Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

3.9

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 4/23/2013 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff! I'm on my 5th or 6th jar. I brush a very light dusting of FD over my liquid foundation in the morning and my skin stays oil-free until late in the afternoon. My skin is very reactive to cosmetics - I will break out in horrible cystic pimples at the mere mention of an irritant but FD has never caused me any reaction. It looks soft and natural and doesn't change the colour of my foundation at all. It's brilliant stuff and I hope they never discontinue it or change the formula.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

i ordered a sample of this from everydayminerals.com along with some other items. this is what stood out to be the most and has become one of my favorite finishing powders. it looks like a pale yellow color but it is translucent on the face. if gives a nice naturally matte finish to my skin which is what i crave. not a bit fan of the "dewy" finish. i am planning on purchasing the full size very soon.

on 1/19/2010 1:46:00 PM

While I've recently become a big fan of EM, this powder is way too drying on me. Shortly after putting it on, bits of skin started peeling and scaling off all over the place. The thing is, I don't have truly dry skin--more like combination, it getting a bit drier in the winter in my dry patches and a bit oilier in my oily spots in the summer. So, would hate to think what this might be do to do to truly dry skin types. The only reason I'm not making this a one is that this might be a possibility for really oily skin. All the same, for those interested in this product, I'd recommend getting the sample sets/try me free options of EM powders before committing to a large size of this. Meanwhile, having tried samples of EM's powders, natural reflections seems to work best for me.

on 12/22/2009 11:01:00 AM

I normally really like translucent powders, but this one does nothing for my very oily skin. It has no staying power...I had to reapply after about 2 hours, and I blotted in between. It has a nice smoothing effect on the skin, but only for as long as it stays on.

on 9/2/2009 11:59:00 PM

This powder is the first mineral one that didn't make my face oily until I removed all my makeup (not that I wear alot). I didn't like the BE one, because after a while, it made my skin look really oily. If you like shiny makeup that slightly looks oily then BE powder might work for you. Today was the first I tried this for the whole day and it worked well. I think the price is okay for the quality but I don't like the container. Powder goes everywhere after each use. I will update for further review of the product..
9/16/09EDIT: still lovin' it =) ladies, if you have dehydrated combo skin like me, try this!

This powder is fantastic. Sometimes I don't wear any make up but I brush this over my face. I always look great in pics when I have this powder on, my skin (with a little redness in the cheeks) always looks smooth and even. Never seems to wear off and sets the rest of my make up well when I do wear more.
You can't beat the price and the ingredients are healthy. I think this is a great company.

i've been using a sample of this and so far, i think i like it. the first two days i used it, it controlled shine pretty well, but today i did get shiny. not sure why...i could have used too much moisturizer since i was scraping out the end of a lotion sample today and wanted to use it all. it's definitely the most finely-milled powder i've ever seen and leaves a beautiful satiny finish that glows but doesn't shine. I've been dipping the end of my flat top brush to pick some up and dab it in key areas: nose, chin, forehead, apples of cheeks, and then buff it in with the FTB, same as i do the foundation. i'll have to play some more to see if i can figure out exactly how to obtain the best shine control from this, but so far i'm impressed!

on 7/16/2008 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This finishing dust really doesn't do anything for me. It's a very fine powder that easily turns into a cloud of dust if you're not careful. It doesn't control shine for very long and it doesn't minimize my pores. I was hoping it would do those things plus "set" my makeup but it really doesn't do that either. Of course I do live in the south so I'm not sure if anything really helps keeping your makeup intact down here. :) I think I will try another finishing powder because I really do love EDM!

I LOVE THIS! It makes the end result of the makeup look soooo good and last all day! Even in Florida in the hot humid days it still manages to stay on and look good.

on 8/7/2007 4:07:00 PM

This works just like BE mineral veil for me. I use it when I have some excess shine going on my face, it works like a charm. I don't always use it though because the Intensive EM foundation is pretty matte already, but sometimes the shine comes through, and this helps tone it down. Or, if I am looking a little splotchy, I'll put some on and it helps even out my skin tone. The only thing I don't like, is if you put too much on, it looks a little white, or it might take some color out of my face.