Tarte Cosmetics Lights Camera Lashes

Tarte Cosmetics Lights Camera Lashes
Lights Camera LashesLights Camera LashesLights Camera LashesLights Camera LashesLights Camera Lashes

3.8

Ingredients: Aqua, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated stearyl olive esters, stearic acid, cera carnauba, triethanolamine, alcohol, candelilla cera, acacia senegal gum, panthenol, VP/VA copolymer, polyvinyl alcohol, aminomethylpropanediol, chlorphenesin, iron oxides (CI 77499).

Unlike a lot of the negative reviewers, I did not have any issues with smudging or flaking. I actually loved the look of this mascara. The dealbreaker for me, however, is that it irritated my sensitive, contact-wearing eyes like CRAZY. I've never reacted this way to a mascara. My eyes itched all day both times I wore it. Off to the trash can with this one. Fortunately it was just a sample size and I didn't waste money on it.

on 9/17/2018 8:58:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I decided to try this mascara because 1-my daughter loves it and it really does make her lashes look great. She has long lashes and this really emphasizes them and 2-Ulta had it as part of their 21 days of beauty for $11.
I really like it. It doesn't smudge or clump as I'm building it up, and it doesn't flake off during the day. It does what a mascara is supposed to do, my lashes hold a curl and look good. I had zero flaking and smudging, and it was easy to remove.
However, I have pathetic, short tiny lashes (dd says she would cry if she had my lashes) and it doesn't do anything to really make them look a lot longer or do anything miraculous for them. BUT I am going to keep using it and maybe with more effort I can really get a great look.
I have sensitive eyes and this didn't bother them at all..no watering or itching.
I haven't found a drugstore mascara that I like as well as Lights, Camera, Lashes so at $11 I would buy it again. For $23, I would try to find something better.

on 8/31/2018 5:24:00 PM

When I first tried this mascara, I was a little underwhelmed. It gave me dark, dramatically long lashes but it lacked the fullness I desired and my lashes were sticking together and clumping up a little too easily. I had to work to separate them after my first application, due to the formula being so wet.

However, with a little more time and effort, I still was able to achieve long and dramatic lashes that lasted all day and didn't come off on my oily eyelids.

I've been using it for a few weeks now off and on and I've found that now that it's had a chance to dry out a little, it's gotten even better. Now my lashes are long, fluttery and fanned out. My lashes no longer clump together when applying too which makes this mascara a lot nicer to use. While I don't curl my lashes, it definitely helps emphasize the natural curl in my lashes. It doesn't give a ton of thickness/ volume but the fluttery, long dark lashes it gives me makes up for that, in my opinion. It lasts all day without any flaking or smearing and I don't have to struggle to take this off at night.

The only cons I have with this mascara is that I've found getting the inner corners is a little bit difficult with this wand and it still a wetter formula so I have to clean up around my eyes after applying because it smudges onto my lid/brow bone while it's still drying. Other than that, I've found this mascara seriously impressive and I love the way it looks.

on 6/10/2018 10:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I loved the packaging of this mascara, the design and purple color making it feel like I was getting ready for a show or something really important. But it lost points and the spot on my list because I felt it too dry and I had a hard time brushing my eyelashes without losing some of them. It also flake and smudge.

It was a good mascara but it’s not my favorite. It has intense black color, gives a bit of volume and a bit of length (I have medium length flat lashes) but it flakes. It’s definitely not a bad mascara but I wouldn’t repurchase it because it was similar in performance to many other mascaras I have owned and tried.

on 5/7/2018 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really enjoy this mascara. It doesn’t flake or smudge and it does t make my lashes crunchy. Does a decent job of holding a curl. It gives my lashes good separation and I can build it up. My lashes aren’t naturally super long and this gives them good length. Volume, not so much, but I’m not really looking for that. My one issue is it has a very chemical-y smell. I bought this for $10 at Ulta during 21 days of beauty, but I think the smell would keep me from paying full price. If the smell doesn’t bother you, I think it’s a very good product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

For some reason I quite liked it the day I used it, then I bought the Tarte primer and used it with it one day before work and was completely underwhelmed (Tarte's Opening Act primer is not worth it). The LCL formula is wet and clumpy upon application, especially when you want to layer it on the lashes. It dries pretty quickly in the jar - poor shelf life - and on the lash, so you definitely will feel a tug at your lashes when you try to brush through the second layer. I have long lashes and I don't think it does much to them. It certainly doesn't give length & separation to rival my HG drugstore or high end mascaras, and it doesn't out-volume Lancôme so a 3.5 it is.

I bought the pack of 5 mini mascaras from Tarte to when I had a 25% off sitewide coupon. Great opportunity to try out their whole range, having not really used their mascaras before!

Lights, Camera Lashes and Tarteist Lash Paint are by far my favourite from the collection.

LCL really thickens and lengthens your lashes. I have used it for events to build that near false lash dramatic look without having to actually wear falsies, and it doesn’t clump or look uneven at all. If you apply it carefully, using only a small amount of product, you can still use it for work/everyday wear and it doesn’t look OTT. Would definitely repurchase, although I probably still prefer some mascaras in the Benefit range if I’m willing to spend a little more.

on 4/20/2018 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I have VERY short straight lashes so finding a good mascara is so difficult! Most mascaras don’t do much. I also have small eyes so some mascaras are difficult to apply. So let me tell you - when I’ve found a good mascara it has to be amazing on other people who actually HAVE lashes. It really works and makes my tiny lashes long and full. It looks very natural and doesn’t flake. Only Downside - I have to apply about 4 coats and it takes forever to build up. But it does build up nicely - no clumps!!!!:) The packaging is weird though, I don’t know if I like the texture of a cloth-like container..but very creative!

on 3/14/2018 10:32:00 PM

This mascara is amazing. it actually lives up to its name of a 4 in 1 mascara.
It leaves my lashes looking full and curled. With a few other mascaras i have tried it tends to leave the corner lashes looking a bit droopy. however, the applicator is fine enough that it picks up those corner lashes. i found it a little bit clumpy but does not turn me away, i just don't add as many layers as i would with some other brands