Neosporin Pain Relief Cream

Neosporin Pain Relief Cream

4.7

on 12/30/2001 3:21:00 PM

This product is essential. It is the BEST lip balm I have found, not for a shiny look or anything like that, but for healing and soothing cracked, painful lips. It sinks right in and makes lips pliable and soft again. Also takes away the sting. Plus, my sis told me her friend's derm made her friend use it on healing scabs from zits, so she and I both use it now, and it does make them heal faster and prevents that scaly dryness that can result during healing. I'd suggest for anyone to buy this stuff since it's so multi-purpose.

on 12/20/2002 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I put this on any pimples that I get. At night I dab some on the blemish and then cover it with a bandaid. It always helps and the next day my skin looks so much better. I keep a tube of this in my purse and if my lips get so chapped that they hurt, I apply some of this.

on 12/30/2002 11:24:00 PM

I agree with another reviewer this is great to heal a blemish, really reduces the redness and helps it heal so that there are no marks or scars.

on 1/4/2003 2:20:00 PM

What a great multi-purpose product! Others have listed various uses, and I have another to add, but it's not for face: This is also good to apply to dry, cracked heels. It provides pain relief and helps them heal.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Neosporin is always handy to have around - and the pain relief formula is an added benefit. This works well on scrapes, cuts, burns and abrasions. It's super gentle and works well on the most sensitive of areas, especially the face. This really exceeds the healing process of a wound, and does a great job of minimizing the pain! Burt's Bees Res-Q Ointment is also a wonderful product I keep right next to my Neosporin :)

on 6/26/2003 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I remember when this was only available by RX. Great all around first aid cream. I like the cream much better than the ointment.

This is the product I cannot live without. I know we're not supposed to pop pimples,ever. But come on, we sometimes do. Well,to make sure the popping doesn't leave a scar,heals fast and the pimple does not resurface the next day I use this as often as I can. I also use this on my lips and other scrapes and burns on the body. I turned everyone in my household on to this as well, and they are happy. Will definitely keep purchasing.Update:I see that someone mentioned putting a bandaid over this and 'tis true. If I have a particularly nasty zit (especially if I've had the intelligence to pick at it) putting a bandaid over neosporin is a lifesaver. By morning any scratches close up and the redness is gone. Otherwise, neosporin is left on my pillow and the scratch can get reinfected and inflamed again. So bottomline: bandaid over neosporin=good.:)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This ointment has been a fixture in my life for as long as I can remember, along with Mycitracin, which is now Band-Aid First Aid ointment, or something like that. They are essentially the same thing, but I like Neosporin best and can actually cite scientific research proving its efficacy. When I was in the 7th grade (in the early 70s, ladies) my science class conducted an experiment to see which antibacterial agent killed the most bacteria. We tested Neosprin ointment, Mycitracin ointment and hydrogen peroxide. Guess what? The Neosporin won! I have used this (or had it smeared on me by my mother) to heal everything imaginable, from cuts and scrapes, to pimples, to rough, dry patches on my skin (esp on my face), to ragged, dry cuticles, to chapped lips, you name it. I now use it on my own children, just like my mother used it on me. The pain relief element is what makes this so wonderful - within twenty minutes of applying it, the pain is gone. My entire family swears by this. I even carry a tube in my purse along with couple of band-aids. It's a mom thing.

on 2/7/2004 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Why did it take me so long to discover this little miracle? This helps my blemishes heal DAYS faster and with so much less scarring!! A new must have for me.

on 2/20/2004 10:56:00 AM

I am just using a generic bacitrin/neosporin-type ointment on my whole face now, I had some capillaries treated with a laser and my dermatologist told me to put this on my face 3x a day. I though it would make me break out from the petroleum grease all over my face but the weird thing is that though I didn't have big pimples my skin usually has a few clogged pores and small bumps, and those little bumps are dissappearing and my skin looks great-smooth and clear, besides the swelling and scabbing from the laser treatment LOL I guess the antibacterial aspect prevents breaking out?

Popular Lotions / Creams