Tarte Lights Camera Lashes

Tarte Lights Camera Lashes
Lights Camera LashesLights Camera LashesLights Camera LashesLights Camera Lashes

3.8

Ingredients: Aqua, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated stearyl olive esters, stearic acid, cera carnauba, triethanolamine, alcohol, candelilla cera, acacia senegal gum, panthenol, VP/VA copolymer, polyvinyl alcohol, aminomethylpropanediol, chlorphenesin, iron oxides (CI 77499).

on 6/10/2018 10:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I loved the packaging of this mascara, the design and purple color making it feel like I was getting ready for a show or something really important. But it lost points and the spot on my list because I felt it too dry and I had a hard time brushing my eyelashes without losing some of them. It also flake and smudge.

It was a good mascara but it’s not my favorite. It has intense black color, gives a bit of volume and a bit of length (I have medium length flat lashes) but it flakes. It’s definitely not a bad mascara but I wouldn’t repurchase it because it was similar in performance to many other mascaras I have owned and tried.

on 5/7/2018 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really enjoy this mascara. It doesn’t flake or smudge and it does t make my lashes crunchy. Does a decent job of holding a curl. It gives my lashes good separation and I can build it up. My lashes aren’t naturally super long and this gives them good length. Volume, not so much, but I’m not really looking for that. My one issue is it has a very chemical-y smell. I bought this for $10 at Ulta during 21 days of beauty, but I think the smell would keep me from paying full price. If the smell doesn’t bother you, I think it’s a very good product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

For some reason I quite liked it the day I used it, then I bought the Tarte primer and used it with it one day before work and was completely underwhelmed (Tarte's Opening Act primer is not worth it). The LCL formula is wet and clumpy upon application, especially when you want to layer it on the lashes. It dries pretty quickly in the jar - poor shelf life - and on the lash, so you definitely will feel a tug at your lashes when you try to brush through the second layer. I have long lashes and I don't think it does much to them. It certainly doesn't give length & separation to rival my HG drugstore or high end mascaras, and it doesn't out-volume Lancôme so a 3.5 it is.

I bought the pack of 5 mini mascaras from Tarte to when I had a 25% off sitewide coupon. Great opportunity to try out their whole range, having not really used their mascaras before!

Lights, Camera Lashes and Tarteist Lash Paint are by far my favourite from the collection.

LCL really thickens and lengthens your lashes. I have used it for events to build that near false lash dramatic look without having to actually wear falsies, and it doesn’t clump or look uneven at all. If you apply it carefully, using only a small amount of product, you can still use it for work/everyday wear and it doesn’t look OTT. Would definitely repurchase, although I probably still prefer some mascaras in the Benefit range if I’m willing to spend a little more.

on 4/20/2018 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I have VERY short straight lashes so finding a good mascara is so difficult! Most mascaras don’t do much. I also have small eyes so some mascaras are difficult to apply. So let me tell you - when I’ve found a good mascara it has to be amazing on other people who actually HAVE lashes. It really works and makes my tiny lashes long and full. It looks very natural and doesn’t flake. Only Downside - I have to apply about 4 coats and it takes forever to build up. But it does build up nicely - no clumps!!!!:) The packaging is weird though, I don’t know if I like the texture of a cloth-like container..but very creative!

on 3/14/2018 10:32:00 PM

This mascara is amazing. it actually lives up to its name of a 4 in 1 mascara.
It leaves my lashes looking full and curled. With a few other mascaras i have tried it tends to leave the corner lashes looking a bit droopy. however, the applicator is fine enough that it picks up those corner lashes. i found it a little bit clumpy but does not turn me away, i just don't add as many layers as i would with some other brands

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my all around favorite! It isn’t clumpy and it’s not crunchy. It’s a natural feel yet dramatic enough. I have to throw away my mascara every couple of weeks due to sensitive eyes, and I have to have a hypoallergenic mascara which is hard to find. This is the best for me in every way, never irritating. I purchase in travel size so I don’t feel wasteful throwing it away after a couple weeks. In love. 😍

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

One of my go-to’s. It separates my lashes and is quick to apply. I use different mascaras depending on my mood so for this I usually get a sample or travel size. This way I never let it go bad. Would definitely keep re purchasing if they don’t ever change the formula :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my absolute favourite mascara! It really lengthens and volumises my lashes more than any other mascara, and my lashes are shoooooooooort. It also makes me look like I'm wearing falsies! It's pretty expensive, but I think it's pretty worth.