Tarte Lights Camera Lashes

Tarte Lights Camera Lashes
Lights Camera LashesLights Camera LashesLights Camera LashesLights Camera Lashes

3.8

Ingredients: Aqua, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated stearyl olive esters, stearic acid, cera carnauba, triethanolamine, alcohol, candelilla cera, acacia senegal gum, panthenol, VP/VA copolymer, polyvinyl alcohol, aminomethylpropanediol, chlorphenesin, iron oxides (CI 77499).

If they didnt change formula yet and I hope not- this mascara is the best i have tried so far AND I am demanding especially when it comes to mascaras and lipsticks. I use this one for last 2 years. Before it, I was changing mascara all the time.
My lashes are quite long and unfortunately kinda light. This mascara gives me extremely volume, doesnt make stains and also not sticking your lashes.
I understand everyone has different preferences, but at this product, honestly, I wouldt believe anyone who would say this mascara is bad.. unless they expected to have full volume after 2-3 layers.
I totally reccomend ALL TARTE MASCARAS and also their brow "mascara"

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It stays very dark and fluffs out my lashes really nicely. I really like it - the results, the brush size, the packaging - the only problem is the cost of this thing. It reminds me so much of my normal HG (L'oreal Voluminous Million) mascara that I could not possibly justify spending $30/tube on it when I could be spending only $10.

If you don't purchase L'oreal or you want to buy Vegan then I'd say it's a great alternative, but I can't justify it myself.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this mascara. I don't love the excess material on the tube, but the product itself is pretty amazing, so I deal with it. The formula is a very rich black. It holds the natural curl in my lashes and makes them appear both longer and thicker. Be careful when adding a second coat as it can get clumpy. First coat goes on super smooth and the second can if you don't wait for the first to dry all the way before applying.

on 8/2/2017 6:12:00 PM

My reviews have really been across the map when it's come to mascaras. This is my second "high-end" mascara after my awful experience with Urban Decay's Perversion. I have to say I really like this mascara.

I'm a contact lens wearer and one of the things that I get a little wary of is if mascara makes my eyes water and since this product is cruelty-free and made with somewhat natural ingredients I found my eyes haven't gotten watery whenever I've worn LCF. It really fills out my lashes and makes them look a touch longer (which is fine for me since I already have really long lashes). I also love the packaging. There is no mistake when I grab this from my purse that this is my mascara and not concealer or some other tube of makeup.

What I don't love is the fact that this is a $20 mascara and it seems as it hit that three-month mark it gets a little clumpy. I feel like I don't need to apply much to my lashes to get my desired effect so it's a bummer considering the amount of product still left in the tube. I may just get the travel size since that's around a typical drugstore price.

on 7/12/2017 3:11:00 AM

No raccoon eyes, does lenghten my lashes, stays&no flakes. Really love it🔥

The cons are only the price. And i use the waterproof one so when i wanna remove it it kinda tricky (if i used it plenty)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Its a drier formula with a standard bristle brush. It gets me well volumized, curled standard black lashes. It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes and its easy to remove. But the brush is a bit big for me...I always get a few little black globs of mascara transferring onto my lids and I have to go in after with a q-tip to clean up 4 or 5 spots after so that adds time. Shipping from the Tarte website to New Zealand is very slow (3 weeks+). I wouldn't repurchase as I prefer Benefit Roller Lash which is easier to apply, looks more defined, and holds a stronger curl.

This one was a hit and miss for me. I got a deluxe sample off of sephora amd it's really clumpy and thick, you really have to scrape some of the product off to get a decent outcome

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Hands down, my favorite. The brush is perfect, adds fullness and length, dries quickly. This is the best mascara I have used to date. I don't love the packaging (can we just get a normal tube, Tarte?) but aside from that it's great. I usually do two coats, but one is definitely more than enough. I just enjoy having super thick lashes. I try to snag tubes when they are on sale, but if I were out, I would definitely buy at full price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm 50/50 on this one. I like it, but I also have issues with it. I like to use this with Too Faced Better Than Sex for a more dramatic look.

I've tried the deluxe size before trying the actual size mascara. They're not 100% the same. I LOVE the deluxe size. LOVED IT! But it's not available for sale alone in my country. It's always paired with other Tarte products as a combo. So I decided to purchase the actual size eventually. I'd say it's about 80% as compared to the deluxe size. So the review below is for the actual size mascara.

Pros:
- Lengthens, creates volume
- Doesn't smudge (not even in humid tropical weather)
- Easy to remove, doesn't leave panda eye effect
- Nice ingredients list
- Not tested on animals

Cons:
- Flakes slightly into my eyes when used alone
- Clumps after two coats
- I hate the packaging! Like, why Tarte? WHY??? (preferred the deluxe size)
- Pricey

Will I repurchase? I did and will probably again (sigh)
Recommend to others? Will recommend them to get the deluxe size first before buying the actual size.

on 5/18/2017 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite mascara, ever. I haven't tried many mid-to-high end mascaras, but I've enjoyed every Tarte mascara I've tried. They just work for me.

For reference, my eyelashes are dark and average in length and thickness. The lashes in my outer corner are long and straight for whatever absurd reason. These particular lashes don't hold curl well no matter what mascara I use, so I don't bother curling my lashes unless it's for a special occasion. Recently, I've been wearing my glasses more often than my contacts. This means that the right mascara is crucial.

Also, I don't like to apply more than one coat of mascara. My only reason is laziness.

Pros:
- Lengthens and volumizes my lashes.
- Doesn't smudge or flake all over my eyes.
- Easy to remove.
- Easy to find.
- Nothing nasty on the ingredients list.
- It isn't sticky or wet.
- The travel-sized tube is also an excellent value, as it lasts at least six weeks for me.
- Every time I'm wearing this mascara around my mom, she'll look at me in awe and ask what I'm using.

Cons:
- I think it's absurd to spend $23 on a mascara.
- The packaging is fine in terms of function, but I think it cheapens the look of the product.