Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

4.1

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

For many years I used Everyday Minerals products for foundation, powder and blush, but eventually I switched to liquid foundations and haven't really ever looked back! I recently moved and have yet to bring all my makeup with me to my new place so every time I go back to visit my parents, I bring a few more items with me (that way the OH won't realise just how big my collection is as it will grow bit by bit...). I came across a half finished pot of EDM Finishing Dust and thought I would just bring it with me, as you always need finishing powder, especially if you're as oily as I am. Anyway, I started using this over my Mac Pro Longwear foundation and I was blown away! It gave me a velvety finish to my skin and definitely helped to keep the oil away even longer. It helped to blur out the texture of my skin and created a very smooth yet not artificial looking surface to my skin. I tried this with my BB cream as well and it gave the same effect. I'm NC15 and it didn't alter the colour of my foundation in any way. I will definitely be re-purchasing once I have finished my current finishing powder.

on 4/23/2013 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff! I'm on my 5th or 6th jar. I brush a very light dusting of FD over my liquid foundation in the morning and my skin stays oil-free until late in the afternoon. My skin is very reactive to cosmetics - I will break out in horrible cystic pimples at the mere mention of an irritant but FD has never caused me any reaction. It looks soft and natural and doesn't change the colour of my foundation at all. It's brilliant stuff and I hope they never discontinue it or change the formula.

on 1/30/2013 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like this finishing powder. It doesnt get chalky when reaplying or morphs into orange during the day lika BE mineral veil does. Its very finely milled and helps keep the shine and oil way. It minimizes pores. This has never broken me out or given me an allergic reaction. I will keep repurschasing this.

on 12/30/2012 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Very, very similar to my favorite BE Mineral Veil!! Contains mainly cornstarch, which makes the pores look smaller, yet leaves no "white cast" like the silica powders do (and silica usually irritates my skin as well), especially when taking photos with flash...

Really, really nice powder well worth the money!! The only difference between this and the BE Mineral veil is the color; the BE is more cool/pinkish and this one (even the original shade, not the sunlight one) is more towards yellow....if compared besides each other...

Cornstarch is perfect for my extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin!!

I'm so used to my BE that I prefer it, but if I couldn't get it in time one day I'd reach for this...

Recommended!! :D

on 9/17/2012 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have very oily skin but after applying this in the t-zone it leaves my face matte almost all day long with a silky finish. I have never used a better finsihing powder. Be careful to not apply too much though, it is prone to give you the look of dipping your face in flour if you use to much, and I also don't think this is for a person with dry skin.
The packaging is not very good because the jar is so small (in height) so if you bring it with you and it goes upside down and shaky in your bag, when you open it the powder is everywhere. So i keep it lid up at home.
I use it after Este Lauder Double Wear foundation.

on 8/3/2012 3:48:00 AM

I got a sample of this and wasn't really eager to try it since I just bought Estee Lauder's Lucidity powder and wasn't looking for anything new.
Well, dang...this stuff is amazing! It creates a flawless finish, is truly transluscent, and is the first powder that managed to keep my skin look oil-free for 2+ hours (I'm an oily mess and have to blot every hour during summer). When I reapplied it to control shine, it didn't look cakey like many other powders tend to do. No oxidation...no irritation...no nothing. Just flawless skin. Definitely will be ordering full size. Sorry Estee :(

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

i ordered a sample of this from everydayminerals.com along with some other items. this is what stood out to be the most and has become one of my favorite finishing powders. it looks like a pale yellow color but it is translucent on the face. if gives a nice naturally matte finish to my skin which is what i crave. not a bit fan of the "dewy" finish. i am planning on purchasing the full size very soon.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The BEST finishing powder (at least for me). It's truly sheer (unlike Bare Minerals sheer/original "Mineral Veil" which has an orange hue) and seems to wake up my skin. I use it with EM semi-matte foundation (the best, also), and it looks very natural, giving a lit from within glow. I have an oily T-zone and this controlled oil so well I didn't need a touch-up throughout the day (wow!). Application is effortless and produces an airbrushed/flawless finish. Love it. If you like Bare Minerals but dislike the quirks and high-maintenance, try Everyday Minerals.

on 4/24/2012 6:27:00 PM

An excellent finishing powder. Doesn't keep oil at bay all day, but surely helps. Lovely fine texture which paired with a good brush softens the rough edges.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Fantastic! Works just like Bare Escentuals' Mineral Veil. Gives your makeup a softness and definitely helps keep down on the oil production. I have a very mild oil problem in my t-zone. One light coat of this stuff keep the shine at bay all day! This is a must have when using any EM foundation!