Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I mostly use the finishing dust in a 50/50 ratio with the intensive foundation. It gives the area around my nose flawless coverage without the cakey problems. I don't know why, but using the foundation by itself just looks horrible on my nose!
The combination of the two makes it look like I didn't put anything on! I love the results!
As for the finishing dust by itself, I don't really see much change in my appearance (as in pore size, setting my makeup, etc.), but I will definitely be purchasing it again for combined use with the intensive foundation :)

on 6/2/2008 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I sampled this when I sampled a few Everyday Minerals foundation. Honestly I don't think it did a thing for me. It did not keep my oily skin matte for any longer than normal. It didn't make my foundation last longer than normal. Whatever this product is supposed to do, it didn't work for me.

on 1/12/2008 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

(Please see my pictures for a full-size before and after makeover of Everyday Minerals)

I have just recently switched to EM after cautiously reading and comparing EM to BE on this website. I have very oily skin, usually have to wipe off oil 1/2 way throughout my work day and again when I get home...which means I'm easily acceptable to acne.

I tried several rounds of the samples. It took a few times to figure out the best color on me and how to apply it. Here are my tips:

1) I still felt like I had to wipe oil off 1/2 through the day until I purchased the FINISHING DUST. This made a huge difference in cutting down the greasiness. (Just make sure you moisturize well, I imagine on dry skin it would make it really dry!)

2) A GOOD BRUSH MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE! I bought a cheap $5 brush at Ulta to try the samples and I finally ordered the flat-top Kabuki brush from EM's website. You will not find a cheaper, more awesome brush out there. This puts it on so flawless, I look airbrushed afterwards! I have NEVER experienced any make up like it before.

3) A little bit goes a long, long way! You can always apply more, so start out using a dab. The first time I tried the foundation on (I chose the wrong color which didn't help) I looked like the Hulk. My face looked like clay-mation. lol

4) I felt like the intense foundation was a bit too intense :)... so I just stick to matte shades and the Finishing Dust.

5) Don't be afraid to mix colors. I found out by trying several rounds of samples that my best foundation color is about 1/2 and 1/2 of Sandy Medium & Medium Summer. I love the mixing jar!

That's all I can think of right now...:).

I have to start by saying that I am usually a harsh critic but I can't say enough good things about EM. I have been fighting acne for as long as I can remember. For years I have been using Tinted Oxy as my foundation and Maybeline Shine Free pressed powder. I've been using EM for over a month now and I swear I think this stuff is making my face clear up...even when I forget to wash my face before I go to bed!

I'm such a dork now, I just love to put on my make up. I look forward to it every morning. I recommend taking my hints/advice and trying this today if you have skin similar to mine. I'm almost sad that they didn't offer this when I was in high school. I would've loved to have flawless skin back then.
continued >>

on 6/4/2006 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This is much better than BE Mineral Veil, this doesn't affect my makeup at all like BE did