Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Filtered by skin type : Other
Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

4.5

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 12/19/2010 6:09:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Excellent finishing powder for when I need it. This is the first one I've found to be foolproof and does not settle into fine lines or irritate my sensitive skin. It does not turn into an oil slick or flake. The packaging is annoying as it gets everywhere, but since I don't use it often, it's fine. Also, the full size is likely to last a life time.

on 5/10/2008 3:15:00 AM

This is my second favorite finishing powder. I prefer Ocean Mist's Silken Perfection. I like this product better in quality and price than Bare Escentuals mineral veil.

Now this is nice stuff even if they're foundations are clogging and zit producing, at least I may keep this. It works well and it's soft and silky and doesn't clog.

on 1/30/2008 10:55:00 AM

the grains are too HUGE, it would scratch your skin. i gave it a 3 because it has good stuff in it. would buy it IF the grains are micro-fine but not as they are right now.

on 9/23/2007 12:24:00 AM

The loose finishing powders are the best on the market for the high quality of ingredients (organic and natural) and the most affordable prices offered. I have tried the Finishing Dust, Tinted Silk Dust, and Tinted Balancing Powder. My favorite is the Tinted Balancing Powder because it helps control oil and it gives my skin a porcelain look.

I use the Tinted Silk Dust as a primer because it is transluscent and contains amino acids and other ingredients good for your skin. After applying the EM matte powder foundation, I finish it off with the Tinted Balancing Powder. My skin has never looked better and have received numerous compliments from family, friends and strangers.

I highly recommend the finishing powders as well as the other EM products.

on 9/28/2006 11:17:00 PM

MY HG LOOSE POWDER! I love this product so much! It's perfect for setting my liquid concealer, and for dusting over my liquid or mineral foundation to control oil. I usually don't have to touch up with pressed powder until the evening sometime when it really doesn't matter for me. It's so light and it has no color, that's awesome. Try it, you won't waste your money!

on 9/26/2006 3:41:00 AM

I got this in a sample pack and didnt even pick it up and use it for a month! When I did finally get round to using it I thought wow this is great. I use Avene 40+ spray and find it a bit shiny,oily. I apply this a few minutes after applying my sunscreen (before makeup) and it really mattifies my sunscreen. In fact I find it only works to do this when I apply it before makeup. When I tried it after applying my MMU it just wasnt the same. I seem to need less MMU when I use this first as it seems to make my skin look better even though its very light in colour. I will be buying a full size of this for sure:)

on 9/16/2006 10:07:00 PM

UPDATE 9/17: Ok I looked at my face after using this... up close and with my glasses on and I have to say WOW!!! I hadn't noticed before but this stuff also made my pores disappear and made my makeup appear more blended. I am utterly SOLD for sure now. A can't live without it since I am going to use this makeup. END UPDATE> I received EM Finishing Dust in my second sample kit still trying to find my colors for my skin tone. I love the Intensive formulas. Their coverage is excellent. I tried Finshing Dust right away since I have been dealing with a bit of oily breakthrough in the middle of the day in my T-Zone. This stuff is fantastic. It instantly turned my face silky to the touch and stopped the shiny breakthrough. Freshened my makeup without adding weight or build up and made my makeup look like I just applied it. This is a keeper. I will buy this in my full size kit for sure.

on 9/15/2006 5:38:00 PM

I recently purchased a Bare Escentuals starter kit, but I decided to try the Everyday Minerals sample kit at the same time (if I choose EM, I can return the BE kit within 60 days and use the same money to purchase an EM kit). After a few uses of each product (BE Mineral Veil vs. EM Finishing Dust), I feel that they are almost exactly the same. In the future, I will probably be using a combination of EM and BE products, since I am completely satisfied with both sets. EM is great for the cheaper prices; however, BE has a boutique near my house, so if I am in a pinch, BE is much more convenient.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Just tried the Balancing Dust sample and it seems to cover shine better than the regular Finishing Dust--which did nada for me as cutting down/controlling shine. Only gripe it is Very Light like Mineral Veil, not sure if this would work on anyone who is darker than me; Light to slighly medium complexion. Just be sure you exfoliate your skin of any rough spots as the powder will easily catch ( I know duh, but its really white and you have to really buff it in). I thought this powder was going to be more flesh toned?) So far would consider purchasing but only if included in a kit.