Neosporin Pain Relief Cream

Price: $

on 5/8/2012 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I use the cream and not the ointment. I found if you apply it the day the acne was popped it will cause it to become a whitehead again. If you apply it 24hrs later it won't. When you apply it, make sure to rub it in really well. I apply this 3 times consecutively in the same spot. Don't rub it in hard just gently. I do this every day until I am satisfied. This causes the scar to fade a lot faster for me.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I use this on my feet, mainly my dry cracked heels. After a shower I just dab it on, maybe cover it with a bandaid. I also apply this to ragged cuticles. It works great. I actually dont have to use it on my feet anymore, it pretty much fixed them!

on 12/23/2007 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Wow, thank you MUAers.. without you I never would have tried this. I used to be chronic picker and was used to waking up to the nasty aftermath of my fingernails. I'm not so bad about keeping my hands off my face now.. but sometimes I just can't resist. That's where Neopsporin comes in handy. Right after an attack on my face, I apply it on the offending spot, then I stick a plaster on and go to bed. The next morning, the spot is barely visible. No more nasty, inflamed breakouts for me!
I have to admit though, I'm very frugal with this product. I know you can build up a resistance to it. So ONLY when I've really gone at it do I break out the Neopsporin.

on 12/22/2007 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Just to add about the Neosporin allergy issue. Several years ago I decided to try this on a large, painful oozing blemish (before I was a MUA member and could look up reviews) because it was good for healing cuts/wounds and had used it in the past with no problems. After applying it for 2 days, I was washing my face and felt a burning. The skin blistered and I had pus filled blisters and a nasty rash. I went to the dermatologist and he gave me a cream to treat it and told me as much as 25% of the population is allergic to an ingredient in Neosporin and I was shocked as it is used so much over the counter. He told me that any product with "poly" was ok to use (i.e., Polysporin) as it did not have the same ingredient. I was lucky not to have scarring as a result, so although I can use Polysporin on a cut, I have never tried it on my face and do not know if it would help blemishes as the Neosporin may.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is an amazing product! I've always kept Neosporin in my medicine cabinet and always remember my mom using "the magic bandaid" on our cuts and scrapes when my brother and I were kids. I never knew about the beauty benefits!

I read about Neosporin on MUA the other night and decided to try it on two blemishes, an incredibly red, flaky nose (too much blowing), and chapped, sore lips. Well, I woke up the next morning totally blown away. My blemishes were half the size (which normally takes several nights of either benzoyl peroxide treatment or salicic acid) , my nose was almost 100% back to normal, and my lips felt hydrated, soft, and pain-free!

This was less than a week ago, and my blemishes cleared in record time (try a few days rather than a week or two).

If you haven't tried this product, you must. I will continue to use it on blemishes when I get them, as this seems to be a miracle product!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this on cuts and scrapes and it takes the sting and burn away. I have even tried it on pimples, and it works pretty good. Everything seems to heal more better and quicker, especially when used with a bandage. A must to put in a first-aid kit or medicine cabinet.

on 3/8/2004 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've used this product to treat every imaginable ailment (zits, burns, bug bites- you name it I'm sure I've put it on there) !!! It really helped with pain from a new tattoo also !!! No household should be without this staple =)

Popular Lotions / Creams