Neosporin Pain Relief Cream

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/5/2014 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great tool to keep in your arsenal. Popped zits, cuts, scratches... I use this and never end up with infection. Cheap and available anywhere.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am kind of on the fence with this one. I had a whitehead that needed to be extracted. So I carefully pricked it with a needle and with little pressure (pressing outwards, not inwards) the gunk came out. So I had heard reviews that this will help to stop the infection or whatever from coming back. So I applied this to it, and left it on for the day. When I wiped it off, the area it was applied to had turned a red/brown color. And it looks like the remains is turning into a scab. So I am not going to apply this to it anymore in the fear of it turning an even darker brown color. But it did help to stop the infection from coming back.

on 8/31/2010 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

i tried this as a spot treatment on regular inflamed pimples and was not impressed at all. however recently i tried it on a oozing pimple that i had just popped and this worked wonders. i applied neo at bedtime and put a small circle band-aid over the area just like the reviewers below advise. when i woke up the next morning and took the band-aid off i was amazed! you couldnt even tell that just the day before i had a huge whopper of a zit there. it did take a few more uses before the spot completely healed. however i wasnt left with a dark spot like usual. perhaps this is because i used the ointment which has cocoa butter in it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I worked for a dermatologist while I was in college, and patients would call and complain about big zits (like a big zit was a reason to be seen today, cancer yes, zit....). He would always tell them to pop it once it came to a head (don't force it!), clean the area and put neosporin on it. I thought this was crazy, but it works! I just use the generic for neosporin, clean my face, extract the pimple, wash again and put neosporin on. Its gone in days rather than weeks. Just for comparison, I had two on my chin, one I left alone and one I did the extraction / neosporin with. The one left alone took 7 weeks to heal and another 6 to get rid of the dark spot, the other took 2 weeks total to go away.

on 8/14/2009 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It's always good to have neosporin in your acne arsenal. This is really good for HEALING pimples and not diminishing them for 2 reasons. 1) it is an antibacterial agent and if used too often the bacteria in the skin and pimple will become accustomed to neosporin and overpower it thereby rendering useless. 2) neosporin is used for wounds, cuts and scrapes to promote healing. if you use this on a pimple, the skin will heal leaving the impaction, pus underneath your skin.

The correct time to use this is after you are sure that the clog, pus and fluid are drained from the site. I was taught by my facialist that after extracting the pimple to gently apply pressure to the site and if it hurts, it means there's still foreign material ie. clog or pus inside. Make sure the site is empty before you put neosporin or else your skin will heal over the clog, pus and bury it underneath.

That being said, it's very good at speeding up the healing process and should only be used in this manner.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

THANK GOD FOR NEOSPORIN.

I pick at my acne on occasion (bad bad I knowww) and then I'm left with a potentially scarring situation. Overnight Neosporin immediately expedites the healing process. I wouldn't recommend putting Neosporin directly on a blemish or anything, but if I have to pop something or I pick at acne, Neosporin is my go-to. Just overnight the results are amazing.

If a spot is scabby or just hard to cover (some of those, I'm convinced, are impossible to conceal) put Neosporin on it, dab away the excess with a q-tip, and then put your concealer on a couple minutes later.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is absolutely amazing! I get cystic acne that sometimes I just can't leave alone, or I get a shot from the derm and my skin looks like I've been in a fight! I apply a huge glob of this on at night and the spot is almost gone in the morning! Not completely but it look a Heck of alot better than it would normally. It helps pervent scars, helps heal quickly also it leaves the skin smoother. I apply it under makeup on zits. It's just an HG! ~~Also I got a really bad motorcycle burn on my shin and applied this every day and night with a bandaide until the scab was gone and I have vertually no scar. DH was shocked. I use this on my kids for sports cuts & scratches. This stuff just rules!

on 1/10/2007 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Not only does this work for minor cuts & scrapes, but it definitely heals blemishes faster as well. I use the cream not the ointment, since I have very oily skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this on cuts and scrapes and it takes the sting and burn away. I have even tried it on pimples, and it works pretty good. Everything seems to heal more better and quicker, especially when used with a bandage. A must to put in a first-aid kit or medicine cabinet.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

i love to use the cream (not the ointment) on the edges of my nose when i have a cold or allergy attack. it really helps to prevent and heal any chapping from all the blowing.