Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

4.2

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 9/17/2012 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have very oily skin but after applying this in the t-zone it leaves my face matte almost all day long with a silky finish. I have never used a better finsihing powder. Be careful to not apply too much though, it is prone to give you the look of dipping your face in flour if you use to much, and I also don't think this is for a person with dry skin.
The packaging is not very good because the jar is so small (in height) so if you bring it with you and it goes upside down and shaky in your bag, when you open it the powder is everywhere. So i keep it lid up at home.
I use it after Este Lauder Double Wear foundation.

on 4/13/2009 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have an extremely oily T-Zone, so without a good finishing/setting powder, I have to blot within 30-45 minutes of applying my makeup. Prior to trying out the finishing dust, I was using Bare Escentual's Mineral Veil (which I loved but was on the pricier side), so I was driven to try this!
[ PROS ] - very good price; really sets my foundation; controls oil/shine very well (with it, I have to blot maybe every ~2 hours); can tone down an over-application of blush
[ CONS ] - poor packaging (even with the new EDM jars, this can get messy); using too much may result in chalkiness
With all of the above in consideration, I would repurchase this product (granted I do not find a better replacement).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to try this finishing powder to compare it to the other ones EM has in their line. I like the rice finishing powder, however the finishing dust doesn't seem to adhere to my skin. I only use half as much powder as I normally would, and it goes everywhere! It helps to set my makeup, but it's annoying that I would have a couple powder spots here and there and would need to brush it away.

on 12/22/2008 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have now repurchased this about 5 times! I cannot go a day without wearing it, it cuts down on SO MUCH shine! I only have to apply it once in the morning on top of my EDM foundation, and I stay matte all day long. Not TOO matte though, still glowy. But definitely way less oil. Its great! I used to rave about Mineral Veil by Bare Escentuals, but this is 10 times better.

on 5/22/2008 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Fantastic product! It smooths out your skin and controls oil reasonably well. Even though I do get oily after a few hours, my foundation stays on longer and the colour is much better. Boyfriend says my face is soo smooth when I wear this, hehe.
Edit: No comparison with MAC blot.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wore this powder on a hot and humid day and then noticed that it had created clumps of white powder on my face where I had perspired! Ack! I have never had a powder do this before! Thinking that it must be a fluke, I wore it again and the same thing happened. Oh well. It did give me a nice finish, but the white powdery globs are a deal-breaker for me. UPDATE: Now that it is winter time and I am not sweating, I have been using this again, and I really like it! As long as the weather is not hot and humid I don't have the clumping problem, and this powder gives a lovely sheer finish that is not too dry, cakey, powdery. (Therefore I am increasing my original rating). However, I still wouldn't use it in the summer.

on 11/26/2006 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I wasn't sure how I was going to like this stuff. It's much whiter than loose powders I normally use, so I was afraid of it looking cakey. I don't know how well it would work with liquid foundation, but with the mineral foundation, it works well. Does not go on white or cakey. I did have to buff it in really well, more than I would with regular powder, but it lasted all day on my oily skin. It definitely works better when you use a kabuki brush to apply it.

on 9/29/2006 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product is remarkable. I love EM and have been obsessively buying foundation and blushes in shade after shade, but I was skeptical of this dust. I finally broke down after reading the reviews here, and I was so impressed I felt compelled to write my own review. My pores look much smaller, no oily breakthrough during the day at all, no melting of makeup. My skin feels silky smooth all day, not greasy, and just like the name says, I look "finished". I use the premium kabuki blush and it goes on perfectly.

on 7/15/2006 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this as a free gift from a kit!! So generous of them :D I like this powder cuz it's really light and really translucent(which is perfect for setting eye shadows), works well under and over my Everyday Minerals foundation. It is just the finest powder I have ever tried. I don't have the kind of money to spend on Chanel powders so I can't compare, but at this price, you can't get any better than this. Even when I re-apply it's still smooth and light. Some loose powders get really blotchy when you re-apply it during the day. LOVE!

on 5/19/2006 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is called their Finishing Dust. It works beautifully on my oily skin. The finish is like a very fine, silky dust that sets my foundation very naturally. It helps to control my oil also.