Philosophy Lemon Custard Body Souffle

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

4.7

on 12/4/2006 3:18:00 PM

I first got this as a sample and wasn't terribly impressed, because the top note seemed like plain lemon. However, I reached for this after taking a bath when I was sick and in need of some pampering and was hooked. This is a cream version of "comfort food": top notes are pretty lemony, but then there's a vanilla cookie/vanilla sugar scent after a few seconds that's just delicious. Makes me feel like a kid again, and I can't seem to get enough of it. I've ordered the handmade hand cream that has the lemon custard scent as well, and look forward to trying that. The only "problem" is that the scent doesn't last very long, so I've ordered Fresh's "Sugar" scent because one reviewer said that it smelled just like this Lemon Custard. I wish this scent lasted a tad longer and was a bit stronger. Now I'm curious to try some of the other "food" fragrances.

on 8/5/2005 9:41:00 AM

Wow! This is absolutely divine! I love lemon scents, and I've tried a lot of them, but this may be the best, most authentic one I've found. It will absolutely make your mouth water. My only complaint is that it could be a little thicker, but that's a minor gripe--it's really a great product. I think the scent alone could compensate for any other shortcomings!

on 9/7/2005 10:05:00 AM

This is a philosophy product that I really liked, which is unusual for me. I got it as a sample. I loved the scent. The moisturizing properties were good...not as good as the cetaphil that is sold in a jar, but nothing is.