Tarte Lights Camera Lashes

Tarte Lights Camera Lashes
Lights Camera LashesLights Camera LashesLights Camera LashesLights Camera Lashes

3.8

Ingredients: Aqua, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated stearyl olive esters, stearic acid, cera carnauba, triethanolamine, alcohol, candelilla cera, acacia senegal gum, panthenol, VP/VA copolymer, polyvinyl alcohol, aminomethylpropanediol, chlorphenesin, iron oxides (CI 77499).

This mascara looks good for my upper lashes, not so much for my bottom lashes. It tends to smudge as the day goes by and makes my bottom lid dirty. A lot of product gets on the wand as well, resulting in very thick smudgey lashes. It's definitely not my favourite.

on 10/13/2017 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this mascara. The packaging is adorable but very easy to hold and doesn't slip from your hand for any reason. The formula is nice, dries quickly, and does NOT flake at all. I like the brush because it doesn't clump your lashes, and really allows you to brush the mascara from root to tip of your lashes. Very lightweight and doesn't irritate my eyes. I like that it's not a wet formula either so it is not messy when applying. Love this mascara!

on 10/6/2017 1:30:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This did just... nothing for me? All it really did was separate my lashes, I noticed no length or volume and barely a curl. I will say it didn't get clumpy upon building, but... it also had no visible effect, no matter how much I built it. I gave it away after one use because it simply didn't work for me.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It stays very dark and fluffs out my lashes really nicely. I really like it - the results, the brush size, the packaging - the only problem is the cost of this thing. It reminds me so much of my normal HG (L'oreal Voluminous Million) mascara that I could not possibly justify spending $30/tube on it when I could be spending only $10.

If you don't purchase L'oreal or you want to buy Vegan then I'd say it's a great alternative, but I can't justify it myself.

If they didnt change formula yet and I hope not- this mascara is the best i have tried so far AND I am demanding especially when it comes to mascaras and lipsticks. I use this one for last 2 years. Before it, I was changing mascara all the time.
My lashes are quite long and unfortunately kinda light. This mascara gives me extremely volume, doesnt make stains and also not sticking your lashes.
I understand everyone has different preferences, but at this product, honestly, I wouldt believe anyone who would say this mascara is bad.. unless they expected to have full volume after 2-3 layers.
I totally reccomend ALL TARTE MASCARAS and also their brow "mascara"

on 9/25/2017 4:02:00 AM

Got this product as a freebie with my Sephora purchase. Tried it and it made my lashes look amazing but after wearing it for a day I developed redness in my eyes and it felt like there was flakes of the mascara under my eyelids and in my eyes. No swelling just crazy, itchy red eyeballs! Went back to my old Maybelline mascara and my eyes cleared up so I thought I'd give Lights another go the following week. Absolute mistake, the redness and itchiness started up again and the FLAKIES! It's a shame about the formula because it really does give you great looking lashes, with no clumps but it's not worth suffering through the itchy, redness at all. Glad I didn't spend $$ on this. I've never had such an awful experience with a makeup product as I had with this. Definitely not for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Its a drier formula with a standard bristle brush. It gets me well volumized, curled standard black lashes. It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes and its easy to remove. But the brush is a bit big for me...I always get a few little black globs of mascara transferring onto my lids and I have to go in after with a q-tip to clean up 4 or 5 spots after so that adds time. Shipping from the Tarte website to New Zealand is very slow (3 weeks+). I wouldn't repurchase as I prefer Benefit Roller Lash which is easier to apply, looks more defined, and holds a stronger curl.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this mascara. I don't love the excess material on the tube, but the product itself is pretty amazing, so I deal with it. The formula is a very rich black. It holds the natural curl in my lashes and makes them appear both longer and thicker. Be careful when adding a second coat as it can get clumpy. First coat goes on super smooth and the second can if you don't wait for the first to dry all the way before applying.

on 8/2/2017 6:12:00 PM

My reviews have really been across the map when it's come to mascaras. This is my second "high-end" mascara after my awful experience with Urban Decay's Perversion. I have to say I really like this mascara.

I'm a contact lens wearer and one of the things that I get a little wary of is if mascara makes my eyes water and since this product is cruelty-free and made with somewhat natural ingredients I found my eyes haven't gotten watery whenever I've worn LCF. It really fills out my lashes and makes them look a touch longer (which is fine for me since I already have really long lashes). I also love the packaging. There is no mistake when I grab this from my purse that this is my mascara and not concealer or some other tube of makeup.

What I don't love is the fact that this is a $20 mascara and it seems as it hit that three-month mark it gets a little clumpy. I feel like I don't need to apply much to my lashes to get my desired effect so it's a bummer considering the amount of product still left in the tube. I may just get the travel size since that's around a typical drugstore price.

on 7/12/2017 3:11:00 AM

No raccoon eyes, does lenghten my lashes, stays&no flakes. Really love it🔥

The cons are only the price. And i use the waterproof one so when i wanna remove it it kinda tricky (if i used it plenty)