Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Bad. Just...really bad.

EM has a great color match for my skin - golden fair, but this...this is just bad.

I don't understand. It gets such good reviews. On me it settles into pores, cakes, and makes the skin at the side of my nose look gross (it's a bit rougher there).

It's basically tinted cornstarch.

I'm pitching mine.

So bad.

on 3/5/2016 12:08:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like EM's range of finishing powders. First, it tends to do what it suppose to do and second, I can even use it as a powder primer. The ingredients in their finishing powders is a short concise list, which is very reassuring, and like all EM products, it isn't expensive.

The Sunlight Finishing Dust and the Finishing Dust are the two I've tried. So far, I prefer the SFD although the FD is more mattifying than the SFD. Used in conjunction with my Tarte primer and EM foundation, it really help to keep my oily areas shine-free and my foundation to stay. I lightly dust it on with my RT powder brush as a finishing touch and I'm done!

on 7/18/2014 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Very nice finish, reasonable price. But not for dry skin.

For many years I used Everyday Minerals products for foundation, powder and blush, but eventually I switched to liquid foundations and haven't really ever looked back! I recently moved and have yet to bring all my makeup with me to my new place so every time I go back to visit my parents, I bring a few more items with me (that way the OH won't realise just how big my collection is as it will grow bit by bit...). I came across a half finished pot of EDM Finishing Dust and thought I would just bring it with me, as you always need finishing powder, especially if you're as oily as I am. Anyway, I started using this over my Mac Pro Longwear foundation and I was blown away! It gave me a velvety finish to my skin and definitely helped to keep the oil away even longer. It helped to blur out the texture of my skin and created a very smooth yet not artificial looking surface to my skin. I tried this with my BB cream as well and it gave the same effect. I'm NC15 and it didn't alter the colour of my foundation in any way. I will definitely be re-purchasing once I have finished my current finishing powder.

on 4/1/2013 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

works, gives me the matte finish i want. holds up to 3h more than my other powders. i have combination skin, really oily forehead/T-zone and dry cheeks.

won't be using it though. makes me break out like mad on my cheeks and not on my T-zone for some reason. i use it one day, next day i wake up with bumps all over the cheeks

im sure it works for other people, just not for me

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This powder is great for putting over foundation and blush to blend everything out. It doesn't lighten the face notably. It has kept my oil at bay all day long. It hasn't seemed to cause any break outs or irritation. It doesn't look cakey, or cause foundations worn under it to appear cakey. It can make everything look nice and matte.

Although this is good, I still feel like something is lacking somewhere. It's good, but I'm not yet ready to say it is the best finishing powder I have ever experienced in my life. This is probably because I am wanting to try Meow Cosmetic's and Palladio's finishing powders before I commit to one.

All in all, this is a good powder and it delivers what it says it does. I wouldn't recommend this because I believe there are other powders that work just as well for a better price.

EDIT 9/20/13

This powder clogs my pores if I wear it too often/for too many days in a row. Because of that, I don't wear this powder much anymore. I have switched to Palladio Rice Powder in Translucent. I changed the overall rating from a 4 to a 3.

on 1/30/2013 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like this finishing powder. It doesnt get chalky when reaplying or morphs into orange during the day lika BE mineral veil does. Its very finely milled and helps keep the shine and oil way. It minimizes pores. This has never broken me out or given me an allergic reaction. I will keep repurschasing this.

on 12/30/2012 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Very, very similar to my favorite BE Mineral Veil!! Contains mainly cornstarch, which makes the pores look smaller, yet leaves no "white cast" like the silica powders do (and silica usually irritates my skin as well), especially when taking photos with flash...

Really, really nice powder well worth the money!! The only difference between this and the BE Mineral veil is the color; the BE is more cool/pinkish and this one (even the original shade, not the sunlight one) is more towards yellow....if compared besides each other...

Cornstarch is perfect for my extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin!!

I'm so used to my BE that I prefer it, but if I couldn't get it in time one day I'd reach for this...

Recommended!! :D

on 9/17/2012 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have very oily skin but after applying this in the t-zone it leaves my face matte almost all day long with a silky finish. I have never used a better finsihing powder. Be careful to not apply too much though, it is prone to give you the look of dipping your face in flour if you use to much, and I also don't think this is for a person with dry skin.
The packaging is not very good because the jar is so small (in height) so if you bring it with you and it goes upside down and shaky in your bag, when you open it the powder is everywhere. So i keep it lid up at home.
I use it after Este Lauder Double Wear foundation.

on 8/3/2012 3:48:00 AM

I got a sample of this and wasn't really eager to try it since I just bought Estee Lauder's Lucidity powder and wasn't looking for anything new.
Well, dang...this stuff is amazing! It creates a flawless finish, is truly transluscent, and is the first powder that managed to keep my skin look oil-free for 2+ hours (I'm an oily mess and have to blot every hour during summer). When I reapplied it to control shine, it didn't look cakey like many other powders tend to do. No oxidation...no irritation...no nothing. Just flawless skin. Definitely will be ordering full size. Sorry Estee :(