Tarte Lights Camera Lashes

Tarte Lights Camera Lashes
Lights Camera LashesLights Camera LashesLights Camera Lashes

3.8

Ingredients: Aqua, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated stearyl olive esters, stearic acid, cera carnauba, triethanolamine, alcohol, candelilla cera, acacia senegal gum, panthenol, VP/VA copolymer, polyvinyl alcohol, aminomethylpropanediol, chlorphenesin, iron oxides (CI 77499).

on 5/18/2017 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite mascara, ever. I haven't tried many mid-to-high end mascaras, but I've enjoyed every Tarte mascara I've tried. They just work for me.

For reference, my eyelashes are dark and average in length and thickness. The lashes in my outer corner are long and straight for whatever absurd reason. These particular lashes don't hold curl well no matter what mascara I use, so I don't bother curling my lashes unless it's for a special occasion. Recently, I've been wearing my glasses more often than my contacts. This means that the right mascara is crucial.

Also, I don't like to apply more than one coat of mascara. My only reason is laziness.

Pros:
- Lengthens and volumizes my lashes.
- Doesn't smudge or flake all over my eyes.
- Easy to remove.
- Easy to find.
- Nothing nasty on the ingredients list.
- It isn't sticky or wet.
- The travel-sized tube is also an excellent value, as it lasts at least six weeks for me.
- Every time I'm wearing this mascara around my mom, she'll look at me in awe and ask what I'm using.

Cons:
- I think it's absurd to spend $23 on a mascara.
- The packaging is fine in terms of function, but I think it cheapens the look of the product.

I've only used the deluxe sample size version. I have average length, average volume lashes, and almost never have problems with flaking or smearing. I prioritize lash separation and volume, and anything other than that is a bonus (as long as it doesn't underperform). For reference, Too Faced Better Than Sex and Covergirl Lash Blast Volume work best on me. I only do one layer of mascara, but that involves brushing it through ~10 times and reloading the brush once (max) per eye. Other than pressing lashes up with my finger, I don't curl.

I usually avoid bristle type wands (I find rubbery spikes are the best for separation) but this did a decent job at separating. For the first fortnight the formula was fine. It gave a good amount of volume, and a decent amount of length, but it did so by making the ends of my lashes look blocky and unnatural. I'd often get tiny clumps in the outer corners but I could comb them out easily. I didn't like nor hate how it made my bottom lashes look. It wouldn't smudge, removed easily, and was a good dark black. It was okay. Not worth the price, but still workable.

After a fortnight, there was a period of about three days where the formula was amazing and gave results almost identical to Better Than Sex if I brushed through as little as possible. I was seriously impressed with it. The blocky unnatural ends were thinner and looked way better.

Then those three days passed and suddenly the mascara sucked. Very little volume, little separation and length. I chucked it. Either it dried out or ran out in only three weeks.

The packaging for this when I looked at it online made me nearly not buy it, but in person the purple is much darker and not as ostentatious. I actually ended up quite liking it for being so different in shape and colour and texture.

Oh and just because some of Tartes deluxe mascara samples don't have necks for you to wipe excess on - this one does. So you're good.

Tarte is one of my favourite brands but I find the mascaras I've tried (Lash Paint, Lights Camera Lashes, Maneater) to be okaaaay, but similar to Maybelline in finish. And that's certainly not a bad thing, but it's definitely not a great thing either especially when you take the price into account.

on 5/1/2017 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I dislike this mascara. I got a deluxe sample, used it for a while because it got good reviews. It was drying and irritating and had a weird spidery effect on my sparse asian lashes. I also found that the formula in the bottle dried quickly to the point of being unusable (this almost never happens to me). However, my experience doesn't seem to be the norm.

Wonderful product. Don't love the packaging though!

Okay, let me tell you, this stuff is awesome. For a higher end mascara, I love it. You can tell the difference just by one coat. I tried the oh-so-famous "Better than Sex mascara" along with benefits curler mascara but was left disappointed in both of them.....This mascara was my lost shot at hope for a "nice" or "Real - non-drug store bought" mascara, and I'm glad I gave it a try.
It doesn't flake hardly at all, and it separates lashed beautifully while giving you a curl all day long. Plus, this stuff is easily buildable!

Only con? It DOES get a little sticky after applying it beyond 30 seconds, then again I coat mascara on like it's some day job. Also, the handle gets in the way if you're trying to roll the mascara smoothly on, nothing major whatsoever though!

Great stuff!

I had repurchased this mascara because it worked for me. I did notice that it tended to dry out quickly once opened, but I was willing to deal with it because I was getting compliments on my lashes. Then the eye irritation started. My eyelids were red and itchy. When I stopped using it for a few days, my eyes cleared up. So I guess I am allergic to something in the formula. Sadly, I will not be repurchasing.

on 4/11/2017 2:49:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Just because a mascara costs a lot doesn't mean that it is always going to work great for every one. I learned that just by using this particular product. IT was dry and flakey, and the packaging is god awful but that wasn't the thing that just spun me so far from this that I hiss at looking at it in stores. It irritated the hell out of my eyes - all of a sudden out of the blue it started making my eyelids or the area around my lashes feel incredibly stiff and uncomfortable if not a little painful. Which is a clear warning sign for me to put that thing in the garbage and seek another mascara.

I have been using this mascara for about a year now and I must say I absolutely love the mascara it is really amazing quality for the price you pay. It definitely gives them a lot of length and it doesn't take very much product to do it.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I'm surprised at the negative reviews on this mascara. I received this as a deluxe sample and honestly it's one of the best mascaras I've ever used. I haven't had so many compliments on my lashes in years. In the span of the first week I've been complimented by complete strangers almost every time I leave the house in this stuff. Women are wanting to know what kind of mascara it is. I makes my lashes look very defined. I wear contact and there is no irritation so far from this. I plan to order the full size.

on 3/4/2017 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I just dont like this. I brought it a few years ago. and nvr repurchase again.

Popular Mascaras