Tarte Lights Camera Lashes

Tarte Lights Camera Lashes
Lights Camera LashesLights Camera LashesLights Camera LashesLights Camera Lashes

3.8

Ingredients: Aqua, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated stearyl olive esters, stearic acid, cera carnauba, triethanolamine, alcohol, candelilla cera, acacia senegal gum, panthenol, VP/VA copolymer, polyvinyl alcohol, aminomethylpropanediol, chlorphenesin, iron oxides (CI 77499).

on 12/7/2017 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a free sample of this at Sephora. I was skeptical because I'm very picky about mascara. It always smudges on me for some odd reason, and my skin isn't even close to oily. Anyway, I gave this a shot and was shocked at how much I liked it. I only need one coat and it really makes my lashes look gorgeous.

on 11/29/2017 11:36:00 AM

I received a smaller size version of this with a holiday collection order from Tarte (it included a lipstick and blush mini along with this). I thought I'd prefer the lipstick and blush to this, but when I first tried the mascara, I was amazed. One swipe and my lashes looked super long. A bit more, and I had volume, length and definition. It can get a tiny bit clumpy, but it's not too bad compared to other mascaras I've tried. It doesn't take forever to dry, which I like. I get crazy-good lashes from this, and it doesn't flake or run for me. I think it's too much to pay $23 a tube of this, but with a sale or special offer, or if I get a nice raise in income, I'd definitely consider sticking with this mascara.

on 10/28/2017 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

2 stars because it does do SOMETHING - I am not a fan of 'natural' mascaras because they seem against the point. This is so clumpy though. I've tried coming back to it a few times as it sits in my makeup drawer and just can't get over how spidery it makes my eyelashes look. It also makes them super, super hard and crunchy which I'm not a fan of either. The purple tube is different pretty but is also bulky.

This is my current mascara and the only mascara I've repurchased a few times. I have short lashes and this mascara helps to give them volume and length - making my eyes look more awake. It is also the only mascara (that I've tried so far) that doesn't smudge, even with my very oily eyelids.

I received a deluxe sample of this and have worn it 3 times. It's just ok, actually kind of meh. For the price tag, I expect it to outperform drugstore mascaras, but I can list at least 5 that are better than this one. I didn't notice much volume or length added, it just darkened my lashes. It didn't clump or smear, which is the only points in it's favor. However this formula flakes after a few hours. Nothing horrible or anything, but a high end mascara that flakes is unacceptable and a deal-breaker for me. If you want to spend a chunk of change on a sub-par mascara, I won't stop you, but I'll stick to my trusty L'Oréal Voluminous and Telescopic.

This mascara looks good for my upper lashes, not so much for my bottom lashes. It tends to smudge as the day goes by and makes my bottom lid dirty. A lot of product gets on the wand as well, resulting in very thick smudgey lashes. It's definitely not my favourite.

on 10/6/2017 1:30:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This did just... nothing for me? All it really did was separate my lashes, I noticed no length or volume and barely a curl. I will say it didn't get clumpy upon building, but... it also had no visible effect, no matter how much I built it. I gave it away after one use because it simply didn't work for me.

If they didnt change formula yet and I hope not- this mascara is the best i have tried so far AND I am demanding especially when it comes to mascaras and lipsticks. I use this one for last 2 years. Before it, I was changing mascara all the time.
My lashes are quite long and unfortunately kinda light. This mascara gives me extremely volume, doesnt make stains and also not sticking your lashes.
I understand everyone has different preferences, but at this product, honestly, I wouldt believe anyone who would say this mascara is bad.. unless they expected to have full volume after 2-3 layers.
I totally reccomend ALL TARTE MASCARAS and also their brow "mascara"

on 9/25/2017 4:02:00 AM

Got this product as a freebie with my Sephora purchase. Tried it and it made my lashes look amazing but after wearing it for a day I developed redness in my eyes and it felt like there was flakes of the mascara under my eyelids and in my eyes. No swelling just crazy, itchy red eyeballs! Went back to my old Maybelline mascara and my eyes cleared up so I thought I'd give Lights another go the following week. Absolute mistake, the redness and itchiness started up again and the FLAKIES! It's a shame about the formula because it really does give you great looking lashes, with no clumps but it's not worth suffering through the itchy, redness at all. Glad I didn't spend $$ on this. I've never had such an awful experience with a makeup product as I had with this. Definitely not for me.

on 10/13/2017 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this mascara. The packaging is adorable but very easy to hold and doesn't slip from your hand for any reason. The formula is nice, dries quickly, and does NOT flake at all. I like the brush because it doesn't clump your lashes, and really allows you to brush the mascara from root to tip of your lashes. Very lightweight and doesn't irritate my eyes. I like that it's not a wet formula either so it is not messy when applying. Love this mascara!