Tarte Lights Camera Lashes

Tarte Lights Camera Lashes
Lights Camera LashesLights Camera LashesLights Camera Lashes

3.8

Ingredients: Aqua, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated stearyl olive esters, stearic acid, cera carnauba, triethanolamine, alcohol, candelilla cera, acacia senegal gum, panthenol, VP/VA copolymer, polyvinyl alcohol, aminomethylpropanediol, chlorphenesin, iron oxides (CI 77499).

on 7/12/2017 3:11:00 AM

No raccoon eyes, does lenghten my lashes, stays&no flakes. Really love it🔥

The cons are only the price. And i use the waterproof one so when i wanna remove it it kinda tricky (if i used it plenty)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Its a drier formula with a standard bristle brush. It gets me well volumized, curled standard black lashes. It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes and its easy to remove. But the brush is a bit big for me...I always get a few little black globs of mascara transferring onto my lids and I have to go in after with a q-tip to clean up 4 or 5 spots after so that adds time. Shipping from the Tarte website to New Zealand is very slow (3 weeks+). I wouldn't repurchase as I prefer Benefit Roller Lash which is easier to apply, looks more defined, and holds a stronger curl.

This one was a hit and miss for me. I got a deluxe sample off of sephora amd it's really clumpy and thick, you really have to scrape some of the product off to get a decent outcome

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Hands down, my favorite. The brush is perfect, adds fullness and length, dries quickly. This is the best mascara I have used to date. I don't love the packaging (can we just get a normal tube, Tarte?) but aside from that it's great. I usually do two coats, but one is definitely more than enough. I just enjoy having super thick lashes. I try to snag tubes when they are on sale, but if I were out, I would definitely buy at full price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm 50/50 on this one. I like it, but I also have issues with it. I like to use this with Too Faced Better Than Sex for a more dramatic look.

I've tried the deluxe size before trying the actual size mascara. They're not 100% the same. I LOVE the deluxe size. LOVED IT! But it's not available for sale alone in my country. It's always paired with other Tarte products as a combo. So I decided to purchase the actual size eventually. I'd say it's about 80% as compared to the deluxe size. So the review below is for the actual size mascara.

Pros:
- Lengthens, creates volume
- Doesn't smudge (not even in humid tropical weather)
- Easy to remove, doesn't leave panda eye effect
- Nice ingredients list
- Not tested on animals

Cons:
- Flakes slightly into my eyes when used alone
- Clumps after two coats
- I hate the packaging! Like, why Tarte? WHY??? (preferred the deluxe size)
- Pricey

Will I repurchase? I did and will probably again (sigh)
Recommend to others? Will recommend them to get the deluxe size first before buying the actual size.

on 5/18/2017 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite mascara, ever. I haven't tried many mid-to-high end mascaras, but I've enjoyed every Tarte mascara I've tried. They just work for me.

For reference, my eyelashes are dark and average in length and thickness. The lashes in my outer corner are long and straight for whatever absurd reason. These particular lashes don't hold curl well no matter what mascara I use, so I don't bother curling my lashes unless it's for a special occasion. Recently, I've been wearing my glasses more often than my contacts. This means that the right mascara is crucial.

Also, I don't like to apply more than one coat of mascara. My only reason is laziness.

Pros:
- Lengthens and volumizes my lashes.
- Doesn't smudge or flake all over my eyes.
- Easy to remove.
- Easy to find.
- Nothing nasty on the ingredients list.
- It isn't sticky or wet.
- The travel-sized tube is also an excellent value, as it lasts at least six weeks for me.
- Every time I'm wearing this mascara around my mom, she'll look at me in awe and ask what I'm using.

Cons:
- I think it's absurd to spend $23 on a mascara.
- The packaging is fine in terms of function, but I think it cheapens the look of the product.

I've only used the deluxe sample size version. I have average length, average volume lashes, and almost never have problems with flaking or smearing. I prioritize lash separation and volume, and anything other than that is a bonus (as long as it doesn't underperform). For reference, Too Faced Better Than Sex and Covergirl Lash Blast Volume work best on me. I only do one layer of mascara, but that involves brushing it through ~10 times and reloading the brush once (max) per eye. Other than pressing lashes up with my finger, I don't curl.

I usually avoid bristle type wands (I find rubbery spikes are the best for separation) but this did a decent job at separating. For the first fortnight the formula was fine. It gave a good amount of volume, and a decent amount of length, but it did so by making the ends of my lashes look blocky and unnatural. I'd often get tiny clumps in the outer corners but I could comb them out easily. I didn't like nor hate how it made my bottom lashes look. It wouldn't smudge, removed easily, and was a good dark black. It was okay. Not worth the price, but still workable.

After a fortnight, there was a period of about three days where the formula was amazing and gave results almost identical to Better Than Sex if I brushed through as little as possible. I was seriously impressed with it. The blocky unnatural ends were thinner and looked way better.

Then those three days passed and suddenly the mascara sucked. Very little volume, little separation and length. I chucked it. Either it dried out or ran out in only three weeks.

The packaging for this when I looked at it online made me nearly not buy it, but in person the purple is much darker and not as ostentatious. I actually ended up quite liking it for being so different in shape and colour and texture.

Oh and just because some of Tartes deluxe mascara samples don't have necks for you to wipe excess on - this one does. So you're good.

Tarte is one of my favourite brands but I find the mascaras I've tried (Lash Paint, Lights Camera Lashes, Maneater) to be okaaaay, but similar to Maybelline in finish. And that's certainly not a bad thing, but it's definitely not a great thing either especially when you take the price into account.

on 5/1/2017 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I dislike this mascara. I got a deluxe sample, used it for a while because it got good reviews. It was drying and irritating and had a weird spidery effect on my sparse asian lashes. I also found that the formula in the bottle dried quickly to the point of being unusable (this almost never happens to me). However, my experience doesn't seem to be the norm.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Wonderful product. Don't love the packaging though!

Okay, let me tell you, this stuff is awesome. For a higher end mascara, I love it. You can tell the difference just by one coat. I tried the oh-so-famous "Better than Sex mascara" along with benefits curler mascara but was left disappointed in both of them.....This mascara was my lost shot at hope for a "nice" or "Real - non-drug store bought" mascara, and I'm glad I gave it a try.
It doesn't flake hardly at all, and it separates lashed beautifully while giving you a curl all day long. Plus, this stuff is easily buildable!

Only con? It DOES get a little sticky after applying it beyond 30 seconds, then again I coat mascara on like it's some day job. Also, the handle gets in the way if you're trying to roll the mascara smoothly on, nothing major whatsoever though!

Great stuff!