Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

3.6

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 3/5/2016 12:08:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like EM's range of finishing powders. First, it tends to do what it suppose to do and second, I can even use it as a powder primer. The ingredients in their finishing powders is a short concise list, which is very reassuring, and like all EM products, it isn't expensive.

The Sunlight Finishing Dust and the Finishing Dust are the two I've tried. So far, I prefer the SFD although the FD is more mattifying than the SFD. Used in conjunction with my Tarte primer and EM foundation, it really help to keep my oily areas shine-free and my foundation to stay. I lightly dust it on with my RT powder brush as a finishing touch and I'm done!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is terrible. It settles down in lines, makes skin look older and duller. It also shows all the dry spots even if you have a few. It accents every single imperfection. It doesn't go on smooth. It is hard to apply with any brush. It feels like a scam, literally dust in the container. It is also pricey ($13 plus shipping on Amazon). I would not recommend this to anyone. They also sent me samples of bronzer and blush which were hard to blend and the colors were unnatural.

on 4/1/2013 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

works, gives me the matte finish i want. holds up to 3h more than my other powders. i have combination skin, really oily forehead/T-zone and dry cheeks.

won't be using it though. makes me break out like mad on my cheeks and not on my T-zone for some reason. i use it one day, next day i wake up with bumps all over the cheeks

im sure it works for other people, just not for me

on 12/30/2012 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Very, very similar to my favorite BE Mineral Veil!! Contains mainly cornstarch, which makes the pores look smaller, yet leaves no "white cast" like the silica powders do (and silica usually irritates my skin as well), especially when taking photos with flash...

Really, really nice powder well worth the money!! The only difference between this and the BE Mineral veil is the color; the BE is more cool/pinkish and this one (even the original shade, not the sunlight one) is more towards yellow....if compared besides each other...

Cornstarch is perfect for my extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin!!

I'm so used to my BE that I prefer it, but if I couldn't get it in time one day I'd reach for this...

Recommended!! :D

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Fantastic! Works just like Bare Escentuals' Mineral Veil. Gives your makeup a softness and definitely helps keep down on the oil production. I have a very mild oil problem in my t-zone. One light coat of this stuff keep the shine at bay all day! This is a must have when using any EM foundation!

on 3/6/2010 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product holds up oil, but not very well in my experience. I do have very oily skin and live in hot and humid place - if I wear this right after foundation without any primer/mattifying powder/gel, my face will be shiny in less than an hour. But if I apply silica powder from pureluxe before this finishing dust, my face will holds up oil in 6/7 hours. So..what's the point of using this finishing dust, anyway? overall, no, will not buy this product again, will stick to pureluxe silica

I have oily cheeks and nose,and I just didn't think it was that awesome. I oil blot anyways and the Intensive foundation holds up really well to oil,so I guess this just wasn't even necessary. I put it on and I didn't see any noticeable delay in my oily appearance.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got this as part of my set to set my foundation. Honestly, it did nothing for me. So I just kind of stopped using it.

to me it's just mediocre. it minimizes pores for one or two hours and that's it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have this in sunlight which is a light yellow based powder much better for me than the original which made me look pink. I do think this powder works very well for minimizing pores, and have used it over ( and under to make a smoother look ) pressed powder to lessen the cakiness that a pressed powder develops the more you apply. It works very well with the laura mercier tm in nude (in my opinion). Rather than use a big fluffy brush I use a puff and press it in my skin...you do have to be careful tho to exfoliate before hand , otherwise it will make flakeys noticeable...however, blotting it in the skin is what makes the pores almost vanish. It's not the best for oil control, but I am oily no matter what powder I use. It does take a lot tho for this powder to look cakey, so that's a plus.