Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Filtered by age: 44-55
Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

4.7

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 4/23/2013 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff! I'm on my 5th or 6th jar. I brush a very light dusting of FD over my liquid foundation in the morning and my skin stays oil-free until late in the afternoon. My skin is very reactive to cosmetics - I will break out in horrible cystic pimples at the mere mention of an irritant but FD has never caused me any reaction. It looks soft and natural and doesn't change the colour of my foundation at all. It's brilliant stuff and I hope they never discontinue it or change the formula.

on 4/24/2012 6:27:00 PM

An excellent finishing powder. Doesn't keep oil at bay all day, but surely helps. Lovely fine texture which paired with a good brush softens the rough edges.

on 8/20/2010 10:30:00 AM

This is a nice finishing powder that EM says will "set your makeup and get rid of excess shine." It does that, but for me, only for a short amount of time. I get that airbrushed look, but only temporarily (translation = a couple of hours at most.) If you have normal to dry skin w/ no oily t-zone, then this should work for you. Me = I have an oily t-zone so I find their Kaolin anti-shine finishing powders to be more effective for me. I gave this a 3, but in reality its a 3.5.

I am extremely impressed with this powder. The Everyday Minerals foundations are good but when you combine them with Finishing Dust they are FANTASTIC. In fact, I was also extremely impressed when I used Finishing Dust to set my other liquid foundation. I had no idea that a finishing powder could make such a difference. I highly recommend this!!!! It made my pores disappear.

on 10/21/2006 9:25:00 AM

I love this product. I have combination skin and am always having to reapply powder on my t-zone. I hardly ever have to reapply,(if at all) with this powder. It blends into my skin and looks great!

on 9/26/2006 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C

This i got as part of the free sample kit.I have tried the bare escentuals before with awful allergic reactions so that said i dont believe i would have tried this without reading the great makeup reviews by all the previous reviewers. Added to that this company offers a free sample kit-you pay about $3 for S&H only.I have DSPW.
Initially i put on the foundation without applying moisturizer and my face felt bumpy and coarse. The next day i applied the foundation using a generous amount of moisturizer before foundation along with a spritz of the avene thermal water between the foundation and the finishing dust and WOW. No bumps, no coarseness-my skin feels smooth, my skin tone is even, the staying power is incredible, i havent needed any touch up at all. I can rub my face and it does not come off-i have no problem taking it off at night. Normally my pores are a little clogged but with this i notice a significant decrease in pore size with my makeup off. I probably wont have to use the DDF sulfur mask that frequently.
Awsome-would definately recommend.
The price is $10 for 13g.

on 9/16/2006 10:07:00 PM

UPDATE 9/17: Ok I looked at my face after using this... up close and with my glasses on and I have to say WOW!!! I hadn't noticed before but this stuff also made my pores disappear and made my makeup appear more blended. I am utterly SOLD for sure now. A can't live without it since I am going to use this makeup. END UPDATE> I received EM Finishing Dust in my second sample kit still trying to find my colors for my skin tone. I love the Intensive formulas. Their coverage is excellent. I tried Finshing Dust right away since I have been dealing with a bit of oily breakthrough in the middle of the day in my T-Zone. This stuff is fantastic. It instantly turned my face silky to the touch and stopped the shiny breakthrough. Freshened my makeup without adding weight or build up and made my makeup look like I just applied it. This is a keeper. I will buy this in my full size kit for sure.