4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

Just received the e/s Herb in my latest Cherry Culture order. It's a very nice subdued olive green. I've worn this a couple of times and I really like it. Because I have hazel eyes with a lot of olive green in them, I feel like this actually looks rather neutral on me. Nice amount of shimmer. Not over the top at all IMHO. Very nice for daytime. It compliments my eye color without screaming bright green. The texture is very nice. NYX makes great e/s for the price. I feel like I will get a lot of use out of this shadow.

About reviewer (143 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairGrey, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

8 years ago

This is a very good eyeshadow. Very pigmented, soft and blendable. And the color is gorgeous! As some people has noted before, it is very similar to Milani's Antique Gold, but it's also similar to Essence's Olive Garden. The three of them are extremely look alike yet still different. Antique Gold is much more bronze. Herb is more dark and green with a slight browny tint. Olive Garden is in between this two but with a much more golden sheen, and is more bright and metallic. I'd recommend all three of them but since Antique Gold is long discontinnued, either Herb or Olive Garden will be excellent choices, depending on your preference.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

8 years ago

Beautiful color- it's a elegant mixture forest green and bronze with a golden sheen. It's great to wear day time and night time. The warm color looks very pretty on olive/Asian skin. I highly recommend this color!

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

8 years ago

A warm tone khaki green with gold/bronze shimmer and a silky smooth texture. This is a darker, greener version of nyx antique gold. I like to wear this shade over black eyeliner, for a slight smokey look, paired with a neutral color as a wash.

About reviewer (192 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

8 years ago

I put yes as a repurchase for the eye shadow but I've never had to repurchase the same color before because they last my forever. I don't use that much. This color is really lovely and I thought this blended very well with gold. I'm quickly becoming a fan of NYX!

About reviewer (276 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

9 years ago

NYX eyeshadow in Herb is a pretty shimmery olive green/snakeskin color. I think the texture of the eyeshadow is pretty smooth and really makes brown eyes stand out. I don't think the shimmer is overpowering and for the price, I would definitely repurchase this product!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

9 years ago

I realllyy like NYX single eyeshadow. I have yet to buy one I don't like. (I have 4 so far and plan on getting more) Herb is a pea type green. Some same it's a dupe for a MAC eyeshadow. I forget the name. I don't own MAC (except like 2 pigments) so I couldn't tell you. I do like the color. The consistency is nice. The packaging is nice. It's very pigmented. You don't need to use much at all. It looks very good with a smokey eye or layered/blending look.

About reviewer (410 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

2.0

9 years ago

I got the chrome version for this. When I first swatched it on the store it look like a gorgeous antique gold with hints of green in it. I purchased it right away, since I was looking for a gold e/s and the green didn't bother me as it compliments my eye colour. But then I put it on my lid, and...No matter what I pair it with, looks like a cheap, old lady green on me. I have it just laying around, trying to figure out an use to it. Really dissappointed me.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesHazel

10 years ago

For me, NYX single shadows are kinda hit and miss. I just bought Morocco which is a deep gorgeous purple when swatched on my arm, but when I applied it yesterday it was a little "patchy" and a bit disappointing tho I wound up with a nice look, but I'll still give it another chance. Anyway--onto this gorgeous HERB shadow. It's a beautiful army "OD Green" color--which I really like. I have had this for almost a year and just used it for the first time today (I know I know! I have ALOT of shadows--lol) and it really pleased me. I used Shu Uemura IR Beige 850 on the inner lid and inner crease and this lovely Herb on the outer lid and outer crease, BE Glamourista (a med dark green with gold sparkles) in the deep creases and Mac Your Ladyship pigment on browbone and I blended the browbone and crease color line with a little BE Oasis. Btw--if any of you are not doing a separate deeper color in your outer deep creases (using a small pencil or stubby brush) you are truly missing out on giving your eye looks a whole new dimension. Anyway--Herb really applied well. Very pigmented and smooth and buttery. NOT patchy in the slightest. I highly recommend this. My look today came out simply gorgeous so I'll be using this again and again. I'm gonna try it with several other combinations. Glad I finally tried this !

About reviewer (62 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Other

HairBrown

3.0

10 years ago

Herb is an almost identical dupe for UD chains e/s, except chains has a slightly more golden sheen to it. I swatched them side by side and had to look hard to see the difference. I like it, but I already own chains so up for swap this goes.

About reviewer (136 reviews)

Age36-43