Neosporin Pain Relief Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Neosporin Pain Relief Cream

4.7

on 1/23/2011 1:40:00 AM

Quality products deserve to get their due. This is my shoutout to Neosporin + Pain relief cream!!! I have been addicted to lip balm for over twenty years and I apply it over a dozen times per day and night. I started out using Avon lip balms, Vicks and Mentholatum then went on Carmex and Blistex binges that lasted for ages. In the last several years I've added Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Creme, Kiehl's in the tubes and Karite Gold Shea Butter balm (my up until now Holy Grail) but they had disappeared last I checked. For the last several months I've been using Kiehl's exclusively and decided I would probably go back to plain old petroleum jelly. Today I was having trouble squeezing out anymore of my Kiehl's vanilla and just going cold-turkey wasn't working. My lips were dry, peeling, painful and ugly. So I picked at them and made it worse. I used the regular Neosporin ointment and it helped, but not much. Better than nothing, for sure!! I even tried olive oil. Then I went to google and once again, makeupalley.com came to the rescue. I've had this stuff all along, it's one of my medicine cabinet staples. But I have never used it on chapped lips or pimples. This was an interesting lesson for me to learn because I'm temporarily unemployed and and I've spent so much money on lip balm and pimple spot remedies. I'm 37 and I think I can finally get over this expensive lip balm addiction!!! And as a bonus, I can make out with my boyfriend tomorrow and not feel self conscious about having scaly lips!!

Great for hangnails!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Works great! I feel that it heals faster than the ointment formula.

on 4/13/2010 5:02:00 PM

Thanks to MUA for introducing me to a great use for this product. I now use it after I squeeze a pimple. So far this is great at speed healing those areas and taking care of redness. Thanks to previous reviewers, I will now use it on my dry feet and lips as well.

on 4/22/2008 4:38:00 PM

I can't believe I forgot about this using product for zits. Nothing works as fast to reduce my painful cystic acne overnight. A bandaid is a must to keep the product on for as long as possible. But I am extremely disappointed to learn that I'm not supposed to use this long term! What am I going to do now?!

on 3/26/2008 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Awesome. Works well on zits blemishes, and youre cuts, too.

on 12/11/2007 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Wow....so a while ago I got a cut on my hand and immediately put Neosporin on it. Several years ago I had used Neosporin on every cut and had no problems, but all of a sudden when I put Neosporin on a cut I had, it just got worse, and actually looked infected. I kept putting it on and couldn't figure out what was wrong. Turns out I was allergic to the active ingredient in Neosporin and immediately stopped using it. The doctor recommended I use just plain Vaseline instead if I got a cut, because the reason why a scar forms is that a hard, dry scab forms on the skin, so if you keep that area hydrated there is less of a chance of scarring.

But, I had no way of dealing with the painful breakouts on my face which were leaving my face with bad hyperpigmentation and scarring. Using vaseline on that would just make me breakout more.

Anyway, with that being said, if you AREN'T allergic to Neosporin, the product itself does the job and really does help reduce scarring and prevent infection. I had to take lippies off because of how bad it is that such a generally accepted as safe product can bring out the worst skin irritation, especially from broken skin.

on 10/27/2007 8:34:00 PM

Works great! So worth the price. With whatever your worried it will scar. Just apply this works so good.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this on cuts and scrapes and it takes the sting and burn away. I have even tried it on pimples, and it works pretty good. Everything seems to heal more better and quicker, especially when used with a bandage. A must to put in a first-aid kit or medicine cabinet.

I actually have used regular Neosporin on pimples before, but not consistently, as I hated the greasiness. Thanks to the previous reviews, I tried this cream, which is SO much better - totally non-greasy, I can even apply it over large patches of skin, if neccessary. The trick of using a little round band-aid over the Neosporin'd zit overnight is a great suggestion. Heals those nasty huge red inflamed ones right up. Use this if you're prone to acne. It will take some of the misery out of dealing with it.

Popular Lotions / Creams