Neosporin Pain Relief Cream

Filtered by skin type : Other
Neosporin Pain Relief Cream

4.6

Amazing!!!!! I love Neosporin for gentle healing!! Must have for any blemish, or small scrapes or cuts!! Good for lips too!'

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Works great! I feel that it heals faster than the ointment formula.

I like this product for cuts and scrapes and only recently tried using it on bad pimples. I'm very concerned about antibiotic resistance in general so I do not want to overuse this. It basically keeps my boo-boos moist and kills any dangerous stuff that might be in there. It's not an acne treatment but may reduce the marks left behind; I do notice that the redness seems to go away more quickly.

on 12/11/2007 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Wow....so a while ago I got a cut on my hand and immediately put Neosporin on it. Several years ago I had used Neosporin on every cut and had no problems, but all of a sudden when I put Neosporin on a cut I had, it just got worse, and actually looked infected. I kept putting it on and couldn't figure out what was wrong. Turns out I was allergic to the active ingredient in Neosporin and immediately stopped using it. The doctor recommended I use just plain Vaseline instead if I got a cut, because the reason why a scar forms is that a hard, dry scab forms on the skin, so if you keep that area hydrated there is less of a chance of scarring.

But, I had no way of dealing with the painful breakouts on my face which were leaving my face with bad hyperpigmentation and scarring. Using vaseline on that would just make me breakout more.

Anyway, with that being said, if you AREN'T allergic to Neosporin, the product itself does the job and really does help reduce scarring and prevent infection. I had to take lippies off because of how bad it is that such a generally accepted as safe product can bring out the worst skin irritation, especially from broken skin.

on 5/2/2007 7:40:00 PM

i LOVE neosporin, i have very scar-prone, redmark-prone skin either due to pimples or left by pimples when they're gone, and neosporin makes the marks fade away SO QUICKLY!!!!!!!!!

<333333333

on 1/22/2006 9:05:00 PM

Great spot treatment on zits! I stole it from my boyfriend!

on 9/20/2004 1:26:00 AM

I don't know if someone already mentioned this, but one of the ingredients in Neosporin (Neomycin) can cause allergic reactions, so some people might have problems using it on their faces. I use Polysporin as a moisturizer (the only moisturizer I have found that my skin agrees with), because it only has two anti-bacterial ingredients (not Neomycin), and does not have any mineral oil. It does feel heavy and greasy at first, but now that I am used to it I love it! My skin is never dry, and I never break out anymore.

on 4/3/2004 10:21:00 AM

Every household should have Neosporin, right there next to the Aquaphor. I only recently discovered its effectiveness on blemishes when my little brain put two and two together and realized that blemishes are actually infections, so why not try Neosporin? Neosporin is known for killing infections and speeding healing, but its other major benefit is that it reduces scarring. You know those little round Band-Aids? Next time you have a blemish, dab a bit of Neosporin cream on it and cover with a round Band-Aid. Next morning it'll either be gone or far on its way to healing. I use the white cream formula in the little tube because it's good for spot application. The pain relief is a plus for areas with broken skin.

This is an amazing all purpose product. It never really caught my attention when my mother would smooth it onto scrapes and cuts, but for some reason I was possesed to smear it onto a breakout...heavily... and leave it on overnight to moisturize and get rid of those damn healing zit flakes. I figured it would either be worse by morning due to the grease factor, or, as I hoped, be more moist and smoothed. When I finally woke up, I looked in the mirror to find my breakout smaller, without flakes, and with alot less redness. I was sold ever since and apply the stuff at least a few nights a week. The pain relief is also a plus for sore spots on the face such as the eyebrows post-wax.

on 2/22/2004 2:29:00 PM

Like other posters have mentioned, I have used this product for years. My mother first turned me on to it for chapped lips, then my dermatologist had me use it to help heal the scabs left from having moles frozen or scraped off. It helps scabs heal incredibly fast, and the pain relief properties is an added plus. I had forgotten how well this worked on pimples, I'm going to try it again now on my 40+ rosacea prone skin.

Popular Lotions / Creams