Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

4.1

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Bad. Just...really bad.

EM has a great color match for my skin - golden fair, but this...this is just bad.

I don't understand. It gets such good reviews. On me it settles into pores, cakes, and makes the skin at the side of my nose look gross (it's a bit rougher there).

It's basically tinted cornstarch.

I'm pitching mine.

So bad.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is terrible. It settles down in lines, makes skin look older and duller. It also shows all the dry spots even if you have a few. It accents every single imperfection. It doesn't go on smooth. It is hard to apply with any brush. It feels like a scam, literally dust in the container. It is also pricey ($13 plus shipping on Amazon). I would not recommend this to anyone. They also sent me samples of bronzer and blush which were hard to blend and the colors were unnatural.

on 6/28/2011 3:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I purchased this product because I really love EDM's semi-matte foundation, and it had so many good reviews. I use it as directed to "set" my foundation. No matter what brush I use, how long I buff, or how light or heavy handed I am, this just looks awful. It sits on top of the foundation. Without foundation, it just sits on the skin. I have sensitive combo skin and use moisturizer day and night. This powder creates dry patches around my nose, and on my forehead. It also cakes on the side of my nose where I wear my sunglasses, and around my lips. I'm not sure why everyone has had great results. I will definitely never buy this product again.

I ordered free samples from EM, I had to pay only for the shipping ($2.82). I got 4 small samples (0.03 oz/1 g each) : finishing dust, sunlight finishing dust, kaolin powder sunlight, kaolin powder soft bronze. Today I tried the finishing dust and it gave me cystic acne on my chin by the afternoon. It's a very finely milled powder what gives very small coverage. It wouldn't be a problem for me, because I'm looking for a light powder over my Korres ginger & vitamins foundation, but I'm not gonna use this anymore. I hope I'll have better luck with kaolin powders.

Next day I tried the kaolin powder in sunlight, it looks pretty light in the container but turned darker on my skin after a couple hours but not this is the biggest problem with this powder. I don't have oily skin but this made my skin shiny only 1 hour after the first application and gives no coverage at all. It doesn't make me any sense to give money for a powder what has no coverage and no shine control. I'm still on the hunt to find the perfect finishing powder but I'm not sure that it will be mineral powder.

The mineral powders what I tried and wasn't satisfied with:
- Garden Botanika: She's a Natural Mineral Foundation (awful look)
- Christian Dior: Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Sculpting Powder Makeup SPF 10 (This is best of all but not matte enough and expensive)
- Bare Escentuals: Mineral Veil (loved the look but my skin was itching and burning)
- Physicians Formula pressed powder (awful look)
- L'oreal Bare Naturale gentle mineral powder - pressed powder (awful look)

I recommend this article to everybody about how "natural" mineral makeups are:

I have oily cheeks and nose,and I just didn't think it was that awesome. I oil blot anyways and the Intensive foundation holds up really well to oil,so I guess this just wasn't even necessary. I put it on and I didn't see any noticeable delay in my oily appearance.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got this as part of my set to set my foundation. Honestly, it did nothing for me. So I just kind of stopped using it.

on 6/30/2008 4:49:00 PM

It does nothing for my oily skin. The fact that after applying EDM foundation even my oily skin looks and feel dry, but it still gets oily afterwards, so I still need finishing loose powder on top but Finishing Dust doesn't help at any stage.

I'm now using Guerlain loose powder (yes I know it's not mineral powder but it helps my oily skin in this humid weather) and very pleased with it.

Will try Start To Finish powder...

on 5/12/2008 8:29:00 PM

For me, this product did not control any oil.
Made my skin shinier and oiler than I've ever experienced.
I think it made me break out a little.
Won't repurchase.

Okay, to be honest...BE Mineral Veil is a much better product. This works in a pinch but it doesn't control oilies very well. In addition, its a pain to travel with because of the packaging (the top of the container isn't very secure). I notice my T-zone gets so much shinier with EM than with BE but if I dust my nose with this 2-3x to get rid of the shine, then it gets cakey and settles into the pores on my nose...NOT the look I'm going for. This works fine for a back up...use once in a blue moon--when nothing else is handy, or I've run out of mineral veil but that's about it and NO I won't repurchase.

on 3/21/2008 8:40:00 PM

I love EM foundation, but this product doesn't cut it. I have really oily skin and this kept it at bay for maybe an hour or two. I didn't realize until I did a little research that cornstarch may clog pores...which I think was happening with this. I had little acne bumps all over my forehead and around my nose. I stopped using this because of the cornstarch ingredient. They make all their foundations with 4 natural ingredients that shouldn't clog pores.. I wonder why they used cornstarch for this product. I now order my oil-controlling powder from L.A. Minerals because they use different ingredients and it's more friendly to my skin! LA Minerals is a good company too... but I still love the color selection from Everyday Minerals, so i'm sticking with EM!