Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

4.6

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 4/24/2012 6:27:00 PM

An excellent finishing powder. Doesn't keep oil at bay all day, but surely helps. Lovely fine texture which paired with a good brush softens the rough edges.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just got this after reading all the great reviews here. Thank you ladies, again you have led me in the right direction. Used underneath and over my EM foundation my makeup stayed put all day and I only had to blot a couple times all day. Which is really saying something as I usually blot every hour. LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!

Love this powder!

I've always been the type of person to use a loose powder to "set" my makeup when I'm done (no letting all that hard work go to pot!), and this is my HG of finishing powders.

It is SO finely milled, it seems to just float on over my makeup. It appears lightly tinted, but it doesn't show on my face, and it really completes the "airbrushed" look. Unlike the silkdust from Everyday Minerals, this doesn't have any of the weird black bits in it.

It keeps everything soft and put together, and my skin feels wonderful!

My only misgiving is the packaging. Like all EM products, I just don't find the containers all that user friendly - unless you put the lids on VERY carefully, they can get stuck. And if you don't want powder everywhere the next day, you must be sure they lay very flat.

I am extremely impressed with this powder. The Everyday Minerals foundations are good but when you combine them with Finishing Dust they are FANTASTIC. In fact, I was also extremely impressed when I used Finishing Dust to set my other liquid foundation. I had no idea that a finishing powder could make such a difference. I highly recommend this!!!! It made my pores disappear.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This blows BE mineral veil outta the water. It makes you look airbrushed! Its just exquisite and so reasonably priced. I use it over my eyeshadow base and on my T- zone, then to touch up during the day. LOVE!

on 5/26/2007 2:19:00 PM

Great great product. Keeps my face looking matte and feeling very smooth, and I love the effect it has on my upper chest.. Looks and feels nice and smooth.. Definitely a keeper..

on 5/1/2007 8:35:00 PM

I agree that this finishing dust works much better at controlling oil than BE's mineral veil, and I have very oily skin. I use this to set my foundation, whether it be mineral foundation, or liquid, and even with my oily skin (and depending on the quality of the skin care regimen with which I'm experimenting on any given day), it's comparatively long-lasting. Additionally, a little goes a long way. Good product.

on 4/29/2007 5:01:00 AM

EDM is just wonderful. I continue to try their products as they release new products. Their finishing dust is good, in fact I always keep a full sized jar in stock. For my normal skin, it tends to work well. I have heard some people complain that it doesn't last very long, particularly those with oily skin, but it works well for me. It keeps my make up looking fresh and it controls any oil in my face. It feels really good to put it on too. For those with super oily skin, I suggest looking into their Silk Dust, but be sure to sample that first with caution because those with extreme sensitivities may be allergic to that stuff. I have 2 full sizes of the Silk Dust and I personally love it too. It works extremely well and a little really goes a long way. It controls oil and shine really well.

on 11/11/2006 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff!!! No chemicals, no preservatives and when I put it on over my minerals it adds a beautiful softening effect. The price is dirt cheap. This is a keeper.

on 9/29/2006 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a sample from EM after reading the rave reviews here, but I guess it's for more oily-skinned gals. It felt really cakey on my skin and thick, no matter how much I tried to apply it lightly. I guess I don't produce as much oil as this is intended for....just not the product for me. Good price though! Recommended for oilier skins.