Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Filtered by age: 36-43
Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

4.1

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Bad. Just...really bad.

EM has a great color match for my skin - golden fair, but this...this is just bad.

I don't understand. It gets such good reviews. On me it settles into pores, cakes, and makes the skin at the side of my nose look gross (it's a bit rougher there).

It's basically tinted cornstarch.

I'm pitching mine.

So bad.

on 3/5/2016 12:08:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like EM's range of finishing powders. First, it tends to do what it suppose to do and second, I can even use it as a powder primer. The ingredients in their finishing powders is a short concise list, which is very reassuring, and like all EM products, it isn't expensive.

The Sunlight Finishing Dust and the Finishing Dust are the two I've tried. So far, I prefer the SFD although the FD is more mattifying than the SFD. Used in conjunction with my Tarte primer and EM foundation, it really help to keep my oily areas shine-free and my foundation to stay. I lightly dust it on with my RT powder brush as a finishing touch and I'm done!

on 7/18/2014 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Very nice finish, reasonable price. But not for dry skin.

this is my #1 favorite product. i used to use Bare Mineral's mineral veil before, but not anymore.
this Finishing Dust is way more work wonder! it absorbs oil completely. morning fresh look stay till the end of evening with this finishing powder. i'll buy this again. definitely =)

on 7/22/2008 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use the Sunlight Finishing Dust. I LOVE IT.

I used BE Mineral Veil before trying this product. And I really do love it and find that it works just as well or better than the Mineral Veil. The dust is very finely milled and it doesn't take much to work. One of the better benefits is that this shade of the Finishing Dust is more forgiving [so I'm told] than the regular finishing dust and it doesn't turn my face chalky or anything. Yet it is very translucent.

It is a vital part of my makeup routine and I feel it helps with oil-control. If you do not have issues with corn starch I highly recommend this product. I tried the Silk Dust and I found that it emphasized my pores, where this powder did not. It is soft and cool to the touch.

on 7/16/2008 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This finishing dust really doesn't do anything for me. It's a very fine powder that easily turns into a cloud of dust if you're not careful. It doesn't control shine for very long and it doesn't minimize my pores. I was hoping it would do those things plus "set" my makeup but it really doesn't do that either. Of course I do live in the south so I'm not sure if anything really helps keeping your makeup intact down here. :) I think I will try another finishing powder because I really do love EDM!

Okay, to be honest...BE Mineral Veil is a much better product. This works in a pinch but it doesn't control oilies very well. In addition, its a pain to travel with because of the packaging (the top of the container isn't very secure). I notice my T-zone gets so much shinier with EM than with BE but if I dust my nose with this 2-3x to get rid of the shine, then it gets cakey and settles into the pores on my nose...NOT the look I'm going for. This works fine for a back up...use once in a blue moon--when nothing else is handy, or I've run out of mineral veil but that's about it and NO I won't repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just got this after reading all the great reviews here. Thank you ladies, again you have led me in the right direction. Used underneath and over my EM foundation my makeup stayed put all day and I only had to blot a couple times all day. Which is really saying something as I usually blot every hour. LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!

on 9/29/2007 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This created a nice smooth finish over my mineral foundation and toned down the color so it was closer to my skin tone. I actually combine this with slightly darker colors of mineral make-up that I have and it works beautifully that way as well.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wore this powder on a hot and humid day and then noticed that it had created clumps of white powder on my face where I had perspired! Ack! I have never had a powder do this before! Thinking that it must be a fluke, I wore it again and the same thing happened. Oh well. It did give me a nice finish, but the white powdery globs are a deal-breaker for me. UPDATE: Now that it is winter time and I am not sweating, I have been using this again, and I really like it! As long as the weather is not hot and humid I don't have the clumping problem, and this powder gives a lovely sheer finish that is not too dry, cakey, powdery. (Therefore I am increasing my original rating). However, I still wouldn't use it in the summer.