4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

14 years ago

I have the kind of awful nails that fray and split as soon as they're past the quick, and this is the only things that has ever helped. Using it every other day helps them to grow out, and then I only use it occasionally for absolutely perfect, strong nails. There is just nothing like it, and I've used every strengthener out there!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal

EyesHazel

14 years ago

Oh! I LOOOOOVE this Nail Hardener! Can`t live without!!! It`s THE best! I have used this for years & have long, beautiful natural nails. Before this they where REALLY awful. Packaging Quality is awful though.

About reviewer (160 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

15 years ago

I'm giving this a positive rating because it did work by hardening the tips of my nails where I had applied it. You can expect results by the end of two weeks of constant application, but I won't recommend using this for someone who is like me, with a fungal infection of the nail, because it will only make matters worse. It is also quite expensive too for such a small bottle, so it should be applied very sparingly.

About reviewer (105 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

15 years ago

I have been using this in conjuction with Nail envy for about 5-6 months. My nails no longer split this alone didn't help with the strenth part but for the spliting this worked great. My nails are in great shape. The cost spread out over a year this is a bargin!

About reviewer (89 reviews)

Age44-55

16 years ago

Mavala Scientifique Nail Hardener is a clear blue liquid that is supposed to moisten the tip of the nail, not the entire nail. It is rather expensive $18 CAD for 10 ml of product but this nail hardener really performs. This bottle is supposed to last for one year according to the product literature. After putting my nails through a hard week of abuse, dishwashing, keyboarding, there was absolutely no breakage. I am convinced that this product was instrumental in making my nails resilient to breakage.

About reviewer (208 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBrown

16 years ago

My nails were always flaking and splitting, and impossible to grow long. I tried other nail strengtheners/hardeners - didn't make much of a difference. I finally bought Mavala's nail hardener (in the pen form) et voila! Not a split nail since (it was only a month ago, but usually my nails split constantly). It seems like the more Mavala products I add, the better my manicure gets. My nails are still not long, they grow really slowly, but they are longer than they have ever been before. This is easy to use, does what it's supposed to, and the price is very reasonable. I will definitely repurchase when I run out - but that won't be for ages.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

16 years ago

This is the best product that I have found so far in the market. I have been wearing fake nails for the past 10 years. So you can imagine how weak my nails were before starting to use this. After 1 year of using this product, my nails are now healthy and strong and I have to admit they are pretty long. To the point that I do not need to put fake nails on anymore to have beautifull long nails. You have to be a little bit patient with this product because it does take a few months before you see any good worth results. You also have to be persistant in applying it twice a week without fail. Trust me it's the best.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

HairBrown

EyesBrown

1.0

16 years ago

sorry, but despite the ravishing reviews here, Mavala just doesn't seem to do anything for my nails... and if I dare say, it aggravates the problem... I used to have peeling nails on just the right middle and index fingers but since using this product, all my 10 digits seem weaker! Very disappointed. I moved on to Nail Envy and wow, I can feel that my nails are now stronger.

About reviewer (151 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

16 years ago

Not gonna disagree, this stuff is amazing! It really improved the condition of my nails. The wonderful thing about this product is that first you have to apply it 1-2 times a week and after your nails have become healthy and strong 2-3 times per month. And it penetrates instantly.

About reviewer (688 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Coarse

16 years ago

Well I have waited 3 weeks to post my comment on this product. I have been so pleased with this product as I have better looking nails than I have ever had in my life. I am using it twice a week like the instructions told me to and find that it is easy to use and it is everything that the other users on MUA told me it would be as well as what Mavala said it would be. I used Nail Envy from April until the first week of October. I was pretty happy with the success of Nail Envy but just could not get my nails to grow very long.I started using the Mavala nail hardener and my nails have been growing longer every since and I actually have longer and stronger nails. I found the price reasonable ($15) especially compared to Nail Envy and the success of the product far better. I have raved about this product to my friends and co-workers and some of them plan to try this product too. Thank you Mavala.... this stuff is 'mavalous'.(update)...well it has been a while and I am back to OPI Nail Envy...it just seems to give me stronger nails. I still think it is a good product ...but Nail Envy works better for me.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age36-43