Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

this finishing dust did help me dry up the oils on my face when I needed to touch up but it didn't work any better then my elf loose powder which is easier to get your hands on and half the price. it made the skin feel nice but didn't do anything special really but wasn't terrible

on 2/6/2010 3:30:00 PM

Omg! This is my one true love! I have combination to oily skin and this is perfect! I usually only wear foundation on special occasions, so every other day I wear concealer and dust this on top of this. It keeps my oily skin at bay and it makes my skin feel soft and smooth! I might get a little bit of shine throughout the day but it's more like a natural glow(: I will never use anything else. Thank you everyday minerals!

I have oily cheeks and nose,and I just didn't think it was that awesome. I oil blot anyways and the Intensive foundation holds up really well to oil,so I guess this just wasn't even necessary. I put it on and I didn't see any noticeable delay in my oily appearance.

on 10/24/2008 12:26:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I actually like it! It is very very fine and doesn't add any color to my skin, but sets the foundation very well.

on 7/22/2008 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use the Sunlight Finishing Dust. I LOVE IT.

I used BE Mineral Veil before trying this product. And I really do love it and find that it works just as well or better than the Mineral Veil. The dust is very finely milled and it doesn't take much to work. One of the better benefits is that this shade of the Finishing Dust is more forgiving [so I'm told] than the regular finishing dust and it doesn't turn my face chalky or anything. Yet it is very translucent.

It is a vital part of my makeup routine and I feel it helps with oil-control. If you do not have issues with corn starch I highly recommend this product. I tried the Silk Dust and I found that it emphasized my pores, where this powder did not. It is soft and cool to the touch.

on 7/9/2008 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Oddly, this powder doesn't seem to do anything at all, which I find quite strange. It doesn't mattify at all, doesn't minimize the appearance of my pores, doesn't add coverage.....It's like putting air on your face, which feels nice, but serves no purpose at all. I give it a 2 because it doesn't break me out and doesn't oxidize.

Okay, to be honest...BE Mineral Veil is a much better product. This works in a pinch but it doesn't control oilies very well. In addition, its a pain to travel with because of the packaging (the top of the container isn't very secure). I notice my T-zone gets so much shinier with EM than with BE but if I dust my nose with this 2-3x to get rid of the shine, then it gets cakey and settles into the pores on my nose...NOT the look I'm going for. This works fine for a back up...use once in a blue moon--when nothing else is handy, or I've run out of mineral veil but that's about it and NO I won't repurchase.

on 2/16/2008 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was surprised after reading the last couple reviews that said the Finishing Dust grains were too big. To me it is an extremely fine powder that is almost hard to work with! It took me a couple days to get used to applying it, but I think I've got it down and I absolutely love it! With the Finishing Dust and the EDM matte foundation, my oil is controlled well and it lasts longer. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for extra oil control.

on 1/12/2008 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

(Please see my pictures for a full-size before and after makeover of Everyday Minerals)

I have just recently switched to EM after cautiously reading and comparing EM to BE on this website. I have very oily skin, usually have to wipe off oil 1/2 way throughout my work day and again when I get home...which means I'm easily acceptable to acne.

I tried several rounds of the samples. It took a few times to figure out the best color on me and how to apply it. Here are my tips:

1) I still felt like I had to wipe oil off 1/2 through the day until I purchased the FINISHING DUST. This made a huge difference in cutting down the greasiness. (Just make sure you moisturize well, I imagine on dry skin it would make it really dry!)

2) A GOOD BRUSH MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE! I bought a cheap $5 brush at Ulta to try the samples and I finally ordered the flat-top Kabuki brush from EM's website. You will not find a cheaper, more awesome brush out there. This puts it on so flawless, I look airbrushed afterwards! I have NEVER experienced any make up like it before.

3) A little bit goes a long, long way! You can always apply more, so start out using a dab. The first time I tried the foundation on (I chose the wrong color which didn't help) I looked like the Hulk. My face looked like clay-mation. lol

4) I felt like the intense foundation was a bit too intense :)... so I just stick to matte shades and the Finishing Dust.

5) Don't be afraid to mix colors. I found out by trying several rounds of samples that my best foundation color is about 1/2 and 1/2 of Sandy Medium & Medium Summer. I love the mixing jar!

That's all I can think of right now...:).

I have to start by saying that I am usually a harsh critic but I can't say enough good things about EM. I have been fighting acne for as long as I can remember. For years I have been using Tinted Oxy as my foundation and Maybeline Shine Free pressed powder. I've been using EM for over a month now and I swear I think this stuff is making my face clear up...even when I forget to wash my face before I go to bed!

I'm such a dork now, I just love to put on my make up. I look forward to it every morning. I recommend taking my hints/advice and trying this today if you have skin similar to mine. I'm almost sad that they didn't offer this when I was in high school. I would've loved to have flawless skin back then.
continued >>

on 10/11/2007 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I ordered a full size tinted mineral dust, this stuff is great for setting the look, and the tinted is still really light, so I like it.

The customer service is awesome, I emailed a question and I got a personalized answer within 20 minutes.

I Love EM I cannot speak highly enough about them!