Neosporin Pain Relief Cream

Neosporin Pain Relief Cream

4.5

on 1/3/2014 3:09:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This is amazing. Takes away the pain right away (esp after blackheads for me) and heals the redness like no other. After I get a bad breakout, immediately afterwards I put this on it and let it sit to "flatten" the area, and I also apply a thin layer for bedtime. The only con I have is it's greasy-ness, but rubbing it in better will get rid of it.

on 3/27/2011 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very effective and useful product. I use this on any cut to prevent infection. I have very dry skin and use this if my lips become too cry and painful. It both soothes the irritation caused by dryness, and helps prevent infection. I really love this when I get a minor burn in the kitchen. If I use this right away, not only is that awful pain which usually lingers for hours, even with ice, gone, but no blister after. I very rarely break out during that time of the month, but when I do I use this on the blemish too to insure no scarring either. I much prefer this to the ointment as that seems to retain heat.

on 1/21/2010 6:45:00 PM

this is a staple for me, and i'm never without it. i use this after shaving my legs for any nicks or cuts. works well on the bikini zone too! helps heal skin without scarring. good for burns, scrapes and the occasional popped pimple.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm reviewing triple strength neosporin ointment. This is great for everything...rashes, lines, pimples, cuts, burns, dry skin. I use it on my lips and chin when i feel dry...it works better than a lip balm cuz its unscented. I really favor this for dry lips and lines around the lip and chin area that only are around when i'm dehydrated or have allergeric reactions to things. It's very soothing and doesn't thin skin out like OTC cortisone ointments and creams.

on 11/3/2009 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

about 15 years ago i discovered neosporin first aid was excellent for acne. it won't over dry your skin and for those of us over 25 that's important. put a bit on the pimple before you go to bed, it will pull the bacteria up overnight to form a white head. after your shower put a dab more on the white before your moisturizer. you're pimple should be gone by the end of the day. and if you are a picker/popper, put it on after you're performed minor surgery on your pimple. it will help it to clear up and prevent you from scarring. oh, if only i had discovered this in my teens.

on 3/2/2009 5:14:00 PM

This should be in everyones medicine cabinet. I tend to pick at imperfections. I know, its bad for me and I shouldn't, but I do. Anyway with any scratch or cut or even burn I clean the area with Betadyne and apply neosporin and apply a bandage. it keeps everything clean and it wont allow it to get infected. This one is much better then the original because it is a cream and it has pain relievers in it. Helps and prevents scars as well. Amazing stuff.

on 1/8/2009 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is obviously used for cuts and scrapes, but one day a ways ago I had a pimple I picked at that was scabbing and I decided to put this on because of the ingredients. It seemed to work and make the process heal faster, so now, every so often when I feel like I need a little extra healing from a breakout during that TOM, I dab it on...only once or twice a month* It says be careful.

I also read the other ingredients contain cocoa butter, which is supposed to be really good for scarring. So why not? I have sensitive skin and I have no complaints.

on 11/9/2008 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

"You know like when you get a little zit right there and you pick, and you pick, and you pick and then it looks like #&@%$" - as Rosana Rosana Dana would say, well that is what this is for and let me tell you, it is a good thing. So good, I feel my skin healing. Just don't go overboard as overuse is not recommended.

on 4/16/2008 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OMG this is such a miracle product for me! I have mild to active acne due to a lot of factors, but 2 days ago I had a big ol' zit (think it may have been a 2 in 1 zit... weird) right under one of my nostrils that looked like a tomato and it hurt so bad. It bothered me so much that I began to pick at it to try and get all the gunk out, and unfortunately by picking at it, it wouldn't stop bleeding and it hurted even more. So I decided to be experimental and used neosporin on it. I never really thought of using this for my pimples because neopsorin is oil based and I have enough oil on my face to deal with as it is. But wow, a few hours later, it no longer hurts and the swelling already went down. The next day, both my nostrils are the same size again, except the one with the pimple is still slightly pink with a slight bump.

I decided to read up on using Neosporin on acne to be on the safe side and one site suggested using this for spot treatments only because neosporin's antiseptics are very powerful and prolong usage of this can cause your skin to build resistance, meaning your skin will get use to the stuff and will no longer give effect if you use topical antibiotic treatments later. Also it kills off the resistance your skin naturally has to fight off bacteria. =(

"While the benefits of Neosporin may sound great, potential users should also take into account the warnings that Pfizer has taken the time to print on the label. Precautions such as “Do not use over large areas of the body" and “Do not use longer than 1 week unless directed by a doctor" are serious warning signs for acne sufferers. Neosporin kills a lot more than just the P. Acnes bacteria that is primarily responsible for the formation of acne pustules. It also eliminates many agents that normally help your skin resist harmful bacteria. With long-term use, there is a danger that your skin may build up an antibiotic resistance which could end up making you more susceptible to serious infection down the road." http://searchwarp.com/swa66598.htm

After reading this, I was pretty disappointed. I was hoping to find my HG acne product. In a way I did, but I would have to sacrifice my health if I were to use this daily.

For the ones who want to use Neosporin for more than one week, here's a trick I read up on: place a tiny amount and mix it in with your moisturizer. I'm no doctor but I wouldn't recommend using this method too long either. Better safe than sorry later...

4 lippies b/c it works wonders and it's the only thing that really helps kill off icky painful pimples fast, but 1 off b/c it has side effects with long term usage.

on 2/1/2008 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Awww man, what a lifesaver! I have cystic acne on my chin and everytime I pick one of the bumps to get the infected hair out, the bump would start bleeding like crazy and leave this big mark on my face that take years to disappear. I picked this great big pimple last night and of course it bled like crazy so I figured that I would have a big scar to deal with in the morning that I would just cover up with makeup. However, I put a whole bunch of Neosporin over the bump before I went to bed, and what do you know?? When I woke up, there was hardly a scar or mark left on my face from the pimple that I had picked the night before. I almost cried...tears of joy!!

I can't believe I have gone all these years accumulating scars on my face because I picked my acne when all I had to do was put Neosporin on pimples while they were healing!!

***NOTE*** This does not stop or prevent acne. It simply helps with the healing of skin after the pimple or infected area has bust, broken, or bled.