Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

3.5

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 4/23/2013 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff! I'm on my 5th or 6th jar. I brush a very light dusting of FD over my liquid foundation in the morning and my skin stays oil-free until late in the afternoon. My skin is very reactive to cosmetics - I will break out in horrible cystic pimples at the mere mention of an irritant but FD has never caused me any reaction. It looks soft and natural and doesn't change the colour of my foundation at all. It's brilliant stuff and I hope they never discontinue it or change the formula.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This powder is great for putting over foundation and blush to blend everything out. It doesn't lighten the face notably. It has kept my oil at bay all day long. It hasn't seemed to cause any break outs or irritation. It doesn't look cakey, or cause foundations worn under it to appear cakey. It can make everything look nice and matte.

Although this is good, I still feel like something is lacking somewhere. It's good, but I'm not yet ready to say it is the best finishing powder I have ever experienced in my life. This is probably because I am wanting to try Meow Cosmetic's and Palladio's finishing powders before I commit to one.

All in all, this is a good powder and it delivers what it says it does. I wouldn't recommend this because I believe there are other powders that work just as well for a better price.

EDIT 9/20/13

This powder clogs my pores if I wear it too often/for too many days in a row. Because of that, I don't wear this powder much anymore. I have switched to Palladio Rice Powder in Translucent. I changed the overall rating from a 4 to a 3.

on 1/30/2013 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like this finishing powder. It doesnt get chalky when reaplying or morphs into orange during the day lika BE mineral veil does. Its very finely milled and helps keep the shine and oil way. It minimizes pores. This has never broken me out or given me an allergic reaction. I will keep repurschasing this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The BEST finishing powder (at least for me). It's truly sheer (unlike Bare Minerals sheer/original "Mineral Veil" which has an orange hue) and seems to wake up my skin. I use it with EM semi-matte foundation (the best, also), and it looks very natural, giving a lit from within glow. I have an oily T-zone and this controlled oil so well I didn't need a touch-up throughout the day (wow!). Application is effortless and produces an airbrushed/flawless finish. Love it. If you like Bare Minerals but dislike the quirks and high-maintenance, try Everyday Minerals.

on 5/24/2012 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Really nice. If you have a shiny face, just put this one and it looks awesome! I've used it in my t-zone the most, and with it, it looks really good..

on 6/28/2011 3:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I purchased this product because I really love EDM's semi-matte foundation, and it had so many good reviews. I use it as directed to "set" my foundation. No matter what brush I use, how long I buff, or how light or heavy handed I am, this just looks awful. It sits on top of the foundation. Without foundation, it just sits on the skin. I have sensitive combo skin and use moisturizer day and night. This powder creates dry patches around my nose, and on my forehead. It also cakes on the side of my nose where I wear my sunglasses, and around my lips. I'm not sure why everyone has had great results. I will definitely never buy this product again.

on 1/19/2010 1:46:00 PM

While I've recently become a big fan of EM, this powder is way too drying on me. Shortly after putting it on, bits of skin started peeling and scaling off all over the place. The thing is, I don't have truly dry skin--more like combination, it getting a bit drier in the winter in my dry patches and a bit oilier in my oily spots in the summer. So, would hate to think what this might be do to do to truly dry skin types. The only reason I'm not making this a one is that this might be a possibility for really oily skin. All the same, for those interested in this product, I'd recommend getting the sample sets/try me free options of EM powders before committing to a large size of this. Meanwhile, having tried samples of EM's powders, natural reflections seems to work best for me.

on 12/14/2009 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Love love love this product, really controls shine.

I don't use this over my mineral foundation. I find that it works better over a tinted moisturiser, which really helps to cut that greasy look.

In the Try Me Kit, EDM sends you the Finishing Powder, Kaolin Clay and Natural Reflections. Natural Reflections, which making my pores look smaller, is not good for oily skin. It also has a strange tinge of colour to it that did not sit well with my skin. Kaolin Clay does nothing to control oil, even though it's supposed to. The best is the Finishing Powder, controls oil and does not interfere with the base colour.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I recently got a sample of this from EM online, because I was in need of a decent powder to set my makeup and control shine. I really like this powder so far. It does a nice job of setting my makeup, and control shine pretty well (I have an oily T zone). I did notice one day after a few hours my face started to get a little oily, but not too much. This translucent powder is finely milled and leaves my skin feeling velvety. I think I will repurchase in the larger size when I run out.

on 7/22/2008 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use the Sunlight Finishing Dust. I LOVE IT.

I used BE Mineral Veil before trying this product. And I really do love it and find that it works just as well or better than the Mineral Veil. The dust is very finely milled and it doesn't take much to work. One of the better benefits is that this shade of the Finishing Dust is more forgiving [so I'm told] than the regular finishing dust and it doesn't turn my face chalky or anything. Yet it is very translucent.

It is a vital part of my makeup routine and I feel it helps with oil-control. If you do not have issues with corn starch I highly recommend this product. I tried the Silk Dust and I found that it emphasized my pores, where this powder did not. It is soft and cool to the touch.