OPI Blue My Mind

OPI Blue My Mind

3.8

on 3/26/2016 2:57:00 PM

Pretty but not that special. OPI's Blue My Mind is a vivid, bright, royal blue that dries to a super-shiny finish on the nail.

Its formula isn't the best, this polish goes on very sheer. It took three coats for me to get it fully opaque. Surprising for a color this dark.

Overall, I liked it but I didn't love it. I prefer Zoya's Song or China Glaze's Blue Year's Eve for a royal blue polish.

Wouldn't buy this again.

on 3/24/2016 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a beautiful cobalt blue polish. It is a bit on the metalic side and has no shimmer. Blue My Mind is quite shiney on it's own without a top coat. With a top coat it really shines.

The first coat is a bit streaky and sheer. With two coats I got full opacity. I can't speak to drying time as I used a QDTC - SH Insta-Dri. The texture is nice and smooth but the consistency is a bit runny, so be careful upon application so that you don't color outside the lines!

This comes packaged in the standard OPI polish bottle w/the Pro Wide brush. The brush works really well for application.

OPI runs about $10 per bottle but you can often find them on sale for less. I would repurchase as I really love this color blue.

I will update in a few days on the wear.

UPDATE: I got good wear with this polish. It didn't chip until the 4th day of wear. Pretty typical for my polishes.

To Read all 39 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/6/2014 4:49:00 PM

I usually stay away from dark colors when it comes to nailpolish, but I just couldn't resist this clear, blue color. I need long nails to rock this, or else it turns out a little "emo" on my tiny hands.

The color itself is just stunning, and it's also an "all around the year" type of color. Goes along with summer just as good as winter. It's super classy and such a royal look! I will probably wear this A LOT in december. The very first time this lovely swatch caught my eye in the store, I knew it was coming home with me. The color itself simply just stands out. It's quite pigmented as well. One layer will cover a lot, but I do prefer at least two coats of this. It will look even fuller.

Final summation:
Sweet dreams are made of this, so go buy it asap.

on 10/24/2013 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Love this colour! Its quite a metallic blue, but as others have said, 1st coat is just so streaky! I usually apply two coats but it would be better with three because two can still look uneven. Not sure if I would repurchase because the formulation isn't great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this color! I usually stick to reds and pinks, but this is a great, vibrant blue. It's a little sheer, so I generally have to put on a few coats.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Blue my Mind is from the original OPI Brights collection released in 2005.

It is a bright royal blue with a metallic sheen. It is true blue (no green undertones), very glossy looking and in the sun this colour just glows!

I bought this colour at the airport en route to a tropical holiday destination, My case already contained about 7 bottles of OPI and when I saw how vibrant this blue was, gleaming away on the OPI stand....I just had to have it!

The colour looks great on fingers and toes, especially with a tan.
It compliments denims, any nautical colour themed outfits and I also think it looks great with bright yellows and other citrus colours as a contrast (love this on my toes when I wear my bright orange Jimmy Choo sandals).

I also think this colour is great for making a patriotic statement (red/ white/ blue)

I also have OPI Swimsuit Nailed which I thought may be a bit similar, but they are very different - SNI is a foil with a leaning to turquoise..this is royal blue - so worth having both.
This colour is also a good base for various glitters to get different effects e.g.
OPI Absolutely Alice - for a full on blue look
OPI Rainbow connection - something more colourful...

Application is smooth and easy, but as with a lot of bright/dark colours, you need a steady hand, as mistakes really show up.

You can get away with 2 coats for this polish, but for an absolutely perfect finish that looks like blue satin - I use 3.

Does it stain the nails? - NO! Extra points for this as many blues do.

I love this colour. It is great for all year around and one of my favourite blues.
I would score this 5 and would buy it again, unless OPI make a similar one with a more exciting name.

on 7/10/2012 4:28:00 PM

This polish is pretty sheer. It takes 3 coats for the best effect.
That is my only complaint.
I love love LOVE this color! It's so shimmery and electric! The formula's good, too. Solid nail polish. Spices of my normal neutral polish collection.

on 5/25/2012 8:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Beautiful, rich royal blue with shimmer, for me opaque after two coats. Perfect for a Memorial day or 4th of July pedicure :). Dries very quickly with no streaks and application is smooth and even. Looks gorgeous next to my fair, (slightly tanned) skin.

This is one of my favorite polishes in my whole collection. I'm a sucker for midnight blues, its probably my favorite color. I saw this beautiful shimmery midnight blue color at my local drugstore and just had to buy it. Its opaque after three coats and has a beautiful sparkling finish. I love to use this with OPI Gold Shatter on the top to make my nails look like a starry sky.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

It's most beautiful indigo ever, It's verry long lasting, 3 coats are enogugh for a long lasting color, it amaaaazing

Popular Polishes