Neosporin Pain Relief Cream

Filtered by age: 25-29
Neosporin Pain Relief Cream

4.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great little quick fix for stubborn, painful angry zits, whether it's a pimple that just won't seem to budge or a spot that you've been obsessively picking and squeezing.

I had an annoying breakout near the corner of my mouth and over the past week I've been using different spot treatments to get the darn thing to shrink, or at least come to a head. I've used benzoyl peroxide, a sulfur mask, tea tree oil, salicylic acid, and bentonite clay. Needless to say that after a few days my pimple looked very dry, red, and flaky. I decided to give my skin a little break and try some Neosporin ointment to soothe the irritation. I did this right before bed and covered the spot with a Bandaid. By next morning, the swelling had gone down quite a bit, and the skin around the zit looked smoother. I was pleasantly surprised! I did it again the following night, to see more improvement the following morning. Less swollen, less red, softer skin. By this time, the breakout was much easier to cover with makeup.

While the ointment yielded wonderful results, I DO NOT consider this a long-term solution for acne sufferers. As other reviewers have mentioned, long-term use could do more harm than good, causing the skin to become resistant to antibiotics and make it difficult to fight off infections in the future. Yikes. There's a reason this isn't marketed as a regular skincare treatment.

For me, this is a once-in-a-while last resort / emergency fix. It kills bacteria, moisturizes, and heals the skin very quickly. So while I can see how this is a miracle product for a lot of people, it's still important to consider its long-term effects. I do recommend it as a quick fix every now and then, but for something you can use everyday all over your face, stick to products that are specifically for acne.

on 10/25/2011 7:13:00 AM

I used to love this for Pimples when I first discovered the reviews on it for that online.
However with time it does make things worse, for me I would notice another pimple or more.. of the horrible cyst or whitehead kinds in the same exact area I applied it in the weeks to come.
I did some googling and even the cream is FILLED WITH HIGHLY COMEDOGENIC INGREDIENTS!!! like Emulsyfying wax, MINERAL OIL! (the worst zit culprit) , etc etc!!!

Just keep an eye for it changing it's effectiveness on ya, and make sure to apply smallest amount possible with bandaids would probably help (since then when sleeping you won't get it on your pillowcase which then gets it on other parts of your face which then causes more pimples !)

Great stuff, had a small cut on my finger recently, i just dabbed this on it w/ a bandage and it was completly better the next day.

on 12/13/2010 5:55:00 AM

I use this after ive popped a pimple and after it's been cleaned with benzoyl peroxide. It clears mine within 24 hours to the point it's just a small red mark that goes away very quickly. Also alleviates the pain of waxing and soothes the irritation. I do the majority of my own waxing and sometimes I do lift some skin and this stuff will clear it up in 2-3 days as opposed to 5-7 days. Works great for almost anything!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is review is for plain ole neosporin.
I use this after I pop a zit. I swab it with H2O2, pierce it with disinfected lance, and squeeze with latex gloves on. Then I dab more H2O2 and then rub in a tiny bit of neosporin. I was scared to try it at first but it works so good. The morning after I use this, I'm usually left with just a flat red mark that is easily concealed with makeup. Sometimes I need to reapply the next day and that takes care of it.
It's amazing.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is very handy. I had a zit emergency...like a huge one was forming, and I was freaking out- it was red, a huge mass that hadn't yet come to a head yet...cystic etc etc. So at night I applied a little to cover it up, and by morning I noticed it had come to a head and had shrinked considerably. I know not to use it all the time though...cause your skin can get used to it and your So glad I got it!natural bacterias can become ineffective at fighting off bacteria over time etc etc (look up info online), so only for true zit emergencies will I pull this stuff out! but it works. I mainly use it for those zit cases but it's also great for the cuts and people use it on their lips and stuff.

on 1/21/2010 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This and Clean&Clear's Benzoyl Peroxide Spot Treatment are my HG skin care treatments!Whenever I have a popped pimple I put this on.What I do is clean the area with alcohol and then squeeze the tiniest drop out and rub it in.It's cheap,it works,and you only need a little bit.I will re-purchase when I run out which won't be for a while.

on 1/21/2010 6:45:00 PM

this is a staple for me, and i'm never without it. i use this after shaving my legs for any nicks or cuts. works well on the bikini zone too! helps heal skin without scarring. good for burns, scrapes and the occasional popped pimple.

on 11/21/2009 7:31:00 PM

I actually started buying the generic Bacitracin/Neomycin/Polymycin ointment because it's cheaper, but this stuff rocks.

I use it to:
* Heal any raw spots on my face caused when I am temped to pick (bad, I know).

*Prevent bumps on my bikini line after shaving (this is the ONLY thing that I have found to work 100%).

Generic costs about $3.50 for a larger sized tube, which lasts quite awhile. A+

on 8/14/2009 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It's always good to have neosporin in your acne arsenal. This is really good for HEALING pimples and not diminishing them for 2 reasons. 1) it is an antibacterial agent and if used too often the bacteria in the skin and pimple will become accustomed to neosporin and overpower it thereby rendering useless. 2) neosporin is used for wounds, cuts and scrapes to promote healing. if you use this on a pimple, the skin will heal leaving the impaction, pus underneath your skin.

The correct time to use this is after you are sure that the clog, pus and fluid are drained from the site. I was taught by my facialist that after extracting the pimple to gently apply pressure to the site and if it hurts, it means there's still foreign material ie. clog or pus inside. Make sure the site is empty before you put neosporin or else your skin will heal over the clog, pus and bury it underneath.

That being said, it's very good at speeding up the healing process and should only be used in this manner.