Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Pore-Reducing Toner

Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Pore-Reducing Toner
Skin Balancing Pore-Reducing Toner

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol , Niacinamide , Adenosine Triphosphate, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Arctium Lappa Root Extract , Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Sodium PCA, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate , Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate , Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol , Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oleth-10, DEA-Oleth-10 Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate , Polysorbate-20 , Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol , Sodium Citrate, Carbomer , Xanthan Gum , Trisodium EDTA , Phenoxyethanol

on 5/7/2017 5:09:00 PM

I have been using this for a year now and am just now on my second bottle. The thing about toners is that everyone says they are an important post cleansing step, I never believed this (marketing gimmick and all) because most of the time they contained exorbitant amounts of alcohol. This PC version is great! It gives you a whole load of skin cell communicating ingredients with great proven chemicals such as ceramides and nicinamide.

Apart from this, I have found that my skin has calmed down considerably since I began using it, it feels more well balanced and less sensitive. I think it may be because it renews the ingredients my skin needs which it looses when cleansed.

I have been using it every night after cleansing and follow up with a serum and oil/ moisturiser. In the morning I use the PC BHA toner. Overall I see no reason why I wouldn't buy this again.

on 2/25/2017 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am a huge fan of Paula's Choice products. I find them effective and well formulated. The first toner I used from Paula's line is the Resist Weightless Advanced Repairing Toner, which is a holy grail. I used it more like an essence and it helped with both my skin tone and dryness. I was really excited to try the Skin Balancing Pore-Reducing Toner because I have oily skin and large pores. The toner lasted nearly 3 months and it was very soothing and calming. I really liked using it after doing any masks or peels that involved AHA or BHAs. Unfortunately, it had no discernible effect on my oil production or the size of my pores. Because I can get calming and soothing toners at much more reasonable priceS I will not repurchase.

on 2/14/2017 3:07:00 PM

I started using this as I was struggling with acne and dryness (due to prolong use of anti acne products). I tried many toners before and none of them gave any benefit to my skin. For me in the winter it was a struggle to find out the correct moisturizer as my skin was extremely dry. Earlier my skin was oily but I used many anti acne products for years, which changed my skin into a bumpy and dry mess.
I'm using this toner every day in the morning and in the evening alternative days (other days I use 2% BHA Lotion Exfoliant). Initially I tried using it with 2% BHA Lotion Exfoliant but I felt it was unnecessary. It is better to use alone. I don't struggle anymore with my dry skin. My skin is even now. It took almost 3-4 months. But I'm glad I tried these products. I think my skin transformation is a result of using this toner and Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Lotion Exfoliant both. I tried other Paula's choice products too but these two are my favorite. I highly recommend this toner to anyone need a solution to acne/dryness/uneven skin texture.

To get a $10 discount in your first purchase from Paula's choice website, you can use my code from the following link:

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Gentle on the skin and does the job! I'm glad that it's reasonably priced and available at Nordstrom! I will repurchase.

on 1/10/2017 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was excited to try this toner, but unfortunately it just didn't work for me. First of all, it left me feeling sticky. Second, It felt drying. Finally, it left my skin red and inflamed. I wish now I had ordered a sample first.

on 9/23/2016 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have oily acne prone skin. Got this with the advanced skin balancing line. I love this toner. I I use it after cleansing and notice it cleans away any left over dirt/ makeup. Leaves my skin feeling refreshed and hydrated. I love all the antioxidants that are in this toner. I always use this after cleasing am and pm. My skin has never looked better after switching to PC products. Just repurchased my second bottle!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My skin is extremely acne prone. I didn't have much acne as a teenager. But I'm fighting adult acne 10 years now. Over the long period of time I tried many products to get rid of acne. But since they are harsh I could not continue to use them for very long. This pore reducing toner is not one of them. It works well on acne but without damaging my skin. Long use of acne products made my skin very dull. So I was looking for product those works well on acne and hydrate the skin. This toner fall into that category. It is helping me in clearing up my skin (along with few more products) but it hydrate the skin as well. Since I started using Paula's choice product I'm seeing improvement in my skin texture. My make up goes smooth and my skin is less flakey and balanced. Overall I definitely recommend this product, specially if you are prone to acne.

Following link can be used in Paula's choice website to get a $10 off:

on 6/24/2016 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Pros : Moisturizes
Cons : Heavy, Irritates Skin, Not Effective
Best Uses : Daily Use

When I started using Paula's Choice products, I sampled the Skin Balancing line. I ended up buying the cleanser and toner at the same time because they seemed to compliment each other. However, after regular use, I found the cleanser was a superstar, while the toner was quite mediocre.

Some benefits are that the product is a colorless liquid, alcohol-free and fragrance-free, with a very mild, neutral scent. Also, the packaging is a screw top with a hole reducer to prevent too much from coming out when dispensed.

At first I used the toner in the morning because I thought I would get a touch of moisture and some pore tightening. What I got was a toner that didn't sink in well, leaving my face sticky. It didn't matter how much or how little I used, whether I applied with cotton rounds or fingers--the stickiness remained. It interfered with subsequent AM skin care products, and ultimately left me more greasy than I would like. I switched to only using it at night, which wasn't much of an improvement, but the stickiness was less of an issue with my PM routine. Over time, it seemed that the SB toner didn't have much benefit to my skin, and in fact was sometimes irritating. I started alternating night usage with another product in the PC line, Skin Recovery Toner, which has proved to be more soothing and balancing than the namesake toner.

Overall, my experience with this toner has been one of take it or leave it. It definitely is not something I can't live without. I won't repurchase and am still on the hunt for an AM toner toner that will work for me.

on 2/1/2016 6:21:00 PM

This is "the best toner" for me since it does a good job like a high end product at drugstore price. I had acne in my teenage and so have large pores. This toner helped a lot to reduce that. I would surely recommend this since it gave me even better results than Lancome toner (that I used before)
Background: I have oily/combination and very sensitive skin.

on 1/6/2016 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Blast it all. I really didn't want to like this stuff. First of all I was a toner doubter. Never believed it was necessary. Second of all I couldn't believe anything that light and odorless and colorless and felt just like water on my skin could do anything. But my pores looked so huge and I decided to try a bottle. Then I noticed after a couple of weeks my pores shrunk. Like really dramatically shrunk. But I chalked it up to my retinol treatment (also from Paula's Choice), but then I finally ran out of the toner. I was still using the retinol but I saw my pores got large again like before the toner. Now I'm a toner convert albeit a reluctant one. Really, really do wish this stuff was cheaper. But I can't deny it. It works.