Tarte Cosmetics Lights Camera Lashes

Tarte Cosmetics Lights Camera Lashes
Lights Camera LashesLights Camera LashesLights Camera LashesLights Camera LashesLights Camera Lashes

3.8

Ingredients: Aqua, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated stearyl olive esters, stearic acid, cera carnauba, triethanolamine, alcohol, candelilla cera, acacia senegal gum, panthenol, VP/VA copolymer, polyvinyl alcohol, aminomethylpropanediol, chlorphenesin, iron oxides (CI 77499).

on 1/13/2019 2:05:00 AM

Bought the non-waterproof version of this mascara off Sephora online on a year end Sale just last month. Packaging was super adorable with flamingo prints! Product was suitable and comfortable to use. I have sensitive eyes and have tried many brands of mascara, from luxury ones to drugstore but my eyes were irritated and itchy. I eventually gave up on mascara (3 years ago), went for eyelash perm, til I chanced upon this mascara. Now I look forward to applying mascara everyday! It has now become my staple. I have some spares.

on 12/26/2018 7:26:00 PM

Honestly, I like nothing about this product except the color of the packaging. This review is for the non-waterproof version (not sure if there even is a waterproof version).

1. Goes on extremely wet and never dries completely.
2. Will not hold a curl (because it never dries).
3. Packaging, while unique, is awkward and cumbersome.
4. Super smudgy (because it never dries).
5. Pigment is good, but the formula is NOT volumizing. If you've got naturally long and curly but blonde lashes, this may work for you.

Happy that I got this at Beauty Brands when they had a $10 mascara event. Otherwise, I'd be even unhappier with this product (if that's possible).

on 12/7/2018 8:31:00 AM

This is one of my favorite mascaras of all time. I'm not crazy about the packaging, but I can look past that. I love the spoolie as I'm not a fan of plastic ones. It does a nice job of lengthening with some volume. This is the mascara I tend to use less for everyday looks and more for special occasions, but one coat can look fairly natural. I try to purchase when it's on sale - Ulta has had it for $10 and I've also seen it for$11. Can be a little clumpy at first and not a mascara where I can do a "quick swipe" and have it look good. I have to work a bit with this one, but I find that it's worth it.

on 12/6/2018 8:59:00 AM

Bought this yesterday. Never again, dries way to easily.

on 12/5/2018 11:54:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

[REVIEW FOR NON-WATERPROOF TYPE]

This is SUCH a staple product for me!
I have already re-purchased about three times as I use this everyday (I literally can't leave the house without mascara on lol), and it is my all-time favourite mascara that I've tried so far.

The wand gives me both length and volume, and doesn't have excessive clumping like most mascaras.

It has never ever smudged or flaked on me, and I wear it all-day at school in hot summer weather. Sometimes in the wintertime it'll even start raining and I'll get my face fairly wet and it still doesn't budge, even though I don't even use the waterproof type!

The golden, leather-style packaging is so gorgeous and gives a real luxurious feel, which is another plus.

I will continue to re-purchase this mascara for years to come, I'm sure.

At $30AUD, I'd definitely say it's worth the money for all these things combined. I highly recommend this product.

(Keep in mind that this opinion is entirely my own, and products work differently for everyone, so there's no guarantee you'll fall in love with it like I have, because I know some people actually really hate this mascara and say it smudges and flakes and whatnot, but my personal experience with it has been entirely positive. Different strokes for different folks I guess.)

This mascara delivers everything that’s promised in the packaging. The brush is fluffy with multi length bristles that do a great job of grabbing every lash, it doesn’t smudge and lasts all day, and the colour is dark and heavily pigmented. I also love the uniquely textured purple case, but it does take up a lot of room in your makeup bag. Overall, I love this mascara, this is going to stay in my bag for a while.

on 10/20/2018 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I loooove the wand on this. It's bushy, but not too bushy, which separates my lashes in such a beautiful way. The formula adds volume, some length, doesn't add too much thickness, and it can hold a curl extremely well. The only reason I give 4/5 stars is because it smudges slightly underneath my eyes after maybe 3 hours. Sadly, I won't repurchase!

on 10/18/2018 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the packaging of this mascara, it is so beautiful! I like the wand length and thickness. It really coats all my lashes. I enjoy the deep black color. When first applied, my lashes and full and longer. I almost look like I have false lashes on. But, I have very straight lashes that do not curl upwards. I have to really work the lash curler and immediately apply mascara. As soon as this mascara is applied, my lashes start to fall downwards. All that work ... gone.

If you have lashes that naturally curl upwards, this might be for you.

Unlike a lot of the negative reviewers, I did not have any issues with smudging or flaking. I actually loved the look of this mascara. The dealbreaker for me, however, is that it irritated my sensitive, contact-wearing eyes like CRAZY. I've never reacted this way to a mascara. My eyes itched all day both times I wore it. Off to the trash can with this one. Fortunately it was just a sample size and I didn't waste money on it.

on 9/17/2018 8:58:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I decided to try this mascara because 1-my daughter loves it and it really does make her lashes look great. She has long lashes and this really emphasizes them and 2-Ulta had it as part of their 21 days of beauty for $11.
I really like it. It doesn't smudge or clump as I'm building it up, and it doesn't flake off during the day. It does what a mascara is supposed to do, my lashes hold a curl and look good. I had zero flaking and smudging, and it was easy to remove.
However, I have pathetic, short tiny lashes (dd says she would cry if she had my lashes) and it doesn't do anything to really make them look a lot longer or do anything miraculous for them. BUT I am going to keep using it and maybe with more effort I can really get a great look.
I have sensitive eyes and this didn't bother them at all..no watering or itching.
I haven't found a drugstore mascara that I like as well as Lights, Camera, Lashes so at $11 I would buy it again. For $23, I would try to find something better.
Update: I don't know how it does it, but every time I use this mascara, it seems to work better. It "builds" my lashes up and they really seem longer. I have never found a mascara that works this well (I also have only used drugstore mascaras except for Clinique).