Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Pore-Reducing Toner

Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Pore-Reducing Toner
Skin Balancing Pore-Reducing Toner

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol , Niacinamide , Adenosine Triphosphate, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Arctium Lappa Root Extract , Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Sodium PCA, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate , Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate , Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol , Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oleth-10, DEA-Oleth-10 Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate , Polysorbate-20 , Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol , Sodium Citrate, Carbomer , Xanthan Gum , Trisodium EDTA , Phenoxyethanol

on 9/23/2016 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have oily acne prone skin. Got this with the advanced skin balancing line. I love this toner. I I use it after cleansing and notice it cleans away any left over dirt/ makeup. Leaves my skin feeling refreshed and hydrated. I love all the antioxidants that are in this toner. I always use this after cleasing am and pm. My skin has never looked better after switching to PC products. Just repurchased my second bottle!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My skin is extremely acne prone. I didn't have much acne as a teenager. But I'm fighting adult acne 10 years now. Over the long period of time I tried many products to get rid of acne. But since they are harsh I could not continue to use them for very long. This pore reducing toner is not one of them. It works well on acne but without damaging my skin. Long use of acne products made my skin very dull. So I was looking for product those works well on acne and hydrate the skin. This toner fall into that category. It is helping me in clearing up my skin (along with few more products) but it hydrate the skin as well. Since I started using Paula's choice product I'm seeing improvement in my skin texture. My make up goes smooth and my skin is less flakey and balanced. Overall I definitely recommend this product, specially if you are prone to acne.

Following link can be used in Paula's choice website to get a $10 off:

To Read all 145 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/24/2016 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Pros : Moisturizes
Cons : Heavy, Irritates Skin, Not Effective
Best Uses : Daily Use

When I started using Paula's Choice products, I sampled the Skin Balancing line. I ended up buying the cleanser and toner at the same time because they seemed to compliment each other. However, after regular use, I found the cleanser was a superstar, while the toner was quite mediocre.

Some benefits are that the product is a colorless liquid, alcohol-free and fragrance-free, with a very mild, neutral scent. Also, the packaging is a screw top with a hole reducer to prevent too much from coming out when dispensed.

At first I used the toner in the morning because I thought I would get a touch of moisture and some pore tightening. What I got was a toner that didn't sink in well, leaving my face sticky. It didn't matter how much or how little I used, whether I applied with cotton rounds or fingers--the stickiness remained. It interfered with subsequent AM skin care products, and ultimately left me more greasy than I would like. I switched to only using it at night, which wasn't much of an improvement, but the stickiness was less of an issue with my PM routine. Over time, it seemed that the SB toner didn't have much benefit to my skin, and in fact was sometimes irritating. I started alternating night usage with another product in the PC line, Skin Recovery Toner, which has proved to be more soothing and balancing than the namesake toner.

Overall, my experience with this toner has been one of take it or leave it. It definitely is not something I can't live without. I won't repurchase and am still on the hunt for an AM toner toner that will work for me.

on 2/1/2016 6:21:00 PM

This is "the best toner" for me since it does a good job like a high end product at drugstore price. I had acne in my teenage and so have large pores. This toner helped a lot to reduce that. I would surely recommend this since it gave me even better results than Lancome toner (that I used before)
Background: I have oily/combination and very sensitive skin.

on 1/6/2016 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Blast it all. I really didn't want to like this stuff. First of all I was a toner doubter. Never believed it was necessary. Second of all I couldn't believe anything that light and odorless and colorless and felt just like water on my skin could do anything. But my pores looked so huge and I decided to try a bottle. Then I noticed after a couple of weeks my pores shrunk. Like really dramatically shrunk. But I chalked it up to my retinol treatment (also from Paula's Choice), but then I finally ran out of the toner. I was still using the retinol but I saw my pores got large again like before the toner. Now I'm a toner convert albeit a reluctant one. Really, really do wish this stuff was cheaper. But I can't deny it. It works.

on 12/13/2015 7:39:00 PM

I just purchased this toner, based on all it's great reviews. However, once I received it in the mail I got a warning telling me it contains DEA-OLETH-10 and it says this is a known cancer causing chemial. Isn't paulaschoice suppose to be a gentle line of products? I have not used this product yet because I don't really want to use something that has a known cancer causing chemical. Not sure if anyone else was aware this. Just thought I should pass it along.

This is great - buy it and you won't regret it. For me this has really made my pores smaller. My skin is aging so maybe it just tightened the skin a little to make the pores less visible but whatever it did it works! You also get a huge bottle. it lasts a long time. I never bothered with toners until I really started seeing the signs of aging. This makes a difference. I highly recommend this product and will repurchase.

By far the best toner I have ever tried. My pores have shrunk big time & I have not had a acne break out since I started using this. I have combo oily acne prone skin. When I first started using this I did notice a mild warm sensation after I applied this but no irritation. My skin is use to this product so I don't feel that anymore.

on 9/5/2015 5:22:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I find it difficult to review this product because I have been adding so many products to my regiment so quickly. For this reason, it's difficult to tell what exactly is helping. Nonetheless, ever since using this toner, my pores have significantly shrunk in size and my overall skin tone is much more even.

Despite the ambiguity, I'll definitely be repurchasing when I run out!

on 7/5/2015 4:11:00 PM

I am sensitive to many chemicals and ingredients, so I buy and give/throw away more products than I'd like. It often takes several uses before I know how I will react, so I just keep searching. I also have OILY yet SENSITIVE skin, which is a skin type many brands ignore completely.

I use Skin Balancing Pore-Reducing Toner to avoid clogged pores in the summer months, switching from my more usual RESIST WEIGHTLESS TONER. I simply don't need (will break out from using) moisturizer except every 2-3 days at the peak of winter dryness, but using PC Toner once per day provides me with sufficient moisture to keep up with the slight cheek dryness that I'm gaining as I age. And I'm over 40!

When I found myself using Beautypedia and finding the reviews fairly accurate and helpful, I finally gave in and ordered some of the founder's own "Paula's Choice" skincare products to see if they would work better than the drugstore brands with which I started my experiment.

To this day, I use drugstore cleanser (Cerave or Cetaphil), but I found the Paula's Choice toner and especially the BHA exfoliant to be well worth the price and effort of ordering online.

I've been reordering Paula's Choice RESIST Daily Pore-Refining Treatment 2% BHA consistently for about a year now, and alternating toner types during that same period. That's a record for me. I don't think I've ever stuck with any product for this long.

While my skin has always been pretty good, I continued to suffer from occasional pimples into adulthood. Typically, I would have one or two at any given time somewhere near my hairline or (most common) on the back of my neck under my long hair. Now that I use this exfoliant daily (at least once, but often twice daily), I rarely get even a single pimple. I do still have occasional blackheads on my nose or tiny whiteheads on my chin (invisible except when peering intently into a magnifying mirror) but even those are barely noticeable and a significant improvement over what my skin clarity before.

Customer Service is fantastic. Samples are available for all products, and returns are easy when I've tried something that didn't work out. That alone is saving someone sensitive like me money over the ostensibly cheaper drugstore options.