-day at school in hot summer weather. Sometimes in the wintertime it'll even start raining and I'll get my face fairly wet and it still doesn't budge, even though I don't even use the waterproof type!

The golden, leather-style packaging is so gorgeous and gives a real luxurious feel, which is another plus.

I will continue to re-purchase this mascara for years to come, I'm sure.

At $30AUD, I'd definitely say it's worth the money for all these things combined. I highly recommend this product.

(Keep in mind that this opinion is entirely my own, and products work differently for everyone, so there's no guarantee you'll fall in love with it like I have, because I know some people actually really hate this mascara and say it smudges and flakes and whatnot, but my personal experience with it has been entirely positive. Different strokes for different folks I guess.)

This mascara delivers everything that’s promised in the packaging. The brush is fluffy with multi length bristles that do a great job of grabbing every lash, it doesn’t smudge and lasts all day, and the colour is dark and heavily pigmented. I also love the uniquely textured purple case, but it does take up a lot of room in your makeup bag. Overall, I love this mascara, this is going to stay in my bag for a while.

on 10/20/2018 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I loooove the wand on this. It's bushy, but not too bushy, which separates my lashes in such a beautiful way. The formula adds volume, some length, doesn't add too much thickness, and it can hold a curl extremely well. The only reason I give 4/5 stars is because it smudges slightly underneath my eyes after maybe 3 hours. Sadly, I won't repurchase!

on 10/18/2018 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the packaging of this mascara, it is so beautiful! I like the wand length and thickness. It really coats all my lashes. I enjoy the deep black color. When first applied, my lashes and full and longer. I almost look like I have false lashes on. But, I have very straight lashes that do not curl upwards. I have to really work the lash curler and immediately apply mascara. As soon as this mascara is applied, my lashes start to fall downwards. All that work ... gone.

If you have lashes that naturally curl upwards, this might be for you.

Unlike a lot of the negative reviewers, I did not have any issues with smudging or flaking. I actually loved the look of this mascara. The dealbreaker for me, however, is that it irritated my sensitive, contact-wearing eyes like CRAZY. I've never reacted this way to a mascara. My eyes itched all day both times I wore it. Off to the trash can with this one. Fortunately it was just a sample size and I didn't waste money on it.

on 9/17/2018 8:58:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I decided to try this mascara because 1-my daughter loves it and it really does make her lashes look great. She has long lashes and this really emphasizes them and 2-Ulta had it as part of their 21 days of beauty for $11.
I really like it. It doesn't smudge or clump as I'm building it up, and it doesn't flake off during the day. It does what a mascara is supposed to do, my lashes hold a curl and look good. I had zero flaking and smudging, and it was easy to remove.
However, I have pathetic, short tiny lashes (dd says she would cry if she had my lashes) and it doesn't do anything to really make them look a lot longer or do anything miraculous for them. BUT I am going to keep using it and maybe with more effort I can really get a great look.
I have sensitive eyes and this didn't bother them at all..no watering or itching.
I haven't found a drugstore mascara that I like as well as Lights, Camera, Lashes so at $11 I would buy it again. For $23, I would try to find something better.
Update: I don't know how it does it, but every time I use this mascara, it seems to work better. It "builds" my lashes up and they really seem longer. I have never found a mascara that works this well (I also have only used drugstore mascaras except for Clinique).

on 8/31/2018 5:24:00 PM

When I first tried this mascara, I was a little underwhelmed. It gave me dark, dramatically long lashes but it lacked the fullness I desired and my lashes were sticking together and clumping up a little too easily. I had to work to separate them after my first application, due to the formula being so wet.

However, with a little more time and effort, I still was able to achieve long and dramatic lashes that lasted all day and didn't come off on my oily eyelids.

I've been using it for a few weeks now off and on and I've found that now that it's had a chance to dry out a little, it's gotten even better. Now my lashes are long, fluttery and fanned out. My lashes no longer clump together when applying too which makes this mascara a lot nicer to use. While I don't curl my lashes, it definitely helps emphasize the natural curl in my lashes. It doesn't give a ton of thickness/ volume but the fluttery, long dark lashes it gives me makes up for that, in my opinion. It lasts all day without any flaking or smearing and I don't have to struggle to take this off at night.

The only cons I have with this mascara is that I've found getting the inner corners is a little bit difficult with this wand and it still a wetter formula so I have to clean up around my eyes after applying because it smudges onto my lid/brow bone while it's still drying. Other than that, I've found this mascara seriously impressive and I love the way it looks.

on 6/10/2018 10:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I loved the packaging of this mascara, the design and purple color making it feel like I was getting ready for a show or something really important. But it lost points and the spot on my list because I felt it too dry and I had a hard time brushing my eyelashes without losing some of them. It also flake and smudge.