Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

4.1

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

this finishing dust did help me dry up the oils on my face when I needed to touch up but it didn't work any better then my elf loose powder which is easier to get your hands on and half the price. it made the skin feel nice but didn't do anything special really but wasn't terrible

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Bad. Just...really bad.

EM has a great color match for my skin - golden fair, but this...this is just bad.

I don't understand. It gets such good reviews. On me it settles into pores, cakes, and makes the skin at the side of my nose look gross (it's a bit rougher there).

It's basically tinted cornstarch.

I'm pitching mine.

So bad.

For many years I used Everyday Minerals products for foundation, powder and blush, but eventually I switched to liquid foundations and haven't really ever looked back! I recently moved and have yet to bring all my makeup with me to my new place so every time I go back to visit my parents, I bring a few more items with me (that way the OH won't realise just how big my collection is as it will grow bit by bit...). I came across a half finished pot of EDM Finishing Dust and thought I would just bring it with me, as you always need finishing powder, especially if you're as oily as I am. Anyway, I started using this over my Mac Pro Longwear foundation and I was blown away! It gave me a velvety finish to my skin and definitely helped to keep the oil away even longer. It helped to blur out the texture of my skin and created a very smooth yet not artificial looking surface to my skin. I tried this with my BB cream as well and it gave the same effect. I'm NC15 and it didn't alter the colour of my foundation in any way. I will definitely be re-purchasing once I have finished my current finishing powder.

I'm on the fence for this product. Hate the packaging cos the products gets all over the place when I open it. Good coverage. However, this powder is not as finely milled as other loose powders on the market. I love how ridiculously affordable this powder is! Def recommend if you're on a budget and looking for a good finishing loose powder.

on 8/3/2012 3:48:00 AM

I got a sample of this and wasn't really eager to try it since I just bought Estee Lauder's Lucidity powder and wasn't looking for anything new.
Well, dang...this stuff is amazing! It creates a flawless finish, is truly transluscent, and is the first powder that managed to keep my skin look oil-free for 2+ hours (I'm an oily mess and have to blot every hour during summer). When I reapplied it to control shine, it didn't look cakey like many other powders tend to do. No oxidation...no irritation...no nothing. Just flawless skin. Definitely will be ordering full size. Sorry Estee :(

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

i ordered a sample of this from everydayminerals.com along with some other items. this is what stood out to be the most and has become one of my favorite finishing powders. it looks like a pale yellow color but it is translucent on the face. if gives a nice naturally matte finish to my skin which is what i crave. not a bit fan of the "dewy" finish. i am planning on purchasing the full size very soon.

on 5/28/2011 1:09:00 PM

I don't know why I waited so long to try this stuff! I have EXTREMELY oily skin and have tried everything to no avail. I have tried so many different foundations, primers, powders, etc. I got a sample of this and was shocked at how it kept the oil away. I figured it must have been a fluke. Well, I've been using this now for about six months and it works so well that I forget I even have oily skin. If you have normal or dry skin don't even bother using this. Sometimes I don't even have to reapply it during the day, or if I do it's only once. Before using it I had to blot my face at least five times a day, re-powder at least four times, and then reapply foundation and powder at least once. Now I put on my foundation (Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Make-up), dust on this powder, and I'm good to go for the day. I used their Kaolin powder before this stuff, but didn't really like it. I'm hooked for life! I really hope they never discontinue it. I think the key ingredient in this is the cornstarch. And it's cheap and lasts me several months.

I bought this product a long time ago along with a few of their powder foundations. I really had no use for it because I didn't need another finishing powder on top of powder foundation. I rediscovered this product recently and found a great way to use it. Because it's winter time right now, and my skin is on the drier side (especially on my cheeks), I am using a cream foundation (Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse). I usually set my foundation with MAC MSF Natural. But it started to look a little chalky because my skin is so dry right now. I realized that I needed a loose powder instead of a pressed powder to reduce the look of dryness and skin flakes. I saw the Finishing Dust on my counter and decided to dust a layer of it over my cream foundation. It doesn't give any more coverage, and is so finely milled that it doesn't accentuate bad skin texture or dryness. I've been wearing it everyday recently, and my mom even said that she thought my skin looked a lot healthier. Great affordable product if you use it with the right foundation.

on 8/20/2010 10:30:00 AM

This is a nice finishing powder that EM says will "set your makeup and get rid of excess shine." It does that, but for me, only for a short amount of time. I get that airbrushed look, but only temporarily (translation = a couple of hours at most.) If you have normal to dry skin w/ no oily t-zone, then this should work for you. Me = I have an oily t-zone so I find their Kaolin anti-shine finishing powders to be more effective for me. I gave this a 3, but in reality its a 3.5.

I ordered free samples from EM, I had to pay only for the shipping ($2.82). I got 4 small samples (0.03 oz/1 g each) : finishing dust, sunlight finishing dust, kaolin powder sunlight, kaolin powder soft bronze. Today I tried the finishing dust and it gave me cystic acne on my chin by the afternoon. It's a very finely milled powder what gives very small coverage. It wouldn't be a problem for me, because I'm looking for a light powder over my Korres ginger & vitamins foundation, but I'm not gonna use this anymore. I hope I'll have better luck with kaolin powders.

Next day I tried the kaolin powder in sunlight, it looks pretty light in the container but turned darker on my skin after a couple hours but not this is the biggest problem with this powder. I don't have oily skin but this made my skin shiny only 1 hour after the first application and gives no coverage at all. It doesn't make me any sense to give money for a powder what has no coverage and no shine control. I'm still on the hunt to find the perfect finishing powder but I'm not sure that it will be mineral powder.

The mineral powders what I tried and wasn't satisfied with:
- Garden Botanika: She's a Natural Mineral Foundation (awful look)
- Christian Dior: Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Sculpting Powder Makeup SPF 10 (This is best of all but not matte enough and expensive)
- Bare Escentuals: Mineral Veil (loved the look but my skin was itching and burning)
- Physicians Formula pressed powder (awful look)
- L'oreal Bare Naturale gentle mineral powder - pressed powder (awful look)

I recommend this article to everybody about how "natural" mineral makeups are: