Neosporin Pain Relief Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 30-35
Neosporin Pain Relief Cream

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I worked for a dermatologist while I was in college, and patients would call and complain about big zits (like a big zit was a reason to be seen today, cancer yes, zit....). He would always tell them to pop it once it came to a head (don't force it!), clean the area and put neosporin on it. I thought this was crazy, but it works! I just use the generic for neosporin, clean my face, extract the pimple, wash again and put neosporin on. Its gone in days rather than weeks. Just for comparison, I had two on my chin, one I left alone and one I did the extraction / neosporin with. The one left alone took 7 weeks to heal and another 6 to get rid of the dark spot, the other took 2 weeks total to go away.

on 12/10/2007 10:35:00 AM

This product is my HG for isolated acne spots. I usually prick the spot (gently) with a clean safety pin to relieve pressure, apply a warm washcloth to promote drainage, and then "seal it off" with a dab of neosporin. The next morning, the spot is either gone or reduced significantly. Although I haven't tried using a band-aid on top of it, I'm sure that would yield even better results, since it would help the ointment remain on the skin longer.

One caveat--I suspect that neosporin is only appropriate for spots, and not as an all-over treatment, so I would be hesitant to apply it to my entire face. Maybe someone else here has a different view, though.

Popular Lotions / Creams