no images

price range

Reviews

3.0

7 years ago

I'm going to finish this bottle because it works pretty well. I have curly frizz prone hair. I apply this product from scalp to ends while my hair is still very wet, then dry naturally. It gives my curls nice definition and controls the frizz nicely. I won't repurchase though b/c of the smell. I read other reviews that said it smelled like fish oil and thought no way possible, but yes it does. It's very strange. It's not an overwhelming odor but it's def there and nobody wants their hair smelling anything remotely like fish. I have to use it in combination with another product that will overpower the smell, like Ms Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls or Moroccan Oil. Too bad b/c I'd probably keep buying this product if it weren't for the smell. Why couldn't they have given it the yummy Silk Therapy smell? Oh well.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2.0

7 years ago

Even though I dont think this product was too terrible, I still will not re purchase. It was fairy expensive, I didnt like the consistency of the balm nor did i like the results it gave me. The only biosilk product I will use is the silk therepy. Its sad that its such a hit or miss with theit line, because when I like a product, I like to buy their entire line. The balm was thick and more like a gel, it doesnt smell ANYTHING like the shampoo/conditioner and silk therepy (that all smell SO GOOD). If you havr straight hair, you could use this and im sure it would work fine.. but I have wavy hair that really needs a good and strong product to achieve the silky and straight look that I desire. I decided not to throw it away because it wasnt cheap and I will keep on hand in case I run out of my others... but thats all this product will be to me-and is a back up- unless they change the ingredients and formula ...

About reviewer (172 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

7 years ago

CAUSES SKIN TO BREAK OUT!!! It smoothes the hair but makes your forehead breakout with acne since its filled with oil!

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

11 years ago

ugh, i hate this stuff, does not smooth out my hair, and its very sticky And the smell is soo disgusting! i dont want my hair smelling like crap

About reviewer (73 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

from

13 years ago

This was a huge disappointment. I have thick, coarse, naturally curly/wavy/frizzy hair and since I love the Silk Therapy, I thought this might be a good complimentary product. The “balm” had a slimy, slippery texture, with a lot of shimmer in it, and dried hard and crunchy. Its texture made it impossible to distribute evenly, so only the top most curls were shimmery and crunchy with hard definition, while the under curls were frizzy and puffy with no definition. It also stunk! Nothing at all like the pleasant scent of Silk Therapy. So, if you love the “wet” look in your hair and your hair isn’t too thick, this might work for you. For me, however, it was a bust. I got this at 50% off, so I guess I can’t complain too much, but I will never buy this again.

About reviewer (571 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

13 years ago

What is that smell????? I don't mind the smell of Silk Therapy and was expecting something similar. Boy, was I wrong. I put a pea-size on my hair, rubbed between palms & applied, THEN the smell hit me. Maybe I have a bad bottle, but it smells like fish oil to me. Not only that, it did nothing. Had to use my FF Glossing Cream over it & there's still a smell!! I was trying to find a less expensive alternative to the FF, but this is definitely not it.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3.0

15 years ago

I have horrible hair; coarse, wavy/curly, lightweight, stiff, unmanageable, dry as straw. This stuff gives me substantial, silky, smooth hair. I feel almost normal! I use it on wet hair and comb-through after the shower is effortless, and letting it dry naturally produces lots of shine and definition without those porcupine bits sticking out. It also gives it moisture and weight, no more haystack head. Not for everyone, but turns straw into gold for me. EDIT: Ugh! This is heroin for hair; you have to keep using it to maintain the effect. Go without for a few poos and the ugly truth reveals itself. Silicone products seem to be one of those love/hate things, and for performance this certainly gets my vote, but it won't help anyone trying to grow healthy hair.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

2.0

15 years ago

Way back in the day there used to be a product called Sun Glitz, it was awesome and made you hair soft and shiny, Well my salon stopped selling it and brought in Biosilk. Put it this way, I dont go to that salon anymore! This stuff is complete crap in my opinion. It makes my hair greasy and wieghted down ( with a TINY drop rubbed in my palms and then applied) I now use Frederic Fekkai finishing polish with olive oil and have NEVER been happier. So I would say Biosilk is NOT worth the salon price.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

HairBlond

EyesBlue

15 years ago

I have been using this product for over a year. My hair sylist recommended it (& the chi iron) to me so that I could have that shiny straight hair. For the past year I have had the worst acne ever & have just now put 2 & 2 together. It's because of BioSilk! I had also noticed that my hair has been breaking off at the ends, which surprised me. So I stopped using it & my skin cleared up. I have tested this theory 3 times now & after loads of $$ out the door on various skin care systems. Just "not using" Biosilk Silk Therapy is the best skin care "system" I have used!! Not sure why or what causes it, but evidentally it being on my hair (& I have long hair) & then touching my face during the day or at night has cause severe breakouts & even cystic acne.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

HairBrunette

from

15 years ago

I have very coarse dry hair and this is the only thing that will tame it! ( Be sure to only use a very tiny dab though and smooth it evenly or you will have greasy looking hair )

About reviewer (3 reviews)

HairBrown