Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Filtered by age: 30-35
Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is terrible. It settles down in lines, makes skin look older and duller. It also shows all the dry spots even if you have a few. It accents every single imperfection. It doesn't go on smooth. It is hard to apply with any brush. It feels like a scam, literally dust in the container. It is also pricey ($13 plus shipping on Amazon). I would not recommend this to anyone. They also sent me samples of bronzer and blush which were hard to blend and the colors were unnatural.

on 1/30/2013 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like this finishing powder. It doesnt get chalky when reaplying or morphs into orange during the day lika BE mineral veil does. Its very finely milled and helps keep the shine and oil way. It minimizes pores. This has never broken me out or given me an allergic reaction. I will keep repurschasing this.

on 12/30/2012 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Very, very similar to my favorite BE Mineral Veil!! Contains mainly cornstarch, which makes the pores look smaller, yet leaves no "white cast" like the silica powders do (and silica usually irritates my skin as well), especially when taking photos with flash...

Really, really nice powder well worth the money!! The only difference between this and the BE Mineral veil is the color; the BE is more cool/pinkish and this one (even the original shade, not the sunlight one) is more towards yellow....if compared besides each other...

Cornstarch is perfect for my extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin!!

I'm so used to my BE that I prefer it, but if I couldn't get it in time one day I'd reach for this...

Recommended!! :D

on 6/28/2011 3:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I purchased this product because I really love EDM's semi-matte foundation, and it had so many good reviews. I use it as directed to "set" my foundation. No matter what brush I use, how long I buff, or how light or heavy handed I am, this just looks awful. It sits on top of the foundation. Without foundation, it just sits on the skin. I have sensitive combo skin and use moisturizer day and night. This powder creates dry patches around my nose, and on my forehead. It also cakes on the side of my nose where I wear my sunglasses, and around my lips. I'm not sure why everyone has had great results. I will definitely never buy this product again.

I ordered free samples from EM, I had to pay only for the shipping ($2.82). I got 4 small samples (0.03 oz/1 g each) : finishing dust, sunlight finishing dust, kaolin powder sunlight, kaolin powder soft bronze. Today I tried the finishing dust and it gave me cystic acne on my chin by the afternoon. It's a very finely milled powder what gives very small coverage. It wouldn't be a problem for me, because I'm looking for a light powder over my Korres ginger & vitamins foundation, but I'm not gonna use this anymore. I hope I'll have better luck with kaolin powders.

Next day I tried the kaolin powder in sunlight, it looks pretty light in the container but turned darker on my skin after a couple hours but not this is the biggest problem with this powder. I don't have oily skin but this made my skin shiny only 1 hour after the first application and gives no coverage at all. It doesn't make me any sense to give money for a powder what has no coverage and no shine control. I'm still on the hunt to find the perfect finishing powder but I'm not sure that it will be mineral powder.

The mineral powders what I tried and wasn't satisfied with:
- Garden Botanika: She's a Natural Mineral Foundation (awful look)
- Christian Dior: Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Sculpting Powder Makeup SPF 10 (This is best of all but not matte enough and expensive)
- Bare Escentuals: Mineral Veil (loved the look but my skin was itching and burning)
- Physicians Formula pressed powder (awful look)
- L'oreal Bare Naturale gentle mineral powder - pressed powder (awful look)

I recommend this article to everybody about how "natural" mineral makeups are:

on 3/6/2010 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product holds up oil, but not very well in my experience. I do have very oily skin and live in hot and humid place - if I wear this right after foundation without any primer/mattifying powder/gel, my face will be shiny in less than an hour. But if I apply silica powder from pureluxe before this finishing dust, my face will holds up oil in 6/7 hours. So..what's the point of using this finishing dust, anyway? overall, no, will not buy this product again, will stick to pureluxe silica

on 1/19/2010 1:46:00 PM

While I've recently become a big fan of EM, this powder is way too drying on me. Shortly after putting it on, bits of skin started peeling and scaling off all over the place. The thing is, I don't have truly dry skin--more like combination, it getting a bit drier in the winter in my dry patches and a bit oilier in my oily spots in the summer. So, would hate to think what this might be do to do to truly dry skin types. The only reason I'm not making this a one is that this might be a possibility for really oily skin. All the same, for those interested in this product, I'd recommend getting the sample sets/try me free options of EM powders before committing to a large size of this. Meanwhile, having tried samples of EM's powders, natural reflections seems to work best for me.

on 9/5/2009 11:41:00 PM

I am a loyal Sheer Cover user for a year now , and I've always hated their ordering process and shipping fees. It's a rip off and the shipment is so confusing and inconsistent. After hearing the raves about this product on youtube, I decided to give it a try. I ordered samples for free and only paid $3.00 for shipping. The best part is, my package arrived in 3 business days!!

I tried the Winged Butter Original glo today with Finishing Dust and I am impressed!! I love how my skin looks and Finishing Dust made all the difference because it minimizes my pores especially on my nose. I am placing the full size order now.

UPDATE: This is making my skin too dry in the fall, I can't imagine using this in the winter.

on 8/28/2009 4:12:00 PM

This is an amazing product!!! I used to use BE Mineral Veil, but this product is much better (and much cheaper)!!!! Gives my skin a flawless finish, and provides great oil control - highly recommend!!!!

This powder is fantastic. Sometimes I don't wear any make up but I brush this over my face. I always look great in pics when I have this powder on, my skin (with a little redness in the cheeks) always looks smooth and even. Never seems to wear off and sets the rest of my make up well when I do wear more.
You can't beat the price and the ingredients are healthy. I think this is a great company.