Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

3.6

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

this finishing dust did help me dry up the oils on my face when I needed to touch up but it didn't work any better then my elf loose powder which is easier to get your hands on and half the price. it made the skin feel nice but didn't do anything special really but wasn't terrible

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is terrible. It settles down in lines, makes skin look older and duller. It also shows all the dry spots even if you have a few. It accents every single imperfection. It doesn't go on smooth. It is hard to apply with any brush. It feels like a scam, literally dust in the container. It is also pricey ($13 plus shipping on Amazon). I would not recommend this to anyone. They also sent me samples of bronzer and blush which were hard to blend and the colors were unnatural.

on 4/23/2013 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff! I'm on my 5th or 6th jar. I brush a very light dusting of FD over my liquid foundation in the morning and my skin stays oil-free until late in the afternoon. My skin is very reactive to cosmetics - I will break out in horrible cystic pimples at the mere mention of an irritant but FD has never caused me any reaction. It looks soft and natural and doesn't change the colour of my foundation at all. It's brilliant stuff and I hope they never discontinue it or change the formula.

I'm on the fence for this product. Hate the packaging cos the products gets all over the place when I open it. Good coverage. However, this powder is not as finely milled as other loose powders on the market. I love how ridiculously affordable this powder is! Def recommend if you're on a budget and looking for a good finishing loose powder.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

i ordered a sample of this from everydayminerals.com along with some other items. this is what stood out to be the most and has become one of my favorite finishing powders. it looks like a pale yellow color but it is translucent on the face. if gives a nice naturally matte finish to my skin which is what i crave. not a bit fan of the "dewy" finish. i am planning on purchasing the full size very soon.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Fantastic! Works just like Bare Escentuals' Mineral Veil. Gives your makeup a softness and definitely helps keep down on the oil production. I have a very mild oil problem in my t-zone. One light coat of this stuff keep the shine at bay all day! This is a must have when using any EM foundation!

on 5/28/2011 1:09:00 PM

I don't know why I waited so long to try this stuff! I have EXTREMELY oily skin and have tried everything to no avail. I have tried so many different foundations, primers, powders, etc. I got a sample of this and was shocked at how it kept the oil away. I figured it must have been a fluke. Well, I've been using this now for about six months and it works so well that I forget I even have oily skin. If you have normal or dry skin don't even bother using this. Sometimes I don't even have to reapply it during the day, or if I do it's only once. Before using it I had to blot my face at least five times a day, re-powder at least four times, and then reapply foundation and powder at least once. Now I put on my foundation (Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Make-up), dust on this powder, and I'm good to go for the day. I used their Kaolin powder before this stuff, but didn't really like it. I'm hooked for life! I really hope they never discontinue it. I think the key ingredient in this is the cornstarch. And it's cheap and lasts me several months.

I ordered free samples from EM, I had to pay only for the shipping ($2.82). I got 4 small samples (0.03 oz/1 g each) : finishing dust, sunlight finishing dust, kaolin powder sunlight, kaolin powder soft bronze. Today I tried the finishing dust and it gave me cystic acne on my chin by the afternoon. It's a very finely milled powder what gives very small coverage. It wouldn't be a problem for me, because I'm looking for a light powder over my Korres ginger & vitamins foundation, but I'm not gonna use this anymore. I hope I'll have better luck with kaolin powders.

Next day I tried the kaolin powder in sunlight, it looks pretty light in the container but turned darker on my skin after a couple hours but not this is the biggest problem with this powder. I don't have oily skin but this made my skin shiny only 1 hour after the first application and gives no coverage at all. It doesn't make me any sense to give money for a powder what has no coverage and no shine control. I'm still on the hunt to find the perfect finishing powder but I'm not sure that it will be mineral powder.

The mineral powders what I tried and wasn't satisfied with:
- Garden Botanika: She's a Natural Mineral Foundation (awful look)
- Christian Dior: Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Sculpting Powder Makeup SPF 10 (This is best of all but not matte enough and expensive)
- Bare Escentuals: Mineral Veil (loved the look but my skin was itching and burning)
- Physicians Formula pressed powder (awful look)
- L'oreal Bare Naturale gentle mineral powder - pressed powder (awful look)

I recommend this article to everybody about how "natural" mineral makeups are:

on 12/22/2009 11:01:00 AM

I normally really like translucent powders, but this one does nothing for my very oily skin. It has no staying power...I had to reapply after about 2 hours, and I blotted in between. It has a nice smoothing effect on the skin, but only for as long as it stays on.

It is a decent setting powder for makeup. Makes yr face flawless and it does help to control shine. However, the packaging is reli bad. It can be very messy.