Neosporin Pain Relief Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Neosporin Pain Relief Cream

4.6

on 10/25/2011 7:13:00 AM

I used to love this for Pimples when I first discovered the reviews on it for that online.
However with time it does make things worse, for me I would notice another pimple or more.. of the horrible cyst or whitehead kinds in the same exact area I applied it in the weeks to come.
I did some googling and even the cream is FILLED WITH HIGHLY COMEDOGENIC INGREDIENTS!!! like Emulsyfying wax, MINERAL OIL! (the worst zit culprit) , etc etc!!!

Just keep an eye for it changing it's effectiveness on ya, and make sure to apply smallest amount possible with bandaids would probably help (since then when sleeping you won't get it on your pillowcase which then gets it on other parts of your face which then causes more pimples !)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is review is for plain ole neosporin.
I use this after I pop a zit. I swab it with H2O2, pierce it with disinfected lance, and squeeze with latex gloves on. Then I dab more H2O2 and then rub in a tiny bit of neosporin. I was scared to try it at first but it works so good. The morning after I use this, I'm usually left with just a flat red mark that is easily concealed with makeup. Sometimes I need to reapply the next day and that takes care of it.
It's amazing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I worked for a dermatologist while I was in college, and patients would call and complain about big zits (like a big zit was a reason to be seen today, cancer yes, zit....). He would always tell them to pop it once it came to a head (don't force it!), clean the area and put neosporin on it. I thought this was crazy, but it works! I just use the generic for neosporin, clean my face, extract the pimple, wash again and put neosporin on. Its gone in days rather than weeks. Just for comparison, I had two on my chin, one I left alone and one I did the extraction / neosporin with. The one left alone took 7 weeks to heal and another 6 to get rid of the dark spot, the other took 2 weeks total to go away.

on 1/21/2010 6:53:00 PM

I use this this pain relieving Neosporin after I have done a chemical peel on my face, decollete and sometimes hands. The types of peels I use are from MUAC and they are lactic, glycolic and TCA. It is very soothing and helps to alleviate the stinging. Just another use for this great product.

on 11/3/2009 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

about 15 years ago i discovered neosporin first aid was excellent for acne. it won't over dry your skin and for those of us over 25 that's important. put a bit on the pimple before you go to bed, it will pull the bacteria up overnight to form a white head. after your shower put a dab more on the white before your moisturizer. you're pimple should be gone by the end of the day. and if you are a picker/popper, put it on after you're performed minor surgery on your pimple. it will help it to clear up and prevent you from scarring. oh, if only i had discovered this in my teens.

this is great for acne. i would'nt say it aids in a speedy recovery (ex: your pimple won't dissapear overnight) however it is the only treatment that heals my blemish WithOut leaving it flaky, crackly, red, gross looking. it doesn't have to look worse before it looks better - neosporin helps the pain a little and helps it heal in a normal but steady but surely way.

on 12/10/2007 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've never used this as an acne product (although I am going to try it now after reading the reviews!!) but this stuff is perfect if you have a cold and your nose is a little raw from blowing it too much. If I start putting this on at night when my cold hits I never end up with a dry, scaly, peeling Rudolph nose. :)

on 12/9/2007 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I put Neosporin on everything! Not only does it help cuts and scars, but it helps with dry patchy areas on skin. With the ance treatment I use on my face, it leaves my face with dry and peeling patchy areas on my face. After I wash my face at night, I put Neosporin and the dry areas and the next morning the dry peeling area is gone!

on 1/19/2005 4:23:00 PM

I love this! Since I haven't figured out how to prevent acne (I'm working on this!), I have found that this helps heal a zit a heck of a lot quicker!!! What I do at bedtime is dab a good size amount on my acne and then put a circle bandaid over it and the redness and scar lessens a lot quicker than it did before I started doing this. My hubby still loves me even when I come to bed with a bandaid or two on my cheek or chin!

Oh and when you put this on a spot you don't want to rub it in because the bandaid won't stick!

Hope this helps!

I actually have used regular Neosporin on pimples before, but not consistently, as I hated the greasiness. Thanks to the previous reviews, I tried this cream, which is SO much better - totally non-greasy, I can even apply it over large patches of skin, if neccessary. The trick of using a little round band-aid over the Neosporin'd zit overnight is a great suggestion. Heals those nasty huge red inflamed ones right up. Use this if you're prone to acne. It will take some of the misery out of dealing with it.

Popular Lotions / Creams