Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

4.3

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This powder is great for putting over foundation and blush to blend everything out. It doesn't lighten the face notably. It has kept my oil at bay all day long. It hasn't seemed to cause any break outs or irritation. It doesn't look cakey, or cause foundations worn under it to appear cakey. It can make everything look nice and matte.

Although this is good, I still feel like something is lacking somewhere. It's good, but I'm not yet ready to say it is the best finishing powder I have ever experienced in my life. This is probably because I am wanting to try Meow Cosmetic's and Palladio's finishing powders before I commit to one.

All in all, this is a good powder and it delivers what it says it does. I wouldn't recommend this because I believe there are other powders that work just as well for a better price.

EDIT 9/20/13

This powder clogs my pores if I wear it too often/for too many days in a row. Because of that, I don't wear this powder much anymore. I have switched to Palladio Rice Powder in Translucent. I changed the overall rating from a 4 to a 3.

on 1/30/2013 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like this finishing powder. It doesnt get chalky when reaplying or morphs into orange during the day lika BE mineral veil does. Its very finely milled and helps keep the shine and oil way. It minimizes pores. This has never broken me out or given me an allergic reaction. I will keep repurschasing this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The BEST finishing powder (at least for me). It's truly sheer (unlike Bare Minerals sheer/original "Mineral Veil" which has an orange hue) and seems to wake up my skin. I use it with EM semi-matte foundation (the best, also), and it looks very natural, giving a lit from within glow. I have an oily T-zone and this controlled oil so well I didn't need a touch-up throughout the day (wow!). Application is effortless and produces an airbrushed/flawless finish. Love it. If you like Bare Minerals but dislike the quirks and high-maintenance, try Everyday Minerals.

on 4/24/2012 6:27:00 PM

An excellent finishing powder. Doesn't keep oil at bay all day, but surely helps. Lovely fine texture which paired with a good brush softens the rough edges.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Fantastic! Works just like Bare Escentuals' Mineral Veil. Gives your makeup a softness and definitely helps keep down on the oil production. I have a very mild oil problem in my t-zone. One light coat of this stuff keep the shine at bay all day! This is a must have when using any EM foundation!

on 6/28/2011 3:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I purchased this product because I really love EDM's semi-matte foundation, and it had so many good reviews. I use it as directed to "set" my foundation. No matter what brush I use, how long I buff, or how light or heavy handed I am, this just looks awful. It sits on top of the foundation. Without foundation, it just sits on the skin. I have sensitive combo skin and use moisturizer day and night. This powder creates dry patches around my nose, and on my forehead. It also cakes on the side of my nose where I wear my sunglasses, and around my lips. I'm not sure why everyone has had great results. I will definitely never buy this product again.

on 8/20/2010 10:30:00 AM

This is a nice finishing powder that EM says will "set your makeup and get rid of excess shine." It does that, but for me, only for a short amount of time. I get that airbrushed look, but only temporarily (translation = a couple of hours at most.) If you have normal to dry skin w/ no oily t-zone, then this should work for you. Me = I have an oily t-zone so I find their Kaolin anti-shine finishing powders to be more effective for me. I gave this a 3, but in reality its a 3.5.

I ordered free samples from EM, I had to pay only for the shipping ($2.82). I got 4 small samples (0.03 oz/1 g each) : finishing dust, sunlight finishing dust, kaolin powder sunlight, kaolin powder soft bronze. Today I tried the finishing dust and it gave me cystic acne on my chin by the afternoon. It's a very finely milled powder what gives very small coverage. It wouldn't be a problem for me, because I'm looking for a light powder over my Korres ginger & vitamins foundation, but I'm not gonna use this anymore. I hope I'll have better luck with kaolin powders.

Next day I tried the kaolin powder in sunlight, it looks pretty light in the container but turned darker on my skin after a couple hours but not this is the biggest problem with this powder. I don't have oily skin but this made my skin shiny only 1 hour after the first application and gives no coverage at all. It doesn't make me any sense to give money for a powder what has no coverage and no shine control. I'm still on the hunt to find the perfect finishing powder but I'm not sure that it will be mineral powder.

The mineral powders what I tried and wasn't satisfied with:
- Garden Botanika: She's a Natural Mineral Foundation (awful look)
- Christian Dior: Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Sculpting Powder Makeup SPF 10 (This is best of all but not matte enough and expensive)
- Bare Escentuals: Mineral Veil (loved the look but my skin was itching and burning)
- Physicians Formula pressed powder (awful look)
- L'oreal Bare Naturale gentle mineral powder - pressed powder (awful look)

I recommend this article to everybody about how "natural" mineral makeups are:

on 8/28/2009 4:12:00 PM

This is an amazing product!!! I used to use BE Mineral Veil, but this product is much better (and much cheaper)!!!! Gives my skin a flawless finish, and provides great oil control - highly recommend!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I recently got a sample of this from EM online, because I was in need of a decent powder to set my makeup and control shine. I really like this powder so far. It does a nice job of setting my makeup, and control shine pretty well (I have an oily T zone). I did notice one day after a few hours my face started to get a little oily, but not too much. This translucent powder is finely milled and leaves my skin feeling velvety. I think I will repurchase in the larger size when I run out.