Revlon Super Lustrous Pearl - Wild Orchid 457

Revlon Super Lustrous Pearl - Wild Orchid  457

4.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Wild orchid is a vibrant, creamy magenta with extremely fine blue microglitter. This does not make it glittery as such, but lends it a depth of colour that is almost duochrome. It's the sort of blueish pink that makes your teeth look white. It's a gorgeous, sexy attention getter.

I love this lipstick. If I need to feel bold, if I want to cheer myself up, if I want to feel like a rockstar, I wear this. Despite it's rather loud, "look at me" qualities it is very wearable and can be easily worn sheered out to a stain. Speaking of which, it does stain the lips so it fades kindly. You will need to apply after eating or drinking but with a lipstick this gorgeous, that isn't a chore.

Application is pleasant, and like most of the super lustrous line, it is creamy and has no taste or smell. Packaging is serviceable, though I do find that with all lipsticks in this line, the cap can lose that firm "snap" so be careful of older lipsticks in your jeans pocket or bag!

I do find this colour slightly drying if worn daily, so I make sure I use a good balm at bedtime if I'm planning on wearing it a lot.

I love this lipstick. Absolutely love it. It's always in my bag or jeans pocket, even when I'm wearing something different. I've read that it could be a dupe for a couple of MAC shades - I've never tried them, who cares when I can purchase this one, at a fraction of the price. I hope they never discontinue it. I have backups just in case.

on 11/4/2016 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I hate hate this lipstick. Its an ugly purple lipstick with overly silver shimmer that looks way too frosty. I returned this.

on 7/14/2014 7:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

On my NW20, deep winter complexion (almost black hair, brown eyes) this color is stunning. More pink/purple toned than MAC'S Girl About Town, more wearable, yet still very bold. It is probably one of most favorite bolder shades from Revlon.

on 1/4/2014 8:33:00 PM

Great dupe for MAC's Girl About Town. Non drying, long lasting, good price-- love it. I hate the packaging though. The cap falls off in my bag and creates a huge mess.

I love this lipstick! A pretty, purple-pink that is very bright, but not neon, and compliments my tanned/olive skin tone well. It only requires one application to get a good colour intensity, although it is buildable if required. This lipstick lasts all day, even when eating and drinking, but you can choose to reapply if you'd like. Even if it smudges off, it leaves a nice stain. Excellent formula for a pearl lipstick. My favourite bright lipstick without a doubt.

on 9/5/2014 8:41:00 AM

I don't think I would've paid full price for this lipstick in Australia, but Revlon is general is priced rather extortionately here (you lucky Americans). I managed to get this shade for $5 on sale at Myer instead of the RRP of $22. It's a gorgeous statement fuschia-purple shade with iridescent shimmer. I will say that the iridescent shimmer definitely comes off as a bit frosty on me in some lighting, but it stains really well and the colour is so beautiful that you can use it sheered out or just worn normally and topped up with a gloss, and it'll still look gorgeous. It's relatively opaque, and I think it's probably suited more to those with medium to dark skin-tones. The pearl finish Revlon super lustrous lipsticks, I find, are more drying than the creme finish ones but it's not a dealbreaker. I don't think I'd buy this again, mostly because I'm a bit of a lippie junkie and this isn't my favourite fuschia-purple, but I can see why somebody might because the pearl finish in this color is very unique and some people might dig it (I've heard Mac in Show Orchid is similar, but from what I've seen the finishes aren't exactly the same).

on 1/3/2014 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

J'adore this lipstick. It's such a dreamy color on my NW45 skin, esp. with a lovely summer tan. This stuff really calls attention to my face in the best possible way. This is such the star of the show that I can get away with just mascara and sheer foundation.

Because of the way this color pulls blue on my teeth, it makes them look whiter. I get tons of compliments and feel fabulous with it on. I can usually be found wearing this every day I'm not in the office all summer long.

It wears exceedingly well and even leaves a stain behind. I removed a lippie for the way it wears on the lips. There are times when I don't feel like it's on my lips. It is but I reapply and can run the risk of it looking bizarro.

Otherwise, as long as they keep making it, I'll be wearing and re-buying this affordable knockout shade.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this lipstick because I liked MAC Girl About Town, but I had been stupid and swapped it away. I have always liked Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks too. And when I saw Wild Orchid, I ordered it. Revlon is not anymore available in many EU countries and I dont really get WHY becuase they have so many star products that exceed the quality of anything LOreal and Rimmel makes, and they are NOT animal testing either. BOO for Revlon leaving us. Seriously, I do not know who to blame for that. I love Wild Orchid, it has the same ROCK GLAM attitude as MAC girl about town + MORE.It is a super bright deep fuchsia and it has sheen to it which is not so much that it looks cheap. I just find I love to put it on in days where I really want to kick some ass and need a confident boost. This is a color for all you AMAZONS out there. Also it does not dry out my lips like Bobbi Brown lipsticks and it is not greasy like LOreal and Dior and so many most others! I love it just as much as MAC lipsticks. I am wearing Bobbi Brown Porcelain foundation, honey blond hair, green/blue eyes.

on 8/9/2013 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I'm obsessed with this color!! I love how its a pink lipstick with purple tones because it helps to make this suit my skintone better. Plus this stuff has lasted me all day (but at the same time, it doesnt stain my lips either) :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Revlon lipsticks (and ankle boots...) are my downfalls in life. This lipstick is no exception - a creamy, non drying pigmented formulation that lasts all day on me even when I'm eating (use the blotting technique). In the bullet it looks like a bright yet medium-dark fuchsia that has a lot of finely milled shimmer. On my lips, it leans towards a pinkier tone and is surprisingly wearable for such a bright colour! I wear this on days I look a bit drab and it really alleviates the sallowness from my skin.

For reference, I have very yellow undertones and I'm fair-medium in colouring.