Philosophy Lemon Custard Body Souffle

No Image

4.5

A light and lovely moisturizer. I mainly use my lemon custard body souffle during the summer or only when my skin just needs a bit of moisture. Philosophy's body souffles have an awesome, weightless texture and are almost immediately absorbed into the skin. And the frozen lemon custard scent is to die for- citrusy lemon but with creamy, sweet custard to mellow it out a bit. Not too fond of the jar, but price is pretty decent considering you only need a little bit each time. Would repurchase.

on 12/4/2006 3:18:00 PM

I first got this as a sample and wasn't terribly impressed, because the top note seemed like plain lemon. However, I reached for this after taking a bath when I was sick and in need of some pampering and was hooked. This is a cream version of "comfort food": top notes are pretty lemony, but then there's a vanilla cookie/vanilla sugar scent after a few seconds that's just delicious. Makes me feel like a kid again, and I can't seem to get enough of it. I've ordered the handmade hand cream that has the lemon custard scent as well, and look forward to trying that. The only "problem" is that the scent doesn't last very long, so I've ordered Fresh's "Sugar" scent because one reviewer said that it smelled just like this Lemon Custard. I wish this scent lasted a tad longer and was a bit stronger. Now I'm curious to try some of the other "food" fragrances.

on 9/8/2005 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Never in a million years did I think I was going to adore this product the way I do. I am generally an "anti-food-scent" person, but those blasted QVC hosts reeled me in, lol. Lemon Custard is simply delicious smelling! The scent is "real" (not plasticy or chemically) and is not overpowering and/or cloying as most food scents can be. This is *not* B&BW. To my nose, it smells just like a lemon creme sandwich cookie. I happen to love the thin-ish consistency, as it sinks in immediately and leaves my skin very moisturized.

on 8/5/2005 9:41:00 AM

Wow! This is absolutely divine! I love lemon scents, and I've tried a lot of them, but this may be the best, most authentic one I've found. It will absolutely make your mouth water. My only complaint is that it could be a little thicker, but that's a minor gripe--it's really a great product. I think the scent alone could compensate for any other shortcomings!

on 9/7/2005 10:05:00 AM

This is a philosophy product that I really liked, which is unusual for me. I got it as a sample. I loved the scent. The moisturizing properties were good...not as good as the cetaphil that is sold in a jar, but nothing is.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

The scent of this cream is amazing! If you are a true lemon scent lover you will be very happy. However, I was hoping for a thicker consistency with more moisturizing properties. Also, I felt like the jar was small for the cost. As another reviewer mentioned, the delicious smell is enough to make up for other shortcomings, though :)

Popular Lotions / Creams