Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

3.8

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 3/5/2016 12:08:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like EM's range of finishing powders. First, it tends to do what it suppose to do and second, I can even use it as a powder primer. The ingredients in their finishing powders is a short concise list, which is very reassuring, and like all EM products, it isn't expensive.

The Sunlight Finishing Dust and the Finishing Dust are the two I've tried. So far, I prefer the SFD although the FD is more mattifying than the SFD. Used in conjunction with my Tarte primer and EM foundation, it really help to keep my oily areas shine-free and my foundation to stay. I lightly dust it on with my RT powder brush as a finishing touch and I'm done!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is terrible. It settles down in lines, makes skin look older and duller. It also shows all the dry spots even if you have a few. It accents every single imperfection. It doesn't go on smooth. It is hard to apply with any brush. It feels like a scam, literally dust in the container. It is also pricey ($13 plus shipping on Amazon). I would not recommend this to anyone. They also sent me samples of bronzer and blush which were hard to blend and the colors were unnatural.

on 7/18/2014 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Very nice finish, reasonable price. But not for dry skin.

on 4/1/2013 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

works, gives me the matte finish i want. holds up to 3h more than my other powders. i have combination skin, really oily forehead/T-zone and dry cheeks.

won't be using it though. makes me break out like mad on my cheeks and not on my T-zone for some reason. i use it one day, next day i wake up with bumps all over the cheeks

im sure it works for other people, just not for me

on 12/30/2012 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Very, very similar to my favorite BE Mineral Veil!! Contains mainly cornstarch, which makes the pores look smaller, yet leaves no "white cast" like the silica powders do (and silica usually irritates my skin as well), especially when taking photos with flash...

Really, really nice powder well worth the money!! The only difference between this and the BE Mineral veil is the color; the BE is more cool/pinkish and this one (even the original shade, not the sunlight one) is more towards yellow....if compared besides each other...

Cornstarch is perfect for my extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin!!

I'm so used to my BE that I prefer it, but if I couldn't get it in time one day I'd reach for this...

Recommended!! :D

on 5/24/2012 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Really nice. If you have a shiny face, just put this one and it looks awesome! I've used it in my t-zone the most, and with it, it looks really good..

on 5/28/2011 1:09:00 PM

I don't know why I waited so long to try this stuff! I have EXTREMELY oily skin and have tried everything to no avail. I have tried so many different foundations, primers, powders, etc. I got a sample of this and was shocked at how it kept the oil away. I figured it must have been a fluke. Well, I've been using this now for about six months and it works so well that I forget I even have oily skin. If you have normal or dry skin don't even bother using this. Sometimes I don't even have to reapply it during the day, or if I do it's only once. Before using it I had to blot my face at least five times a day, re-powder at least four times, and then reapply foundation and powder at least once. Now I put on my foundation (Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Make-up), dust on this powder, and I'm good to go for the day. I used their Kaolin powder before this stuff, but didn't really like it. I'm hooked for life! I really hope they never discontinue it. I think the key ingredient in this is the cornstarch. And it's cheap and lasts me several months.

I bought this product a long time ago along with a few of their powder foundations. I really had no use for it because I didn't need another finishing powder on top of powder foundation. I rediscovered this product recently and found a great way to use it. Because it's winter time right now, and my skin is on the drier side (especially on my cheeks), I am using a cream foundation (Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse). I usually set my foundation with MAC MSF Natural. But it started to look a little chalky because my skin is so dry right now. I realized that I needed a loose powder instead of a pressed powder to reduce the look of dryness and skin flakes. I saw the Finishing Dust on my counter and decided to dust a layer of it over my cream foundation. It doesn't give any more coverage, and is so finely milled that it doesn't accentuate bad skin texture or dryness. I've been wearing it everyday recently, and my mom even said that she thought my skin looked a lot healthier. Great affordable product if you use it with the right foundation.

on 12/19/2010 6:09:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Excellent finishing powder for when I need it. This is the first one I've found to be foolproof and does not settle into fine lines or irritate my sensitive skin. It does not turn into an oil slick or flake. The packaging is annoying as it gets everywhere, but since I don't use it often, it's fine. Also, the full size is likely to last a life time.

on 8/20/2010 10:30:00 AM

This is a nice finishing powder that EM says will "set your makeup and get rid of excess shine." It does that, but for me, only for a short amount of time. I get that airbrushed look, but only temporarily (translation = a couple of hours at most.) If you have normal to dry skin w/ no oily t-zone, then this should work for you. Me = I have an oily t-zone so I find their Kaolin anti-shine finishing powders to be more effective for me. I gave this a 3, but in reality its a 3.5.