Neosporin Pain Relief Cream

4.9

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I use this on cuts, scrapes, etc. But the one thing I love using this on are pimples that have popped on their own. You know those painful ones that eventually just erupt and ever so slowly start excreting their disgusting contents onto the surface of your skin (bleh). So I just rip up a piece of cotton, put a dab of this on the cotton, stick it on my face and go to bed. The next day all the yellow stuff is on the cotton. Please be advised, this method does nothing for developing acne that has no puncture in it. For emergencies only. If your face is covered in 5+ more of these types on pimples, please go to the dermatologist, acne sucks, but you should definitely see a doctor if it hurts.

on 6/2/2013 1:51:00 AM

I can't say enough good things about this product. Recently, my skin decided to freak out and I got a large painful pimple. Well, since I just can't resist I picked at it. And I got the dreaded scabby area which is almost impossible to cover with makeup and if you do even manage to take away the redness it just looks scaly and gross. I remembered one of my friends in high school always used to put neosporin on her pimples. So I got some, put it on the scabbed area 3x a day for 2 days and by the third day the skin around the scab just kinda flaked off and the whole scab came off! That usually takes at least a week. I still have a light pink mark but that's way more manageable than a crusty scab. Try this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is awesome for my eczema!
I have really bad eczema on my hands. I'm a hairdresser and makeup artist and I'm highly allergic to sodium laurel sulfate (the lather you get in soaps and shampoos). I wash my hands dozens of times in a single day... and I live in a super dry climate. Needless to say I'm in extreme pain if I don't stay on top of wearing gloves, and being careful about what I wash my hands with, wash my customers hair with etc. Usually I'm good haven't needed a prescription in about two years. I have managed to keep everything at bay with Gold Bond hand cream, but this summer has been the worst. For the last two-ish months I have had horrible swelling, pain, flaky, dry skin. Not to mention the most intense itching ever! I seriously haven't worn my engagement ring in months! =(
Anyway, the hand cream I normally use has done nothing. I have had it practically attached to me, I was at my wits end about a week ago and ready to get a new prescription for a steroid cream.
About a week ago for whatever reason I think because it said pain relief on the tube, I pulled out the Neosporin from the medicine cabinet and slathered it on my poor hands before bed. I woke up in the morning to NEW HANDS! I'm not kidding, they are actually healing!! The swelling has gone down so much! It's been a week, I have a tube in my purse, at work and next to the bed. Not perfect yet... but almost! Still dry, but not flaky. There are no cracks anymore! One more week and I should be normal!! I am so relived, feeling tons better!!! YAY!

on 5/8/2012 2:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I use the cream and not the ointment. I found if you apply it the day the acne was popped it will cause it to become a whitehead again. If you apply it 24hrs later it won't. When you apply it, make sure to rub it in really well. I apply this 3 times consecutively in the same spot. Don't rub it in hard just gently. I do this every day until I am satisfied. This causes the scar to fade a lot faster for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great little quick fix for stubborn, painful angry zits, whether it's a pimple that just won't seem to budge or a spot that you've been obsessively picking and squeezing.

I had an annoying breakout near the corner of my mouth and over the past week I've been using different spot treatments to get the darn thing to shrink, or at least come to a head. I've used benzoyl peroxide, a sulfur mask, tea tree oil, salicylic acid, and bentonite clay. Needless to say that after a few days my pimple looked very dry, red, and flaky. I decided to give my skin a little break and try some Neosporin ointment to soothe the irritation. I did this right before bed and covered the spot with a Bandaid. By next morning, the swelling had gone down quite a bit, and the skin around the zit looked smoother. I was pleasantly surprised! I did it again the following night, to see more improvement the following morning. Less swollen, less red, softer skin. By this time, the breakout was much easier to cover with makeup.

While the ointment yielded wonderful results, I DO NOT consider this a long-term solution for acne sufferers. As other reviewers have mentioned, long-term use could do more harm than good, causing the skin to become resistant to antibiotics and make it difficult to fight off infections in the future. Yikes. There's a reason this isn't marketed as a regular skincare treatment.

For me, this is a once-in-a-while last resort / emergency fix. It kills bacteria, moisturizes, and heals the skin very quickly. So while I can see how this is a miracle product for a lot of people, it's still important to consider its long-term effects. I do recommend it as a quick fix every now and then, but for something you can use everyday all over your face, stick to products that are specifically for acne.

on 1/31/2011 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I asked my friend to purchase this for me when she was in the States last year. I have minor issues with acne. I don't get many but when I do I get the extremely large pus-filled ones. Not very attractive!

I am a habitual picker. As much as I hate it and I know that I should do it, I always seem to taunt my pimples. I just had a large pimple under my nose, waited for the pus to dry out and the skin began to flake off. I used a tissue to pick it off (I feel awful even writing about this!) but immediately put Neosporin Pain Relief on it, to help prevent scarring.

Fingers crossed it will work!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is review is for plain ole neosporin.
I use this after I pop a zit. I swab it with H2O2, pierce it with disinfected lance, and squeeze with latex gloves on. Then I dab more H2O2 and then rub in a tiny bit of neosporin. I was scared to try it at first but it works so good. The morning after I use this, I'm usually left with just a flat red mark that is easily concealed with makeup. Sometimes I need to reapply the next day and that takes care of it.
It's amazing.

on 1/21/2010 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This and Clean&Clear's Benzoyl Peroxide Spot Treatment are my HG skin care treatments!Whenever I have a popped pimple I put this on.What I do is clean the area with alcohol and then squeeze the tiniest drop out and rub it in.It's cheap,it works,and you only need a little bit.I will re-purchase when I run out which won't be for a while.

on 3/26/2008 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Awesome. Works well on zits blemishes, and youre cuts, too.

on 12/29/2007 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love neosporin!!! I use it on breakouts after I have extracted pimples. It is great at deterring infection which keeps the pimple from coming back. I also use it as a spot treatment. When I feel a pimple coming up, I put benzoyl peroxide on it, let it dry, then apply neosporin. This works wonders on reducing a pimple!! I used both the gel (at night) and cream (during the day).

Popular Lotions / Creams