Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

3.7

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 3/5/2016 12:08:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like EM's range of finishing powders. First, it tends to do what it suppose to do and second, I can even use it as a powder primer. The ingredients in their finishing powders is a short concise list, which is very reassuring, and like all EM products, it isn't expensive.

The Sunlight Finishing Dust and the Finishing Dust are the two I've tried. So far, I prefer the SFD although the FD is more mattifying than the SFD. Used in conjunction with my Tarte primer and EM foundation, it really help to keep my oily areas shine-free and my foundation to stay. I lightly dust it on with my RT powder brush as a finishing touch and I'm done!

on 7/18/2014 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Very nice finish, reasonable price. But not for dry skin.

I'm on the fence for this product. Hate the packaging cos the products gets all over the place when I open it. Good coverage. However, this powder is not as finely milled as other loose powders on the market. I love how ridiculously affordable this powder is! Def recommend if you're on a budget and looking for a good finishing loose powder.

on 3/6/2010 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product holds up oil, but not very well in my experience. I do have very oily skin and live in hot and humid place - if I wear this right after foundation without any primer/mattifying powder/gel, my face will be shiny in less than an hour. But if I apply silica powder from pureluxe before this finishing dust, my face will holds up oil in 6/7 hours. So..what's the point of using this finishing dust, anyway? overall, no, will not buy this product again, will stick to pureluxe silica

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have this in sunlight which is a light yellow based powder much better for me than the original which made me look pink. I do think this powder works very well for minimizing pores, and have used it over ( and under to make a smoother look ) pressed powder to lessen the cakiness that a pressed powder develops the more you apply. It works very well with the laura mercier tm in nude (in my opinion). Rather than use a big fluffy brush I use a puff and press it in my skin...you do have to be careful tho to exfoliate before hand , otherwise it will make flakeys noticeable...however, blotting it in the skin is what makes the pores almost vanish. It's not the best for oil control, but I am oily no matter what powder I use. It does take a lot tho for this powder to look cakey, so that's a plus.

on 5/12/2008 8:29:00 PM

For me, this product did not control any oil.
Made my skin shinier and oiler than I've ever experienced.
I think it made me break out a little.
Won't repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

been using this for a long time, seriously the only thing that has made a significant impact on my oilies!! i usually get oily by midday - shiny all over. but using finishing dust, i'm still looking healthy glowy by midday, and i'm rarely oily anymore ( i have used this product through winter, spring and summer). this is the final thing i put on after everything else on my face, but before mascara (dusting on loose powder makes it easier to remove mistakes and/or prevent smudges later on in the day)
its' very fine and does not leave a white cast. invest in a nice powder brush for this. i use body shop face/body powder brush.

on 12/17/2007 5:37:00 PM

In the winter time my cheek gets really dry and T-zone is very oily. I never expect this powder can keep my makeup flawless ALL DAY LONG without drying my skin!!! I love this so much!!!

on 5/2/2007 5:45:00 PM

This maybe helps the makeup set better, but I don't like the matte effect it has over the Original Glo. I'm pretty fond of the "Glo", and would rather just touch that up than kill the Glo with this powder.

on 4/29/2007 5:01:00 AM

EDM is just wonderful. I continue to try their products as they release new products. Their finishing dust is good, in fact I always keep a full sized jar in stock. For my normal skin, it tends to work well. I have heard some people complain that it doesn't last very long, particularly those with oily skin, but it works well for me. It keeps my make up looking fresh and it controls any oil in my face. It feels really good to put it on too. For those with super oily skin, I suggest looking into their Silk Dust, but be sure to sample that first with caution because those with extreme sensitivities may be allergic to that stuff. I have 2 full sizes of the Silk Dust and I personally love it too. It works extremely well and a little really goes a long way. It controls oil and shine really well.