Neosporin Pain Relief Cream

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Neosporin Pain Relief Cream

3.8

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have tried every type of neosporin the patented technology and the pain and relive one. I have mainly only used and have experience with trying this for the face after having a pimple popping episode to avoid scaring. Now here is the thing about neosporin. A few years back neosporins original formula was the best to use in this case. I hate their new patented technology, it really does help the wound heal faster but it doesn't help prevent scaring much the old version helped with the scaring to a point were there was no absolute trace of were the scar was. It was amazing ! This new formula gives me a n itchy rash I actually feel it makes my wounds heal with more of a scar like a purple scar. I will still use it for rare occasions when I just need for something to heal quick but that's all.

Every time I get a cut or something, I always out this on! Helps keep away infections!

on 2/24/2006 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I usually get Walgreens' generic of the Neosporin + Pain Relief Cream, but I had a coupon so I got the Neosporin brand name.

I have never broken out from the Walgreens' version and use it on healing and scabbed over zits. However, it has happened 3 out of 3 times since I just started using the brand name. The only difference on the ingredient list is mineral oil in the brand name but not the Walgreens--which doesn't make sense because mineral oil isn't pore-clogging and is tolerated well by me in other products.

Ingreds:

Active Ingredients: Each gram contains: Polymyxin B Sulfate (10,000 units), Neomycin (3.5 mg), Pramoxine Hydrochloride (10 mg)

Inactive Ingredients: Emulsifying Wax, Methylparaben, Mineral Oil, Poloxamer 188, Propylene Glycol, Purified Water, White Petrolatum

continued >>

on 8/24/2005 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Every summer I return to the U.S. for a few weeks and stock up on all the things I can't get overseas, like Neosporin. (Actually, I CAN get Neosporin overseas, but not without a prescription because of it's "antibiotic" claim.) In any event, like many other reviewers, this is a staple in our house. Love it and will always continue to buy it.

on 8/28/2004 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

WOW, after reading some of the posts on here, im amazed at what neosporin is all good for! What i have at home is the ointment, but from what i read, seems like the cream is much better. i have both now. I use the ointment for chapped heels or any cuts. it works wonderfully. The cream i i use for pimples and such. WOW it really works!! i went out and bough a box of " CURAD sensitiv skin ouchless bandaid" ..they're little round ones..and they're the best for this. they made for the delicate part of your face. ..neosporin plus bandaid is awesome! its one of the best advice i got from MUA. I also had my 15 year old brother try it when he had a zit on his nose....it was amazing.

on 12/20/2002 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I put this on any pimples that I get. At night I dab some on the blemish and then cover it with a bandaid. It always helps and the next day my skin looks so much better. I keep a tube of this in my purse and if my lips get so chapped that they hurt, I apply some of this.

Popular Lotions / Creams